• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy is so hard to be consistent with

ADHD

Smash Hero
I find that other chars are so easy to just use randomly any time of the day but with diddy you have to be top notch to use him well >_<

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I dont think so. Even when Im off, I still play pretty good with diddy. It is not that hard. I mean if you been playing him since March, you got him down. But against some characters you have to be top notch (olimar falco, fox, metaknight, snake etc.)

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I agree. Diddy is a top tier character and dosn't seem like it at all. You have to work much harder to be as good as G&W who all he has to do is spam b air and MK all he has to do is spam tonrado and b up. Diddy actually takes practice, hes the only top tier whos not broken.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I agree. Diddy is a top tier character and dosn't seem like it at all. You have to work much harder to be as good as G&W who all he has to do is spam b air and MK all he has to do is spam tonrado and b up. Diddy actually takes practice, hes the only top tier whos not broken.
By your logic I could say all Diddy has to do is Spam Bananas. Which, as we know is NOT the case. So don't try to apply that To GW, MK, etc.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Diddy isnt top tier, and im surprised he made it mid high tier based on tournamdnt results.

I agree with yoshididdy, some characters you cant make mistakes on.

Count

Smash Champion
I agree that hes hard to be consistent with. You could lose to anybody, or you could pull off some major upsets. This isn't true of all characters.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Diddy is a wicked character if a player can be consistent with him. If you are talented at controlling the momentum of the match, then your oponent is at a serious disadvantage. For me, he is still pretty easy to use. The same old banana strategy can beat tons of bad players, and the good ones can still have trouble keeping up against good banana control.

Diddy King

Smash Cadet
I can be off my game and it doesn't make much a difference. Large margin of error for him. He's an easy character to use in general.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I can just pick up every character and play decent with him, except with Zelda, I can't do anything with her... besides down B :)

Diddy is very easy to use if you know at least a few things about him (like glide tossing and such).

For me he's the best choice if I want to win constantly.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It's easy to be consistent with Diddy if you're consistenly n00b like me

I think if you watch my Round 2 match against Accelerate's ROB, you'll see the effects of inconsistently.

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
i choke in tournies when somebody like ROB/DK are at high ****ing %'s and wont die pretty hardcore sometimes.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
ill guess it will be hard to do consistently good in tournaments with diddy, not to mention winning them, because it has too much troubles with heavier chars. kind of the same situation undead has in wc3 if anyones playing LOL face orc and you're out of the tourny.

ADHD

Smash Hero
ill guess it will be hard to do consistently good in tournaments with diddy, not to mention winning them, because she has too much troubles with heavier chars. kind of the same situation undead has in wc3 if anyones playing LOL face orc and you're out of the tourny.
Wait what?

Psycho K

Smash Rookie
I find that other chars are so easy to just use randomly any time of the day but with diddy you have to be top notch to use him well >_<
I feel this way too. Unless I'm really in the mood for a serious 1v1 match, I usually avoid Diddy like the plague, even though he's supposed to be my "main." I guess the definition varies a bit, but that's okay.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
I feel this way too. Unless I'm really in the mood for a serious 1v1 match, I usually avoid Diddy like the plague, even though he's supposed to be my "main." I guess the definition varies a bit, but that's okay.
is that so your opponents dont learn your banana game and then the **** will stop ^_^

Akashi

Smash Lord
Haha, that's what my friends think, Pastaboy, but in reality Diddy takes a lot of precision and timing to be rapeface good. He's extremely technical, from banana choking to just setting up your bananas, it's all about thinking ahead. With that said, when I'm playing friendlies I hardly play Diddy (especially in FFAs, ugh), I tend to keep to my secondaries: Ike/Marth. Why? Because I'm lazy, and characters with no projectiles are extremely easy for me to play seriously without putting up too much brainpower outside mindgames. But in competitive friendlies I continue to play Diddy mainly because it's great training.

KC18

Smash Journeyman
in all honesty, i'm gonna say it's not diddy, it's just brawl in general. noone can ever be 100% consistent, but for the times you aren't, there's something to learn.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
I find that playing oponents who actually know what to expect from Diddy requires alot of mental endurance. You've constantly got to be managing bananas and playing mindgames if you want to combo. Plus your oponent wants the bananas as much as you do.

BudaBoy

Smash Cadet
I find that playing oponents who actually know what to expect from Diddy requires alot of mental endurance. You've constantly got to be managing bananas and playing mindgames if you want to combo. Plus your oponent wants the bananas as much as you do.
Completely agree. Playing against ppl who have experience against diddy can be really hard. It requires a lot of focus to be able to gain the advantage and keep it when they know how play the naners game. You have to be constantly thinking about how to catch them off guard with each move without slowing your decisions at all. I don't think other characters such as G&W or MK are easy to play or require only a 2-move spam, but it's much easier to be consistent with them even against ppl who are at your skill level or higher.

However, when playing against someone relatively new to either brawl or diddy, I can't think of an easier character to **** with XD

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
The hardest part about being Diddy Kong is banana control.
If your opponent has better banana control than you, you have, in essence, lost the match.

Yoshididdy said it, you just cannot make mistakes with Diddy.

Top Bottom