• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy is a beast in doubles

ADHD

Smash Hero
He's a wild card and you can beat opponents better than yours simply because the bananas are so much harder to avoid in doubles. You, only diddy controls the bananas as well and in doubles it really shows when people struggle to get around them. With the little space you have to fight when there's four people on the field you can control your bananas in a way that makes them very limited to avoiding it. His dash attack is seriously good in teams because it sends people away and bides you some time, especially if you follow it up. Also bananas are so easy to get out in doubles you can do it practically any time and not get punished. It just takes alot of control to use diddy with a partner and you really have to know what you're doing or else you interfere with not only your opponents but also your partner. On top of that, it's alot of randomness depending on who your opponents are. For example, snake is bad at controlling handling the nanerz and it's going to show very well. He's agile and able to help another in need without much effort and can keep your opponent away from the other mess going on just a few feet away from you. It's just difficult to find a compatible partner but one who gimps well and kills well is the best. I'm assuming dedede is the best partner for diddy.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Agreed, and Diddy has an incredibly good chance at coming back from 2v1 in doubles, as long as he doesn't get grab release chained. Personally, Battlefield is my favorite stage for Diddy in 2v2.

My partner very often is Donkey Kong, and we tear it up. DK makes an incredible partner, and he has a ridiculous glide toss.

Count

Smash Champion
I like BF best in doubles also, and I've been saying for a long time that I think 3d is a really good partner for diddy.

Top Bottom