• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy as a Secondary

Status
Not open for further replies.

DUB

Smash Lord
I'm looking to try someone new, but would definitely be keeping Diddy. Instead of spamming all the character boards I figured I would ask here.

With that said.... What character benefits the most by having Diddy as a secondary? Provide reasons, matchups if you can. Thx in advance.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
You don't need to spam the boards, ask the Diddy people.
QTF

The best course of action for you to take is to start asking other diddy mains why they use a said second in the first place or to make a thread within the diddy forum after doing a search for a preexisting one related to this subject.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Well I main Diddy so I could tell who makes a good secondary to Diddy. Than you just make Diddy your second and the secondaries your main.
Secondaries who cover most of Diddys bad matchups include G&W and Snake.
Im personally trying to use Diddy in every matchup (Olimar sucks arrgh) but when Im in tournies and I dont feel comfortable using Diddy, I use Kirby and ROB as seconds.

Irsic

Smash Ace
I'm a Lucas main, so this is probably going to be completely disregarded, but Diddy is my secondary.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Diddy has a decent matchup vs Metaknight, and can beat alot of unprepared oponents regardless of the matchup. He is also creative with alot of oppertunities for personal style

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
You need to main diddy or be really really good with him or else your going to get trashed by players.

Everyone knows how to fight Diddy kong and it takes a lot of effort to get good with him. Diddy as a secondary isn't going to be enough for him to make much of an impact against your opponents.

aextreme73

Smash Apprentice
i use diddy for fun, i main kirby and side t.link
diddy is good for spacing, u may want to use a heavier character such as dk, ike or samus
if you're worried about tiers, try snake, because u would be used to item spamming and tilts

Popcornio

Smash Apprentice
I have a friend who mains Diddy really well and i've learned a little from it. Most of your match-ups come down to Banana control and how well you combo with them. It's really the only way to use Diddy to his fullest. He has some good aerial game.

OT @ aextreme73: I also use T. Link/Kirby :D

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Dear Le_THieN

I moved this thread from Tactical discussion, so it's your problem now.

xoxoxo
Vyse

:056:

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Dear Vyse,

Do you really think this is the first thing I want to see in the morning after doing the Walk of Shame for the fourth time this week? I'm going to take a nap, and then I'm going to close this ho when I wake back up.

Everyone else:

GEE TEE EFF OHHHHHHHHHH

With Mild Regards,
Le THieN

white peachy

Smash Ace
Dear Vyse,

Do you really think this is the first thing I want to see in the morning after doing the Walk of Shame for the fourth time this week? I'm going to take a nap, and then I'm going to close this ho when I wake back up.

Everyone else:

GEE TEE EFF OHHHHHHHHHH

With Mild Regards,
Le THieN
Can dudes do a walk of shame? I was under the impression it only applied to chicks.

...Still 4 times in a week is impressive.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
The walk of shame for Diddy players is when you have to walk to the trash can afterwards to throw away your used banana peel after abusing your opponent with it.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
To be slightly serious, I am going to go ahead and close this thread down. We have had numerous analyses about this very topic in the last several months, and have questioned whether or not it's even necessary in the long wrong. Please refer to those threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom