• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy: A Top Sudden Death Character?

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Does anyone consider Diddy to be one of the best characters in Sudden Death? He may not have any projectiles that can instant ko anyone, but it seems that with mostly all the opponents I've battled they tend to get ko'd either by his kong fu kick or a Diddy Hump Attack. It's almost like they don't expect it despite the fact it could easily be shield grabbed. I just recently had a Sudden Death Winning Streak of 7 on "With Anyone" matches for Basic Brawl. Has anyone else had dominance with Diddy in Sudden Death? I consider him to be a top tier Sudden Death player due to his speed, ability to charge with bananas and monkey flips, and lastly hold back dash attacks with the pop gun.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Finishing with a Hump Grab / Slap to the face would be the best evar! :rotfl:
It is great. If your able to latch onto an opponent with it and attack it's always an instant KO. It's normally the move I attempt to do everytime. First I'll dast at them and then flip backwards to see if they'll sheild if the opponent is just standing there. If they shield then the monkey flip is gonna be a no go, but if they don't I will come at them again with it. I almost always latch on the 2nd time as long as I don't miss.

IDK

Smash Lord
i wouldnt recommend using the banana in sudden death because they could just run at you and make you subject to dash death while the banana is coming out. btw the person who said they just play stock... if u play a bowser, kirby, or DDD, they could bowsercide, kirbycide, or swallowcide you... in which case you go to sudden death.

saberhof

Smash Master
i always win so i dont go to sudden death - lol jk

but yeah why would you even go that far with DIDDY to go onto sudden death?? unless thats your only way of winning?...=O

but yeah on the note of diddy being top tier in sudden death, its true...his dashA>upsmash is incredible..

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
the kirby and ddd deaths can get tricky but if you can break out of it with out pushing the jump button as soon as you come out you can footstool them. but when pulling a banana out, dont stay on the gournd. jump and pull one out in the air. if they are under you when your finished, use over b to evade...i try to use the hump sometimes but i get hit. to me i have a better chance with bananas

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
I'm able to use bananas in Sudden Death for my kills. I jump away from my opponent while facing away from them as well when pulling out the first one. If necessary, I grab the banana so they'll keep their distance, and I pull out another one. Then I carefully begin glide tossing toward them and finishing with a running up smash, a forward smash, or a down smash. I need to get into the habit of stutter stepping a forward smash for a bit more range.

Top Bottom