• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did that kid ever eat his hat?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You should go watch some Lucas and Ness vids, they don't play alike at all. I think you are just ignoring the facts because Kumatora and Claus didn't get in (atleast they got stickers I think). Ness is already an Original Fighter (wtf?) If you want to remove someone remove Toon Link.
I've seen Lucas vids and based off of what I hear from players, Ness is relatively unchanged. They don't play identically but they are very similar, yet different at the same time. Basically, they're like semi-clones.

Project Occasus

Smash Cadet
Yes I did, you can check the Ness support threads for proof.

Ironic.
That's not ironic, that's just a coincidence.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and that sultanofsurreal guy still posts around. So he's not gone entirely (just search for his recent posts if you wish to see).

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
There's so much wrong with this post. It just deserves a facepalm but that's getting to be an old meme so just forget it.

For one, Sakurai did indeed play mindgames all the **** time. Hell, it started with the confirmation of Lucas where his statement about Ness could really go either way and no one is sure about it. And then when the Lucas update came, in pure English and clearly said that "Up until now, Ness was in Smash" which means that Ness was in the whole series so far but now he isn't. Maybe it was a grammatical mistake? Most likely, I could see it like that and it's completely understandable. But that's what it means according to the natural laws of language structure in the English language.

And another, it wasn't ****ing poorly translated. Samuraipanda clearly said it wasn't poorly translated. The DOJO is never poorly translated.

Have you even played all of the Mother games?

For one, Mother 2 hardly improves from Mother 1. The only thing it adds is better graphics, a new HP system, and a bit more quirky adventures. That's it, it doesn't even warrant as a very good sequel ala A Link to the Past and Super Metroid. It even takes away one of the things that made Mother 1 great: It's story. In Mother 1, there was an actual backstory with Ninten relating him to Gigyas, and the final battle was almost trembling as the party sung a familiar melody to Gigyas and bringing up memories he hates to remember. Mother 1 basically still has all the quirk Mother 2 has, although Mother 2 has a bit more but I really don't think that makes it such a great game.

In Mother 2, there's hardly any story at all. Ness is just a backstoryless and personalityless character overall (although all the Mother main characters are, you at least get hints about it in their backstories and whatnot), and compared to his past counterpart Ninten he falls short in so many ways.

So no, Mother 1 > Mother 2 is in no way an opinion. It's a fact that Earthbound fanboys who think Mother 2 is the best one in the series is gonna have to face.
What are you trying to prove? Ness is already in the game, and no Sakurai did not Mind game anyone people are just too simple minded to look past things like "up until now".

While I am not saying SamuraiPanda's japanese reading skills are bad... just because he says something does not always mean hes 100% correct.

I see you are going into opinion again lolol. Ness does have a backstory and has personality.

"sultanofsurreal"

Don't forget the name, we must find him and make him eat that hat.

Edit:

Also Groundwalker is right, no one expected Ness to return, Sakurai mindgamed us, it was not poorly translated, it clearly said ness was gone. THE END.
If no one expected Ness to return then why was there an entire thread awaiting his arrival? and No it did not clearly say Ness was gone.

You guys really need to get back to English class because Sakurai never said Ness was gone.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
In Mother 2, there's hardly any story at all. Ness is just a backstoryless and personalityless character overall (although all the Mother main characters are, you at least get hints about it in their backstories and whatnot), and compared to his past counterpart Ninten he falls short in so many ways.
Isn't Lucas the only one out of the main three to have a personality.

Off-Topic: What part of Louisiana are you from?

On-Topic: Luke, your post is flooded with OPINION. I can't argue against it.
Luling, just outside of New Orleans.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
What are you trying to prove? Ness is already in the game, and no Sakurai did not Mind game anyone people are just too simple minded to look past things like "up until now".
Hold me back, dammit, I'm tempted to pull out a facepalm picture!
While I am not saying SamuraiPanda's japanese reading skills are bad... just because he says something does not always mean hes 100% correct.
Well the fact that someone who can speak Japanese clearly translates it and says it to be basically the Japanese equivalent to the term "Up until now" I highly highly doubt it's wrong.
I see you are going into opinion again lolol. Ness does have a backstory and has personality.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

I'm cracking up... Oh god!
Isn't Lucas the only one out of the main three to have a personality.
No, Ninten has one too. Lucas is the one with the most personality though.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Luke, as much as you like to depend on opinion as fact, it doesn't change the fact that the developers thought Ness was deserving, therefore he was put in the game. What, are you gonna say they're wrong? Or they made a mistake?

Anyway, I have some condiments for the hat if he needs it. But I left the deep-fryer at Taco Bell.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Up until now describes events in the past, not events that have stopped. I thought we agreed on that.

Schadenfreude is joy in other's misery.
I already knew what Schadenfreude means. I was expecting someone to realize that I was making an Avenue Q reference.

okiyama

Smash Ace
Because we all know there's was good reasons to support Ness' return, right?

Right?

Either way, Ness still doesn't deserve to be in Brawl. It's cool to see him and Lucas together from a Mother fan's standpoint but it was really a waste of space.

What can you say, though? Sakurai is human, he makes mistakes, and like with the transition between Melee and Brawl where he took out Roy, Dr. Mario, and Pichu who were mistakes in Melee, he'll do the same with a future Smash game as he learns his mistakes in Brawl.
You just made me squirt lol goo all over myself.

If Ness is a mistake what about how there are 3 fox clones?

Ojanya

Smash Ace
Ladies and Gentleman, he's online. Spam PMs now. He WILL eat this hat.

Machete

Smash Ace
If Ness is a mistake what about how there are 3 fox clones?
Let's see...

Ness is a mistake because he's a crappy character.
Falco and Wolf are cool and deserving characters.

See the difference?

Also, Ness and Lucas are more similar than Wolf and Fox.

antimatter

Smash Lord
subscribes
i have to see how this ends.
i PMed him. he will eat his words...and his hat.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
I remember that guy!We need to find him.I want to see the hat...
Sadly I think its not going to happen.We are in the internet,so....

Project Occasus

Smash Cadet
I thought it was the general consensus that Fox, Falco and Wolf are NOT clones? I can't watch videos on my amazing dial-up, but I've heard it countless times. I won't know for sure until I play it, but I am positive that these guys are not as identical as each other.

Best go watch some vids if you're not sure.

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
Forget the hat-eating, if Brawl turns out to be a competitive game (or something along those lines), SynikaL will eat an AIDS infested ******.

iPsy

Smash Cadet
I wasn't around before that either, so apparently you're mind is fooling you.

I got bored of this forum weeks before Ness was confirmed, and you'd probably only see me post everytime something on the DOJO was confirmed though. Plus I was having internet problems especially during the time when Ness, Lucario, and Jigglypuff was confirmed.

BahBahBahBahBullllshiiiiittttt

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
BahBahBahBahBullllshiiiiittttt
Yeah, you keep thinking that.

I posted my thoughts about the situation on the Serebii.net forums though and clearly stating that my internet was off for two days as it happened. Didn't bother with Smashboards since it was basically down during that time.

Super_Schlepboogie

Smash Rookie
luke groudwalker, you are a ****ing moron. Wolf is a clone and rob is a ****ty piece of plastic that def doesnt deserve a spot in brawl over ness. Id love to smack you in the face with my ****. i know you would love it. And yea you morons.... some guy is going to eat his hat. I mean thats possible. Ill eat a ****ing top hat if one of yous can prove that you can get laid... by a women. Ill make a video and everything. And then i will probably **** your mother and make you watch that too.. toodles. suck a nut groundwalker

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
luke groudwalker, you are a ****ing moron. Wolf is a clone and rob is a ****ty piece of plastic that def doesnt deserve a spot in brawl over ness. Id love to smack you in the face with my ****. i know you would love it. And yea you morons.... some guy is going to eat his hat. I mean thats possible. Ill eat a ****ing top hat if one of yous can prove that you can get laid... by a women. Ill make a video and everything. And then i will probably **** your mother and make you watch that too.. toodles. suck a nut groundwalker
This is why I've given up on humanity.

It's decided.

Luke Groundwalker > Humanity.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Actually, ROB is possibly the most deserving of all the newcomers. He was Nintendo's Trojan horse for the NES which saved the videogame industry.

BTW, you're a very silly person.

Top Bottom