• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

did taunt parties turn into as***** parties?

Vctrx

Smash Cadet
seriously, anytime I do randoms now people just decide to gang up on me and I just want to punch em through the tv:mad: what the heck happened? can someone tell me? sometimes they taunt, sometimes it's like the first to move from taunting gets picked on. This isn't normal and it's been happening for 2 days now, is there something I'm missing? I'm not just ranting, is this happening to anyone else?

AvengingTheKnight

Smash Apprentice
Inb4 stop doing basic brawl. and this has been talked about so many **** times.

Rant topics are stupid and USE THE SEARCH FEATURE!!

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
What do you expect when you're playing against random people that play the game differently?

Have some matches against friends.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
☠
Find some friends to exchange codes with.

Here's a working friend finder.

As a last resort, got to YouTube and type in "SSBB Code exchange". I can't guarantee you'll find someone decent, but it's better than having basic brawls.
☠

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
You know we do have a thread for this, and we have a thread for fighting them, which I do...alot...I have video footage. About 3 of them are on youtube. These guys are not as tough as they seem. They also tend to get annoyed when they lose. I use wolf, meta knight and ike on large stages.

Edit: And also to answer your question, this is happening all over online.

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves

Marufuji Ryo

Smash Apprentice
Here is what you do: attack one of those idiots taunting and if they all gang up on you, disconnect, disconnecting will cause all of them to disconnect from the game and back to the basic brawl menu ruining their fun. >=)

:downs:

Smash Apprentice
Here is what you do: attack one of those idiots taunting and if they all gang up on you, disconnect, disconnecting will cause all of them to disconnect from the game and back to the basic brawl menu ruining their fun. >=)
What moron told you that? Disconnecting in game just replaces you with a CPU player.

Apollo$

Smash Ace
Whats the matter, scared?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves Show me ya moves
Lets make it even more annoying! Lets be Kirby, Wario, Sonic and Ness!

O-KAY O-KAY O-KAY O-KAY HIII HIII HIII HIII WA-WA-WAAA WA-WA-WAAA WA-WA-WAAA WA-WA-WAAA UR 2 SLO UR 2 SLO UR 2 SLO UR 2 SLO (repeat for a 2 min match)

....ok in all seriousness don't play Basic, it's not worth it. Unless you want to join a taunt party and have a lot of fun annoying people. There's plenty of people on this site willing to play some friendlies.

Marufuji Ryo

Smash Apprentice
What moron told you that? Disconnecting in game just replaces you with a CPU player.
Disconnecting I.E. disabling your wireless connection/cutting power to the router or (from what I have heard) turning off your wii in a middle of a battle, which will cause the other players to disconnect (what I have heard, I am sure its happened to me though as some games have disconnected me and others players when one person is losing).

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Disconnecting I.E. disabling your wireless connection/cutting power to the router or (from what I have heard) turning off your wii in a middle of a battle, which will cause the other players to disconnect (what I have heard, I am sure its happened to me though as some games have disconnected me and others players when one person is losing).
haha yeah the rage quit will sometimes drop the whole room for everyone, but you can tell if its going to drop or not... basically if the action goes from normal (or as normal as you can get over WiFi) then suddenly waaaaaaay slow almost stopped or even stopped, that's the match trying to not DC while one or more have dropped out. if it disconnects tho, then it was unsuccessful (obviously) and if it picks back up again and returns to "normal" then you should expect to see a "seeking..." slot appear on the next round in one or more of the slots. hell I even have had matches where it started off 4 players and by the end I was the only one left >.>;

oh yeah and if someone does drop and the room remains intact the CPU will have a silver shield color as opposed to red yellow blue or green.

Sovrcat

Smash Cadet
this is how you get rid of them. pick captain falcon and get them REAL mad by pwning them with PAUNCHES and show me ya MOVEZ! then they will get mad and leave :3

BUT IF THEY PICK CAPTAIN FALCON BE READY FOR THE BATTLE OF EPICNESS

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Teaming Falcons are a paradox, like vegan lions. No one picks Falcon with any thought of leveraging an unfair advantage.

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
I love taunt parties.
When all else fails, just go Snake. Nades, nades, nades, and more nades. They usually just smash right into them while you shield or roll the other way. (They don't know how to punish rolling)
One time I was actually in a taunt party, and I was helping this random Kirby get his kirbycides by throwing the other players into his inhale. That was the most bonding experience I've ever felt online. *sniff* Beautiful.

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
I love taunt parties.
When all else fails, just go Snake. Nades, nades, nades, and more nades. They usually just smash right into them while you shield or roll the other way. (They don't know how to punish rolling)
One time I was actually in a taunt party, and I was helping this random Kirby get his kirbycides by throwing the other players into his inhale. That was the most bonding experience I've ever felt online. *sniff* Beautiful.
Better is:
1. Stick C4 to Kirby (or MK)
2. Get him to use uthrow
3. Detonate
4. ?????
5. PROFIT!!!

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
This thread is completely pointless.

Taunt Parties are just there for lols. The only time there's really a point is where your both Captain Falcon. Then, it's a simple display of good sportsmanship to exchange Falcon punchs, and downtaunt in sync.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
In my eyes, taunt parties a unfair. Taunt parties are basically this. Players "taunting" repeatedly and picking on players who just want to do what the for what the game was intended for, fight. Also, not all taunt parties are for the lols, some are, but not all. Some are just using other players to win, or to score cheap shots off of other players. So, of course getting ganged up on is gonna be frustrating, unless like me, you're doing it to fight and annoy them, I dislike them, no taunter can stop me from fighting forcefully. If I see he is a player worth admiration, I have about a 20% chance of joining them, but even then, I dislike ganging on players that wish to fight, and I either leave him/her to the other player or fight him/her one on one. Taunt parties are overall fun if you're with them, and annoying if your against them, if you don't know how to fight them.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
I'm usually the 'leader' of the taunt parties.
I'm Squirtle sending someone like Bowser after a Pit to do my dirty work then I come in and sweep Pit.
Occasionally I end up sweeping all of them on purpose.

THEND

Smash Cadet
I decided to try a basic brawl today, and right away everybody was repeatedly either crouching down or taunting. And that was it. So if nobody attacks, for the entire two minutes these people enjoy themselves pressing one button...over and over again...I don't get it.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
It means you're not welcome there unless you wish to also act ********. Drop out and back in, you will get a real match eventually (must I repeat it again, Nintendo? It says Ready To Fight!, not Ready to be Gay!", unless there is no one near enough to you to connect to who wants to fight, in which case you won't get a match at all. This is what Basic Brawl is all about. If you want a smaller chance of ******try, login to Team Battle.

But don't write off Taunt Parties (what you experienced) for one day you too may find yourself in the mood to act ******** with your brawl room's members, and when someone drops out and is filled with a newcomer, regardless of how good they are, you'll all taunt it up, and they'll either join in, or try to fight, and if they try to fight, you'll all either gang up on them, or not.

THEND

Smash Cadet
It was weird though, because I started attacking one of the players, and he attacked me back like once, and that was it.

UberMario

Smash Master
That was basically a "knock it off, I'm trying to have fun" gesture.

I've actually had a lot of fun in taunt parties.

All the players wait for the sudden death match to start, and then we play survivor Brawl style, it's especially funny when I use FLUDD to make the bob-ombs fly all the way to the opposite side of the stage in slo-mo.

Reflector tennis and punch-and-seek are fun also, as are Hot Pota-nade and Kill Chimera.

It's also easier to see the other players emotions depending on what they do.

Like one time at Hyrule, I was using the reflecta-ball glitch at the top portion of the level, and I could tell that a Kirby player was trying to let me teach them how to do it.

It was quite a bit (30 seconds) of trial-and-error, but he kept jumping for two seconds after getting it right.

One of the awesomest moments in basic brawl history I ever had, other than the 4-way tie in sudden death I had another time.

ElectricSmile

Smash Rookie
one time i was entering random with my blood falcon...there was another one.we were like SHOW ME YA MOVES SHOW ME YA MOVES SHOW ME YA MOVE SHOW ME YA MOVES and so on,avoiding attacks from two other guys who wanted to kills us.well then we killed them and entered sudden death mode and were again like SHOW ME YA MOVE SHOW ME YA MOVES SHOW ME YA MOVES the whooole time:cool::joyful:

Cleo555

Smash Cadet
So wait....if for example I decide that I don't want to join a taunt party and drop out in the middle of a match...the server will attempt to replace me with a computer player in my stead? seriously?! does it change to saying P2/3/4 to CPU?! Or is this secretly h appening all the time?! its a conspiracy i tell u!

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
So wait....if for example I decide that I don't want to join a taunt party and drop out in the middle of a match...the server will attempt to replace me with a computer player in my stead? seriously?! does it change to saying P2/3/4 to CPU?! Or is this secretly h appening all the time?! its a conspiracy i tell u!
Seems like a better way for them to waste their taunt parties against a CPU XD
yeah so It's :awesome:

Top Bottom