• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did Sakurai say he wanted a more Female presence in Brawl?

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
I remember reading in his blog and hearing about it since then but I wanted to know if anyone has a link to where Sakurai said he wanted more females in Brawl?

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
If that were the case, some of us can see Micaiah from the latest FE game make a show. Fire Emblem needs more representatives as it's highly underrated so far, IMO.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Yes...need...more...females...fufufu..
No seriously, only 3.5 female characters in Melee. Definitely need more.

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have the quote? I am just curious because if this new horrible roster is true that some people on here actually WANT to happen for some reason, then Sakurai lied. Don't get me wrong I hated the femenists who demanded every female character ever like Lip and Mona and Dixie, but not adding a single female rep when saying you are going to add more is a little BS.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Pokémon are its, their games only have different genders of them.

Wob-Wob

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff is official genderless (it can be both), but because everywhere, when someone can be either gender, and it isn't obvious which one it is, it automaticly becomes male.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I don't think Krystal is a shoe-in at all.

Jiggs is a Pokémon that can have both genders, and the Smash Bros one I'm not sure about.

There are 4 females in Melee and Brawl (so far), Zelda + Sheik = 1 female, and in Brawl, Samus + ZSS = 1 female too.

Peach, Zelda, Samus & Nana (Ice Climbers)

I agree, we need more. Not Krystal though, an FE character. I don't even know anything about FE, I just don't like Krystal due to her status as a thoughtless female recolour of the main character.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Of course it's obtainible! He's the frickin' game director!
How many possbile females can even have a chance? The video game industry is fairly sexist.

I can only think of Krystal, Dixie Kong, Li, and a Fire Emblem Lady even worthy of being in Brawl.

Jigglypuff is official genderless (it can be both), but because everywhere, when someone can be either gender, and it isn't obvious which one it is, it automaticly becomes male.
Actually the female to male ratio for Jigglypuff is like 3 to 1.

So it's safe to assume that the Smash Jigglypuff is most likely a girl.

Kruton

Smash Ace

I always thought that the Jiggs in Smash was female actually...

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Jenna from Golden Sun is possibly one of the 3 most important characters, though it's clear if Golden Sun had any reps, Isaac and Felix would come first.

Rosalina and Daisy aren't in Brawl, so scratch them. Another female Zelda character is possible, though they're either too obscure (Nayru, Farore, Din, Ruto, Medli) or look like they're not suited for adventure or fighting at all (Malon, Saria) Sheikah Impa is the only one I could think of, and personally I don't think she's deserving of a place...

I bet there is a female Mother or Fire Emblem character that would be good.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Actually the female to male ratio for Jigglypuff is like 3 to 1.

So it's safe to assume that the Smash Jigglypuff is most likely a girl.
I wonder how many people are actually going to believe that, though. But I do call Jigglypuff a "she" most of the time since I generally see her as a female. There I go again, her.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
I want Micaiah in Brawl because she would be something new to the FE roster, as she's the first Lord of the series who's primary weapon is magic and a magic-user, although not quite unique in Smash, would be perfect for the whole series' roster altogether. Beats having all swordsmen....WITH BLU HAIRE11ONE!

Originality and FE representatives is something I want.

FE defiantly feels ignored since over 70% of the 'predicted' rosters lack new FE characters...

Don't count Marth please.

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
Jenna from Golden Sun is possibly one of the 3 most important characters, though it's clear if Golden Sun had any reps, Isaac and Felix would come first.

Rosalina and Daisy aren't in Brawl, so scratch them. Another female Zelda character is possible, though they're either too obscure (Nayru, Farore, Din, Ruto, Medli) or look like they're not suited for adventure or fighting at all (Malon, Saria) Sheikah Impa is the only one I could think of, and personally I don't think she's deserving of a place...

Midna is a girl...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I agree, we need more. Not Krystal though, an FE character. I don't even know anything about FE, I just don't like Krystal due to her status as a thoughtless female recolour of the main character.
Whoa! Objection! Krystal is absolutely not a 'thoughtless recolor' of Fox.

Nasir

Smash Apprentice
When he did in fact say that he wants more female characters in Brawl, it would be quite odd if he wouldn't add anyone... and no ZSS doesn't count.

Personally I would very much like to have Krystal, Midna and Micaiah. So, I'm still hoping for them. Quite a dissapointment if none of them would be playable...

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
Personally, as far as Starfox goes, I despise Krystal. I was known around the Starfox board back at the old Nsider for coming around every once in a while and bashing the hell out of Krystal, her furry fans, and all Starfox games after 64. Regardless how much I hate Krystal as a Starfox character, she would be a VASTLY better Smash Bros character than Wolf. Lets think about this. Star fox should get one more rep. This game is about adding a bunch of new characters(or so I thought), and 4 rosters is way to much for a franchise deader than Donkey Kong, so adding one more rep would be suitable. Well you gotta have Fox, and of course Falco. Now after decloning Falco you have got to be out of any moves for any average Starfox character. However there is Krystal who is from a dinosaur planet and uses a staff and magic. That character is completely unique. We have yet to see a staff character in Smash Bros and would sure as hell be a lot better than trying to think of a moveset for wolf, who is almost as uncreative as Krystal is.

Genesai

Smash Apprentice
A fire emblem chick, jigglypuff, krystal (for sure...), paula(earthbound), midna and wolf link, possibly another f-zero rep which could be female(like jody summers or somthing...and if ac character is in then make a female alt costume(and throw in a female pt while your at it)....that would be a good handful of female characters for brawl.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Actually no. . .all he said was that he liked putting Zero suit in because she was female. It's like the "no clones" crap. . .people twisted that up.

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
Personally, as far as Starfox goes, I despise Krystal. I was known around the Starfox board back at the old Nsider for coming around every once in a while and bashing the hell out of Krystal, her furry fans, and all Starfox games after 64. Regardless how much I hate Krystal as a Starfox character, she would be a VASTLY better Smash Bros character than Wolf. Lets think about this. Star fox should get one more rep. This game is about adding a bunch of new characters(or so I thought), and 4 rosters is way to much for a franchise deader than Donkey Kong, so adding one more rep would be suitable. Well you gotta have Fox, and of course Falco. Now after decloning Falco you have got to be out of any moves for any average Starfox character. However there is Krystal who is from a dinosaur planet and uses a staff and magic. That character is completely unique. We have yet to see a staff character in Smash Bros and would sure as hell be a lot better than trying to think of a moveset for wolf, who is almost as uncreative as Krystal is.
WTF!! Wolf, uncreative. People really need to get off of his nuts. Wolf is the coolest Star Fox character and a villian which makes him perfect for Smash bros. If you people keep complaining about krystal take out falco, he's uncreative. With L canceling gone the falco we once knew is gone.
How can you declone falco and keep his same playstyle? His too similiar to fox so just take him out. Shl is gone so falco would not be top tier again.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
WTF!! Wolf, uncreative. People really need to get off of his nuts. Wolf is the coolest Star Fox character and a villian which makes him perfect for Smash bros. If you people keep complaining about krystal take out falco, he's uncreative. With L canceling gone the falco we once knew is gone.
How can you declone falco and keep his same playstyle? His too similiar to fox so just take him out. Shl is gone so falco would not be top tier again.
You know, him being 'cool' and a 'villain' and 'perfect for Smash' doesn't make him creative. However, I do support Wolf! But seriously, I'd take Krystal over him any day.

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...

Jenna would be the best far-out there character ever. But, Isaac, Alex, and Felix come before her. You never know though...

Krystal and Micaiah is about it though. Btw, why does everyone who wants Krystal in is labelled a furry?

Wob-Wob

Smash Journeyman
This isn't Smash bros Melee 2, this i brawl, get used to it.
Wolf doesn't have any atributes that would diver him from Fox (no big ones atleast).
Krystal does, she got her staff.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
With the predicted roster, the game has 31 males to only 4 females (if you even count the ICs).

That's a pretty piss-poor ratio right there.

Also, there was a rumor that voice-of-Snake David Hayter asked Sakurai to add Alex Roivas to the roster, but that's just a rumor and I doubt he'd even listen.

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
You know, him being 'cool' and a 'villain' and 'perfect for Smash' doesn't make him creative. However, I do support Wolf! But seriously, I'd take Krystal over him any day.
I did not say that makes him creative, the developers do that. He has the villiain aspect that make him perfect for SE. I just tired of people hating on Wolf.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Krystal and Micaiah is about it though. Btw, why does everyone who wants Krystal in is labelled a furry?

A furry is internet slang for having interest or love-interest in an anamorphic in a cartoon or game. The WHOLE SF series gives birth to furries.

And those constantly calling Krystal 'hawt' screams it, considering how she is designed.

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
This isn't Smash bros Melee 2, this i brawl, get used to it.
Wolf doesn't have any atributes that would diver him from Fox (no big ones atleast).
Krystal does, she got her staff.
Thats why I said take out Falco. Him and Fox are pratically the same in play style. It's still up to Sakurai I'm just tired of people bashing Wolf over a (maybe)fake roster.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As i believe in equalistic opportunity, here are the female characters that I am interested in seeing in Brawl as PCs:

Krystal(from Star Fox Adventures, Assault and Command)
Lip(from Puzzle De Pon)
Micaiah(from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Captain Syrup(from Wario Land 1 & 2)
Marina Liteyears(from Mischief Makers)

That is all.

Top Bottom