• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Yeah apparently smashboards censors URL's as well, which is dumb, because sometimes a URL might have a swear in it but the content it links to may be clean and if the URL is used for a picture nobody will see the swear. Ah well. THE EFFECT HAS BEEN TAINTED

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Anyways, I just wanted to rush that out before PMs would be sent, so it would be a properly sincere statement of my habits with no ulterior motive. Now that I have done so, we shall move onto another topic.

I say we talk about Batman.

Who's stoked for TDKR? Why is it so ****ing farrrr awaaaaaaay

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have a feeling John will not like playing with EE. That's on the short side of posts to expect from himXD

How the F did I get double ninja'd by the same person O.o

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, I didn't doooooo anything! Well, except tie him up and place some things around him which will be quite painful if you don't find him in time

Tandora

Smash Rookie
If anyone still wants to join Lost, I have a few slots available - regular or replacement.

Will start with 15 if necessary, so please keep confirming guys.

Korean BBQ

Smash Rookie
Mantoast, I'm pretty sure it's because you've still been a presence, whereas Kevmo and marshy have been utterly absent. It's the same reason people don't miss me when I retreat to the cave [I assume?]; I'm still here with a vengeance.

Anyways, before role PMs go out in Lost Mafia, I wanted to touch on my meta a bit with some helpful points. Because people are stupid, and like to read into stupid **** when it comes to me for reasons I will never understand. If everything in this post is old news to you, congratulations. Not sarcasm.

1. I always have spastic activity because I lead a busy life with a lot of higher priorities. Sometimes I will be very active, sometimes absent. Generally I strike a good balance to be there when it counts -- ie: a no lynch will never happen because I'm sitting on my hands. Don't read anything into it. It always happens. Seriously. In every. Game.

2. Apparently the latest dumb textbook thing people cling to is the concept of "follow-up". Well, too bad. When I ask people questions, it's because I deem that they are something I want to know, because I want to get more on the written record from them to come back to, as I tend to reread games I'm in as often as possible. Doesn't mean I have anything in particular in mind yet, nor am I going to press people about their answers unless, y'know, they are scummy answers. This one should be common sense; apparently it isn't.

3. I am always wary of quick lynches, even if it's somebody I've been touting for ingame Days on end as obvious scum. I like to make sure we're all organized before we go into Night time so we don't end up with a fiasco like Gheb's abrupt hammering of Gandhi in Pulp Fiction, which was a big part of why town was so willing to lynch him. (Not that I'm saying Gheb was in the wrong there, I know he likes people to be instadead when they're a strong scumread, I'm just explaining my views on hammering and lynch cycle).

4. I really hope Gheb is the only person that's gonna be a jerkhat about this, but I could be wrong. Sometimes I post a lot of wallposts. It's because it is how I think, clarify my thoughts, and convince people of things or otherwise get them to consider my perspective. It is not antitown. I know how to write, I exercise plenty of economy in writing them. It's just the type of play that has been optimal for me over the years and I'm not going to change it.

5. Unlike Soup I was actually good at quickediting, so combining that with my minor OCD about typos in my mafia posts (my many wallposts with weird typos every few paragraphs make me a sad panda), I would quickedit literally all the damn time. The removal of QE's was brought in after my last game in DGames, so I might look a bit different from oodles of multiposting. Hard to say; experiment time! For Science! Science be praised!

I think that covers everything.
You got your meta wrong, look how short this post is.

In all seriousness, I often lament the truth of your part 2.

/Nabe

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Since I haven't been here in a while, I'm going to steal EE's idea prior to role pms in Lost, in a much more succinct way. My activity means nothing, sometimes I make big posts, sometimes small ones, sometimes I'll refuse to elaborate on reads because I don't know how to elaborate on them, sometimes I'll refuse reads in general. This is all the same town or scum. Also, I hate the idea of textbook scumtells/universal scumtells. Don't expect me to follow if you don't have better reasons.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I think when people say 'guys i'm mafia' its usually a pretty big scum tell

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It's not universal though.

What if it's a gambit in some shape or form.

Only universal one is where the mod confirms that everything he says is 100% accurate and that X player is scum.

Top Bottom