• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
It's essentially the same thing as it was before, but touché.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I remember what Gorf said. I just don't remember my response.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
The following images are from a practice book I found in the library. This book was paid for by my local library. Names below should be: budesonide, Keflex, and olmesartan medoxomil. Take note in the last example how it's spelled correctly on the bottom one and spelled inappropriately in the version up top.

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Oh look stuff normal people would never be able to understand!
Having a very basic understanding of medicine is going to be super important.
Personally, my grandfather's doctor prescribed him Exforge HCT which is just a formulation of three generic medications: amlodipine, valsartan, and hydrochlorothiazide. However, the doctor wrote him down for the brand medication which wasn't covered by medicaid or medicare and he was paying $210 a month out of pocket. No one bothered to tell my gramps that he could have just gotten each medication individually since they were all covered by his prescription insurance as three separate pills for a total of $15 a month. Considering that this is a maintenance medication that he had been taking for a year and a half, he paid $3,510 more than he needed in order to receive the same therapeutic treatment. That money is probably potatoes to his total retirement money, but I think it is going to matter even more with insurance companies becoming more ruthless in how much they will cover and how little they cover in terms of how many medications are currently on market that the elderly need.

When people don't understand they are taking, there is a very real threat to their own health when a potential mistake is made by their healthcare provider and no one would be the wiser if they simply take any pill. And not just take any pill, but pay any amount they are asked to pay and expect that everything was properly sorted with their insurance. There is no reason why people should be paying $20 for a single pill. Some people do pay, however it is often a case that they didn't have to pay and the charge is high because of a billing mistake or they didn't ask for a coupon.

The healthcare industry in this country is growing larger and hence less conscientious of putting effort into the quality of the service it pumps out. Instead, it has become simply getting people in and out as fast as possible. Given how fast patients rotate in and out of the Emergency Room, nurses spend two minutes to change the sheets and douse the room with alcohol making it no surprise that MRSA has become a prolific and a pervasive problem in hospitals (note that this was back in 2007 when I volunteered for a medium sized ER facility that was highly rated. I don't want to even think of an ER now and with a higher influx of patients). Now if you get a MRSA infection and don't point out how it's uncommon, the hospital will make you pay for the vancomycin to treat the MRSA adding even more to an already ridiculous bill. There's no reason why you should pay for a hospital with a motto of treating their patients like a monetary conveyor belt. However, if you don't know then they'll get away with it. If you don't threaten to sue or get an attorney, they will get away with it because the hospital must break every patient's piggy bank in order to support its own catastrophic size that has grown vastly too large for appropriate healthcare to be given to every patient that gets admitted.

Ethics is dead in healthcare. But just because it doesn't exist, it doesn't mean anyone should have to be a victim to receiving poor and callous treatment when they are already suffering. People don't have a lot of options when it comes to controlling their treatment, however they have enough options in order to protect themselves so they aren't totally screwed by the system.

Last edited:

Ashemu

Smash Ace
yeah theres a button on image search, its the koolest thing ever. if u have chrome you can just right click on the picture and there's an option too, wouldn't be surprised if other browsers had plugins that did the same thing

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Suddenly everyone who didn't already realize it now understands that they can reverse image search their favorite naughty pics/gifs to find more.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
HOENN ACTUALLY CONFIRMED

oh right i came here for another reason

@ #HBC | marshy #HBC | marshy

opinions on Yung Lean?

I hate him and I hate everything about the people who cling to the whole ideal of #sadboys. The only actual definition I can come up with to describe his music is unfiltered Ironic/Meme Rap. His lyrics are played off as jokes and the whole #sadboys thing going around is just asking for a couple of people to cling to and post everywhere on the internet then snicker when people don't get the in-joke.

It honestly frustrates me, because in a sense, people are all about the image instead of the music itself, and admittingly, it's not all that bad, and the production on Kyoto/Gatorade is just absolutely stellar. I have to think that Yung Lean or even Lil B aren't completely serious, but the problem for me is when people try and play it off as they are being serious.

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

xoxo dont tell me you're actually into this in a ironic fashion

i like it but i dont have to be ironic about it, the production is great

why can't everybody else do that? why do we have to be ironic about something? why not just admit we like it and be done with it?

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
xoxo dont tell me you're actually into this in a ironic fashion i like it but i dont have to be ironic about it, the production is great why can't everybody else do that? why do we have to be ironic about something? why not just admit we like it and be done with it?
Speaking generally. Admitting that you like something makes you vulnerable to criticism and mockery. Irony can use be used for a number of reasons i.e. it can be used for the writer to leave their intent ambiguous. They might do this in case they aren't sure of how they feel about the message or perhaps have a fear of how it will be received. Maybe there is something that the writer doesn't feel comfortable admitting.

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer

I hate him and I hate everything about the people who cling to the whole ideal of #sadboys. The only actual definition I can come up with to describe his music is unfiltered Ironic/Meme Rap. His lyrics are played off as jokes and the whole #sadboys thing going around is just asking for a couple of people to cling to and post everywhere on the internet then snicker when people don't get the in-joke.

It honestly frustrates me, because in a sense, people are all about the image instead of the music itself, and admittingly, it's not all that bad, and the production on Kyoto/Gatorade is just absolutely stellar. I have to think that Yung Lean or even Lil B aren't completely serious, but the problem for me is when people try and play it off as they are being serious.
this **** is dope as **** dude

i dont know what the **** sadboys is and i dont give a ****. clingin onto labels and usin em as an excuse to hate on ****** is pretty whack tho. thats the same **** that people throw at ALL SORTS of music to **** on em without legitimately analyzing the quality of the music itself. why do you even care about giving his music a definition? the dude is 3 dimensional and i dunno why this sadboys meme in particular is bothering you when theres a ocean worth of dumb **** polluting the internet masked as memes for the sake of lameass ****** bein able to snicker and act like theyre part of something

"i dont like x cuz hes y subgenre"

when a lot of those xs are written off as y ONLY because thats the music that theyre known for. i dont claim to know **** about yung lean but im sure if he actually sat down and tried to write a legitimate verse and perfect it hed be capable of doin it. he prolly (this is just a guess but its what other ****** do and it works) does **** like this cuz

1 hes sauced and/or toastin walrus when hes in the studio so he just does silly **** and rolls with it due to giving no ****s

2 he knows it works. this is a great beat and he raps and mumbles about a ***** sippin gatorade and the mental effects of walruses and look what he gets? 100000 views

or maybe both

i dont blame the dude at all. i could make a song about the deepest and most meaningful **** with my takes perfected and every decibel completely in harmony but get 1000 views on youtube so if i want attention i MIGHT just go head and do some dumbass **** cuz thats what gets peoples attention now. does that mean im a ****** who doesnt know **** about music and is too inept to make a listenable track? **** no it just means i know how to market myself and i can still put out serious **** simultaneously. you cant just say "x is serious or not serious" cuz its possible that its dependent on the song. have you ever listened to the white album? theres a song on there called revolution 9 thats ****ty as **** and borderline not listenable but john lennon put it on there cuz he was experimenting with music. and no surprise people still talk about that track and no one writes off the beatles as talentless jackasses cuz they know that track isnt a reflection of their full songwriting skills. if ****** are too shallow/dumb to go through my music and instead write me off as "herp thats the guy who wrote that one song with the mindless hook" then **** em im still winnin by getting attention and that doesnt prohibit me from puttin out real ****

#HBC | ѕoup

i like your viewpoint marshy and i think the beat genuinely bangs too, but it still annoys me to an extent regardless of anything, guess that's something im gonna have to deal with as you said but yeah i've had gatorade on repeat like all day

especially like the subtle piano part, there's actually quite a lot of texture and effort put into the music, so im definitely not hating him on that, i just get the feeling that it's dumbed down intentionally but again i get where you're coming from

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
tryna get used to the new smashboards... there's no classic blue anymore so which style is the best one?

i dont blame the dude at all. i could make a song about the deepest and most meaningful **** with my takes perfected and every decibel completely in harmony but get 1000 views on youtube
hah this some real **** right here

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think just classic... Otheriwse I don't know. ;=;

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I like the purple one and that's Sugilite. There are so many skins for non-premium it makes me wonder which ones differ for those who have premium.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I actually just went through them for the first time really. I like the look of Sugilite the most as well.

In my opinion,

S
exy Tier: Sugilite, Onyx, Project M
Awesome Tier: Cobalt, Garnet, Malachite, Amethyst
Beloved Tier: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald
Common Tier: Dark
Definitely can't see Tier: Tourmaline
F'n ugly Tier: Topaz, Smashboards

I personally like Sugilite, Onyx, and Malachite.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
[collapse=MTG aka gibberish]
1st time local FNM drafting Theros Block. Went 1-1-1 with a big dumb white-green deck, got stomped in the 2nd round by a green-red aggro deck that went on to win it, otherwise did ok. Drafting is pretty hard, lol, that or i'm just not getting passed enough playables XD. MVP Nessian Asp, LVP Leonin Iconoclast, Prettiest: Oakheart Dryads.
[/collapse]

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's all the same to me with different color buttons/text.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the best.
I am happy for you... and also surprised people care this much XD

Dude the song sounds pretty good. If you don't like the whole package it comes in, then that's fair enough. But liking something doesn't mean you have to sign yourself up to a bunch of other baggage. Sometimes I wish they wrote death metal songs that aren't about butchering people, but what're you gonna do. Just don't read the comments XD

have you ever listened to the white album? theres a song on there called revolution 9 thats ****ty as **** and borderline not listenable but john lennon put it on there cuz he was experimenting with music. and no surprise people still talk about that track and no one writes off the beatles as talentless *******es cuz they know that track isnt a reflection of their full songwriting skills.
marshy is my hero

It's all the same to me with different color buttons/text.
+1

Top Bottom