• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW - January 6th 2007 - Chrismahannukwanzikah 3 - The Holiday ***** is Back!

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com

Next DFW tournament will be at my place in Crowley on Saturday, 1/6/07. That's in a week. Sorry people who work =\ PM or IM me for the address. Get here at 2 pm <3 <3

RULES

4 stock

8 minute time limit

2/3 sets, 3/5 for finals (winners/losers/grand).

No items

In the event of a tie: sudden death is played out, then the winner of that chooses the stage for the final extra 1 stock 2 minute match

First stage random or agreed upon

Dave's Stupid Rule: no stage you previously won on can be repicked unless it's allowed by the other player(s)

Double blind character picks if necessary for first match (i.e. upon request)

IC's infinites are banned.

Stage striking: each player can strike one stage for the set and also reset a single random stage

Advanced slob picks: loser picks stage, then winner picks character, then loser picks character

Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned. You know what we mean when we say this so don’t try and pull any ****.

Bomb Custom Rule (BCR): If something is mutually agreed upon, you may play it (outside of changing the best 2/3, items, and 4 stock). In other words, if you hate DSR, Stage Knockouts, Counter Picking (just wanna go Double Blind?), etc, declare before hand and you don't have to use it. Also, if you do agree to it, and your lose, you're screwed, don't come crying to us.

Teams rules: team attack on and life stealing allowed

Singles Random Stages: Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination

Singles Counterpick Stages: Randoms + Rainbow Cruise, Corneria, Brinstar, Mute City, Jungle Japes, DK64

Singles Banned Stages: Icicle Mountain, Kongo Jungle, Great Bay, Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Island 64, Venom, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Fourside, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom, Mushroom Kingdom 2, Onett, Princess Peach's Castle, Poke Floats, Green Greens

Doubles Random Stages: Yoshi's Story, Corneria, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, Final Destination, DK64

Doubles Counterpick Stages: Randoms + Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Brinstar, Mute City, Mushroom Kingdom 2, Battlefield

Doubles Banned Stages: Icicle Mountain, Kongo Jungle, Fountain of Dreams, Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Island 64, Green Greens, Venom, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Onett, Fourside, Big Blue, Poke Floats, Mushroom Kingdom, Great Bay, Princess Peach's Castle

Note - Fountain of Dreams may be played in teams if there is a wii, as long as there aren't multiple ice climbers etc.

Entry Fees:

Singles: $10
Teams: $20 ($10 per partner...theoretically)

Prizes:

1st - 60%
2nd - 40%
3rd - Gets their enty fee back.

Singles

1st - 60%
2nd - 40%
3rd - Double their entry fee

Pleas RSVP here or on gamefaqs so I know what to expect.

Bring wii's if possible. I don't want any johns from people proclaiming that Mute City drops frames or anything. Comments, suggestions? Entry fee increase? Prize split?

Singles Results:

1 DrDrew
2 Changsta
3 DoH
4 Bluezaft
5 SBW
5 Sandtrap
7 KKK
7 UTD Zac
9 Marcus
9 Illuders
9 Fmatt
9 Andrew
13 Bye
13 Swift
13 Bye
13 Mao

<3

DoH

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
You're not the only one who can do it. Just the only one who's dirty enough to do it ;)

swift

Smash Journeyman
If a lot of people show up will the prize money go up, or will it be the same prize money that is set?

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
The prize money should be percents.

i.e. 1st place gets 60% of the pot and 2nd gets 40%, after 3rd place's entry fee is taken out.

And yeah Chang and I should be there, maybe we can even scrounge up some Dkrew to come along.

Also that Peach picture is creepy as ****.

DarkMagus

Smash Apprentice
i would be out of town for the tourny that would have been my opportunity to get ***** by doh and drew

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Kicking people out of the Dkrew is Josh's job. He doesn't do it much anymore, there's nobody left to kick out.

felix45

Smash Lord
like I posted in the other thread I wont be able to get there till 4ish, but I'll be able to make it. so yeahhhh.

oh and DoH you still have my controler that i left there this summer, I'll be needing that back.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I guess since no one else wants to be my partner...

Felix, I thought I gave that back to you at MLG Dallas?

felix45

Smash Lord
well you did give me back my controler then, but MLG dallas was before summer (it was over spring break, MLG dallas, I had left it over there during your last xmas tourney dealio) and I left it over there when I came over to smash w/ SBW I think and this one guy that played mario. I remember because there was no AC....so hot!

but yeah I left it over there that time...again. lol

so yah I'll be needing it back.

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Boris keeps on DIEING. Geez, and I didn't even shoot him half the time. But yeah it's me Andrew. I forgot you lived around here. You gonna come to this?

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Look at me I have a new signature that forkgirl made and I'm testing it out and I'm going to this even though it's expensive and I ran out of money a week ago.

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
.... you know I hate you Austin....

I also agree that tournaments are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too expensive. Especially since it's usually just the same people playing each other over and over again. Do we really need to give all our money to Drew and Chang?

Top Bottom