• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Devil's Advocate Contest: GET IN TOUCH WITH YOUR OPPONENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sieguest

Smash Master
*Is not dead*
Sorry Dre. I probably won't be able to start our debate until Winter Break begins. x.x In about a week and a half.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Not dead!

I've been lenient about locking threads because it looked like most of them didn't really get a proper back and forth. I'll start locking tomorrow for those where both sides appear to have gotten punches in.

For those who haven't started, try to do so ASAP.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I apologize, but I'm going to have to drop out. If you are unable to find a replacement, then I will consider coming back. However there are pressing issues that I have to address. I am really sorry about this puu. Really really sorry.

D

Deleted member

It's funny that you should say this, I was about to say the exact same thing. Lots of personal things have come up that I have to deal with and I too am not able to participate anymore.

Hope things are happy on your end Acrostic.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Well, I suppose we've learned some important lessons for the next contest that will be held.

Regardless, judging will continue as normal for this contest.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
>.> I dunno, goldie... I... tired judging and kinda had to stop as it was akin to stabbing myself in the brain with a q-tip. Maybe we should unlock the locked threads so that people can shore up their arguments and make something more of them so that I can have more to go on? One topic had no replies, another had 1 reply, I dunno... or I guess we could just learn from experience and try again some other time, lol.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Yeah, there's no point judging a contest that most people abandoned. I'd be willing to finish out my debate if the threads were unlocked.

I feel really bad about bailing on this, by the way. Activity is something I talk about so much and I feel like a hypocrite now.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
that's the spirit! I was actually really looking forward to your debate w/Dre. I think you had your work cut out for you.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Your argument was shaping up to be pretty solid, if he does have a chance to kick back in I will be very interested to see how he holds up against it.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Judging by the nature of his first post he didn't seem to be taking it very seriously though. It was almost as if he was trying to showcase how stupid thiesm is rather than provide the best argument possible for it.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I'm sorry you feel that way, but that's not what I was trying to do, nor am I going to be provoked into getting into a silly argument like this.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I wasn't being provocative, the post just looked like it wasn't serious. I apologise for the misunderstanding.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
>.> I dunno, goldie... I... tired judging and kinda had to stop as it was akin to stabbing myself in the brain with a q-tip. Maybe we should unlock the locked threads so that people can shore up their arguments and make something more of them so that I can have more to go on? One topic had no replies, another had 1 reply, I dunno... or I guess we could just learn from experience and try again some other time, lol.
I suppose we could unlock the threads, although you're right, it might be better to use this as a learning experience. Or we could do both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom