• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Devil's Advocate Contest: GET IN TOUCH WITH YOUR OPPONENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Looks like the other marijuana thread is up! I promise not to look. ;)

Anyways, if Pierre doesn't contact me back within a week or so, I may have to switch topics. Problem is, I agree with adumbbrodeus on the Arizona Immigration law and with Bob Jane on the obesity topic. :(
If you want, I'm happy to do a God debate with you (obviously you would be the theist and I would be the atheist), as well as my debate with Guest. I can manage to do both, I just won't post in other threads.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
If you want, I'm happy to do a God debate with you (obviously you would be the theist and I would be the atheist), as well as my debate with Guest. I can manage to do both, I just won't post in other threads.
Sure, thanks for the offer. I'll give Pierre a few days, and I'll probably ask around with the newer debaters like GS suggested, but I'm definitely up for it if that's what it comes down to. :)

Bob Jane T-Mart

Smash Ace
Okay, I'm the guy arguing against the government doing anything on obesity. And actually at the moment, I'm rather busy. RL matters. So, maybe, wait a week.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Just as a reminder, anybody can make a thread at any time. The three week timing won't start until you actually begin the debate.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I'm just going to assume at this point that Pierre will never respond. Dre, I'll take you up on that God debate if you want to. Could you be a bit more specific about what exactly you want to debate though? :)

D

Deleted member

Hi Acrostic, I'd prefer to start over the Christmas break, lots of midterms and exams still to go.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'm just going to assume at this point that Pierre will never respond. Dre, I'll take you up on that God debate if you want to. Could you be a bit more specific about what exactly you want to debate though? :)
Whether God exists?

If you have something more specific, then we can do that.

Because you're an atheist, I won't attack theology or religion of any sort, which is any easy way out for atheists.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I wanted to be in this, but it looks like the only topic open is arguing for the Arizona Immigration Law. I really do not support this law in any way...but I think I will take a chance just to learn more about the subject. Lets see how convincing I can be :3

Sign me up.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Whether God exists?

If you have something more specific, then we can do that.

Because you're an atheist, I won't attack theology or religion of any sort, which is any easy way out for atheists.
Sounds good to me. Yeah, I'll try not to use any stereotypical theist arguments either.

Bob Jane T-Mart

Smash Ace
Oi Dark Horse, would you mind posting? I'd like to get this under way, I've already replied to your post, and I'd like to see your response.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Sorry, the thread had magically removed itself from my subscriptions list. I'll get to it after school.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Yeah do it. I'm curious to see your arguments. Just be aware that as soon as you use religion in an argument, that religion becomes subject to my criticism.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I wanted to be in this, but it looks like the only topic open is arguing for the Arizona Immigration Law. I really do not support this law in any way...but I think I will take a chance just to learn more about the subject. Lets see how convincing I can be :3

Sign me up.
Sure, I'll try and fit you in when I have time later today.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I'm assuming that new contest related threads should be placed in the newly opened subsection. I've also wondered whether we could turn this into a tournament, if everyone is open to the suggestion (i.e. winner of a 1 vs. 1 debate goes up against the winner of another 1 vs. 1 debate).

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Sorry I've been absent lately. I've been busy the past few weeks. As I'm sure you've seen, the DWYP sub-forum has been made visible again, and all new threads should be created there. I've moved all the threads that were already made. I've also updated the matchups in the OP to link to their respective threads.

Sign me up.
I took a look again, and the only open position (vs adumbrodeus) would be arguing against the immigration law. Let me know if you still want to participate.

I'm assuming that new contest related threads should be placed in the newly opened subsection. I've also wondered whether we could turn this into a tournament, if everyone is open to the suggestion (i.e. winner of a 1 vs. 1 debate goes up against the winner of another 1 vs. 1 debate).
Possibly. At the same time, this contest has stretched on for a very long time as it is, so it may be in everybody's best interests to just have a one-time judging, though we can certainly consider this. Either way, having a tournament-style contest is definitely something we will do in the future.

Can we make the, "Debate With Your Power" subsection to be open to public view?
Will do, I'll ask an admin to take care of this.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Will there be some sort of indicator for the threads that the debate timeframe has expired? I don't want to read the threads until they're finished, and with finals/holidays/alcoholism impending, I don't really want to keep track of each thread. Maybe something with color coding perhaps?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Are you asking for the implementation of a new script because you're unable to calculate a month from the start date of a new thread? Even though I'm sure that moderators can simply close the thread when the month is up, it is perplexing to grasp how you are willing to read through the pages of paragraphs present in the contest, but desire an application to tell you when a month has expired from the beginning of each posting date.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
lol

anyway, yeah... GS will be locking each thread after the time limit has expired, so for judging purposes, just check back every now and then to look for locked threads?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
More like your partners died. Pu do you mind if we start this after Christmas? My last final is the 22nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom