• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Desyncs are possible

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Unfortunately I do not have video footage of this. I was a dummy and forgot to save the replay.

Earlier tonight while playing I somehow managed to get Rosalina and Luma to desync more than something like an autocanceled nair. When I grabbed my friend and started pummeling, I realized that Luma was doing a jab at the same time, similar to a wobble.

As to how this started I have no clue because as mentioned I forgot to save the replay to reference and my exact memory on what all occurred at that time is hazy. I think I remember either trying to do an aerial to get out of something or my friend possibly hit Luma shortly before I grabbed him. It's also possible I was only pressing grab/pummel while pummeling and not the A button as well.

Has anyone else seen this happen before?

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
Idk bout that, but 9B just posted this to his twitter. So now that HE'S playing Rosie&Luma... I think we're in to see some really cool stuff. And I for one am hype as hell for it.

-Jax

Smash Apprentice
Maybe it happens after boostgrabbing? (Dash attack, quickly canceled into a grab) When doing this Luma attacks while Rosalina grabs, so maybe the game doen't change Luma to a 'grabbing' state, allowing you attack with Luma during the grab?

That's the only cause I can think of.

Edit: Nope, that's not it, I'll see if hitting Luma right when getting grabbed will do the trick. I have a friend coming over in about half an hour so I'll give it a few tries then.

Wouldn't any damage taken by the opponent cancel the grab though?

Last edited:

otter

Smash Ace
Idk bout that, but 9B just posted this to his twitter. So now that HE'S playing Rosie&Luma... I think we're in to see some really cool stuff. And I for one am hype as hell for it.
how did he get luma to turn around after the first two jabs?

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Thanks for posting my new favorite smash 4 tech right about the same time like when the ICs infinites were discovered in brawl, a few weeks from launch :D

[Corn]

Smash Ace
Lumas Recovery on jab seems much shorter then Rosa's, you can easily turn while jab cancelling if Rosalinas is whiffing.

Quick question, has anyone tried breaking free of this at low percents? Seems very hard to if you get caught slightly above the ground, and if you caught on the edge, you kinda have to DI towards the stage and youll slip out.

響「Hibiki」

Smash Cadet
It's important to note that he says that so far it only works on Sheik. He suspects a few other characters that it would work on too (Falcon/Ganon), but it's a ***** to test so he hasn't for now.

Top Bottom