• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Desynching Compilation (please help)

Binx

Smash Master
Okay, I want to list every desynch and how to perform them but I need your help because I haven't had the internet for a while and have not been keeping up on any new discoveries. With consistent desynching we will be able to pressure any character with ice blocks, blizzards, tilts, smashes, aerials, maybe even jabs with enough practice to land 0-death grabs in a variety of situations.

Let's start with the few that I know

Obviously we have grab on connect - Self explanatory
To be completely honest the entire reason I want to learn to desynch other ways at all is to get to this one XD

Pivot Desynch - pivot a smash or ice block
the best method I have found so far, but unfortunately it's also the hardest to do

And Rolling while Holding Z - Self explanatory
note that this is incredibly slow, even for brawl, any character with a projectile that stuns can also mess this up rather easily with the added disadvantage of giving up ground

3-2-1 GO desynch - Hold an attack when countdown is near finishing
Thanks Chok - Possible uses for this are immediate pressure with an iceblock into potential continuous desynchs or whatever, I can't think of a reason not to start off desynched =)

Forward B Desynch - Use an over B, or become sean and do any desynch
This seems unsafe to me, but I am relatively inexperienced in brawl so if I am wrong please correct me - thanks blueterrorist

landing lag desynch
this works using the same idea as the pivot desynch. Simply land during an aerial, then during the landing lag, buffer a dash in the way opposite to the way you are facing, and also buffer an ice block (hit B). This should cause only popo to shoot an ice block, nana will just slide forward (not much) in the direction popo shoots the ice block. - Thanks Chewy

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Immediate B on start of game, I call it "Start Game Desynch"

Up-B in place (risky, only use when opponent is off-stage) on ground in place, of course.... land > spam move > Nana starts, then Popo. I call this "Tether Desynch"

Also, if I SHFF nair I sometimes desynch, not sure about the timing or why/how but I've been able to pull off some crazy desynched combos with SH > fair (nana) and ground-based Popo.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha i call it 3-2-1 GO desynch

IMO the 3-2-1 go desynch, z-roll desynch, pivot smash, and grabs are the most useful. everythine else should just happen naturally (nana coming back and being unsynched, for example... just take advantage and desynch from there)

chewyy

Smash Ace
My favorites are the pivot ice block and the landing lag thing.

pivot ice block
dash in one direction (left or right) then quickly dash in the other direction, then immediately (or close to) hit b. This should cause only popo to shoot an ice block, nana will just slide forward (not much) in the direction popo shoots the ice block.

landing lag thing
this works using the same idea as the pivot desynch. Simply land during an ariel, then during the landing lag, buffer a dash in the way opposite to the way you are facing, and also buffer an ice block (hit B). This should cause only popo to shoot an ice block, nana will just slide forward (not much) in the direction popo shoots the ice block.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Don't forget the Side B desynch. Input your commands after the Side B.

Also I believe you can desynch if you hit the opponent with an aerial.

Binx

Smash Master
Thanks Smaki, when I have more time I'll go through them and ad them, mine should be a little cleaner than that along with commentary on how they should be useful otherwise I'd just use that thread sense it has plenty of info otherwise, I looked and couldn't find something like that.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Pivot Smash-Dash Attack: Start dashing, and then do a pivot then use your f-smash: Popo will f-smash and Nana will use her dash attack, and you will desynch. I don't know how to name it good though. :(

And what about dashdancing so you can desynch? O.o

Shield to a grab, Nana will do a pivot grab and Popo will slide to the other side.

The "3..2...1 GO!" doesn't work on Wi-Fi FYI.

smaci92

Smash Lord
Thanks Smaki, when I have more time I'll go through them and ad them, mine should be a little cleaner than that along with commentary on how they should be useful otherwise I'd just use that thread sense it has plenty of info otherwise, I looked and couldn't find something like that.
your welcome. I'm looking forward to seeing the final outcome of this thread/guide to desycing... Good luck and thanks for undertaking this resposibility ;)

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
nana and popo can roll in different directions and then they´re desynced. its done by inputing a backroll and then do a half circle in the other direction. popo will roll backwards and nana will roll forwards facing backwards

is this z roll or an other kind of desynching? sry but i dont know

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I could have easily updated the old thread, but nobody ever posted or pointed me to parts that were hard to understand.

Top Bottom