• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Depreciated 1.04] DACUS thread - A list of all of the notable DACUS's in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

KlefkiHolder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Companion_Cube17
3DS FC
3024-5019-8681
I've heard that you can use the grab button (L by default) instead of attack (A by default) to do the USmash if you have proper timing, since L registers as R+A. tap Side > A > tap Up + L
Definitely I've managed to accidentally do a stutter-step FSmash instead of a Dash Attack Cancel Grab by hitting L too early. That said, I've never actually tested the above method myself.
I messed around a little in training and got nothing. I don't know if the timing is different than the standard method, but so far I'm getting nothing, even when going faster than some successful attempts with the standard method on x.25 speed

Edit: never mind, just got it on x.25 speed. Yeah I didn't see your thing about pressing l too early. I think I need to test this with Sheik as her Dacus window is incredibly short, maybe even 2 frames if it carries over from Brawl

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
I messed around a little in training and got nothing. I don't know if the timing is different than the standard method, but so far I'm getting nothing, even when going faster than some successful attempts with the standard method on x.25 speed
Hm... I dunno then. Someone reported that it was possible. Maybe that only applied to USmash out of shield? (Because jump startup wouldn't cancel into grab or shield so the Attack input would be read without the Shield input and you'd get a Smash Attack.)

Edit: Nevermind then. Good on you for getting it down!

Last edited:

KlefkiHolder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Companion_Cube17
3DS FC
3024-5019-8681
Hm... I dunno then. Someone reported that it was possible. Maybe that only applied to USmash out of shield? (Because jump startup wouldn't cancel into grab or shield so the Attack input would be read without the Shield input and you'd get a Smash Attack.)

Edit: Nevermind then. Good on you for getting it down!
Yeah its odd because you need to wait a little bit to do it. Though I don't see the advantage to using A to do it as you still need to move the circle pad which is the most time consuming part of it all. The C Stick still is vital imo to Dacusing.

Ninty, give us the New 3DS already... Ugh...

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Yeah its odd because you need to wait a little bit to do it. Though I don't see the advantage to using A to do it as you still need to move the circle pad which is the most time consuming part of it all. The C Stick still is vital imo to Dacusing.

Ninty, give us the New 3DS already... Ugh...
The "advantage" would be that it might be a little easier just because you don't have to double-tap A super fast since you can use L for the USmash. C-Stick would definitely be easier to work with by far, though.

KlefkiHolder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Companion_Cube17
3DS FC
3024-5019-8681
The "advantage" would be that it might be a little easier just because you don't have to double-tap A super fast since you can use L for the USmash. C-Stick would definitely be easier to work with by far, though.
Yeah I can see that.

Though I use the Y button for grab so... haha. Sucks though because whenever I try to play Melee or PM now I need to play a bunch of warmups because I press nothing on my GCC where the Y is on the 3DS lol

The_SuperiorTaste

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSuperiorTaste
3DS FC
0834-2018-7252
I've done a dacus with Olimar. It goes a little bit farther than his JC Up smash and the pikmin shoots up slightly behind him.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I don't know if it's even a worthwhile time investment to find the sweet spot on Ganon for the 3ds, but I would love to have it in my arsenal until 20 days from now when all will be lost but strategies, frame awareness, and MU experience. I just want to start incorporating it into strategies and actual play, but I can wait if this goes terribly. I can pull a Dacus on the 3ds with a few fighters... and not well, just to test the waters for Ganon, but this big bad dude doesn't want to make anything easy for me >:D challenge accepted for now I guess.

Weep for my thumbs :c

D

Deleted member

Bleh, I'm not getting it at all, keep getting a stupid grab. anyone know who has the biggest range for a Dacus?

Also, since I was having a problem with it originally, I noticed that you can't USmash with the grab button if Tap jump isn't on, so it's possible that you can't Dacus if you have Tap jump off (?).

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
You can Dacus with it off, I can do it with Robin. I couldn't get it on the 3DS with Ganondorf, and even if I figure out the timing, it looks so strict that I'd rather not whiff something when I need it. so i'm just going to spend my time perfecting matchups without it, and it'll be a huge bonus on the Wii U :D

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
The timing for ganon and greninja seems impossibly fast.
Yeah T_T And the Japanese player (to me, clearly using a gamecube controller adapter, as is advertised by a lot of the videos showing them off) does it on that vine from standing position over and over, it's such a tease.

soon...

KlefkiHolder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Companion_Cube17
3DS FC
3024-5019-8681
Yeah T_T And the Japanese player (to me, clearly using a gamecube controller adapter, as is advertised by a lot of the videos showing them off) does it on that vine from standing position over and over, it's such a tease.

soon...
Its the New 3DS man.... Its out in Japan. I think Australia gets it this month too. Should be worldwide next year.

But yeah, Japan has a C Stick on their 3DS. Or at least they can have one.

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Some people have GC controller adapters as well, not to disagree with you. Both facts are true :D

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Has anyone tested this with Link? I feel as if he should still retain his DACUS from Brawl as have most characters..

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Has anyone tested this with Link? I feel as if he should still retain his DACUS from Brawl as have most characters..
One of the factors that contributes to a DACUS is the momentum a character is given from their dash attack. Link has a new dash attack and that could possibly mean that his DACUS no longer goes a notable distance further than his old one.

DK is the opposite, gaining a good DACUS because of his new dash attack.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Well ****, it looks like DACUS got removed in the latest patch. This thread is pretty much not relevent for anything anymore. If you want to lock/remove/whatever this, that would probably be for the best

KlefkiHolder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Companion_Cube17
3DS FC
3024-5019-8681
Goodbye sweet dreams.

Have fun DACUSing L-canceling in AT Heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom