• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demos in American Stores almost confirmed

Milos

Smash Lord
I was at Nintendo World yesterday, and I asked the store clerk if and when they were going to get demos for brawl in stores. He responded that at Nintendo World they would have them as early as 2 weeks before. They had gotten demos for other major releases as well, such as Mario Galaxy.

So, at least those of us living in the NYC area will have a chance to play brawl before its release.

5@/\/\U5

Smash Apprentice
O, I will play the s*$t out of it everyday after work and after the gym (work in midtown)

Milos

Smash Lord
lol no melee demos I used to go in there and crush everyone every day after school. fun stuff haha. well yeah I hope the demo comes asap, I want to play. btw my friend is importing so i'll be able to play anyway. it's just fun to play against nubz.

Destructioncalls

Smash Cadet
Yea its the same way over here in PA. They had the demo out 4 galaxy 2 weeks before it's official release. They did it wit double dash and melee as well. The gamecrazy by my house I believe is gonna have it.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
lol no melee demos I used to go in there and crush everyone every day after school. fun stuff haha. well yeah I hope the demo comes asap, I want to play. btw my friend is importing so i'll be able to play anyway. it's just fun to play against nubz.
Videos, motha sucka! Fo sho!

Well, good luck, dude. Have fun with your Brawl. We'll be planning our theft rooting for you.

5@/\/\U5

Smash Apprentice
Milos, would you happen to be a member of the former team pleezy (live in manhattan plaza)?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Yea its the same way over here in PA. They had the demo out 4 galaxy 2 weeks before it's official release. They did it wit double dash and melee as well. The gamecrazy by my house I believe is gonna have it.
Where in PA? I live in that state too. :O

Milos

Smash Lord
yeah well, I just hope that they come in soon. First Nintendo World most likely, and then it'll move into other stores as well. Toys 'R Us in Times Square will probably be next (affilates with NOA, official midnight launch for wii) and then into other Toys 'R Us, and EB Games in Cali (other official midnight launch site) and then gamestops and such nationwide. this expansion process will probably take a little over a week.

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
dat would be epic if its true but i really would like my own personal demo to have at home though. people that have reserved brawl at stores already should get demos.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I hope this is true.. cause then it means it will probably go to the toysrus in time square.. although the line to play will probably be ridiculous -.-

S2

Smash Lord
I just need to know what day stores are getting them, so I can stalk my local EB.

Well not really stalk. I'm friends with the manager, more like ask nicely. Then play for hours on end.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
The midwest better get a demo soon.

Or not, because I probably wouldn't even bother going to class or doing homework. Oh well. I still want it. I was kind of looking forward to playing a blind match with one of my friends on the real game and recording it just to see how much we sucked when we first got Brawl. If the demo comes out, there's no way I'll be able to stop myself from playing it.

Milos

Smash Lord
K, well I have a gamebridge and my friend is importing so subscribe to my youtube vids in my sig!! (shameless self promotion) But yeah we'll have extremely noob vids up really soon, as in, around Feb 8th or 9th. yeah so they'll be top quality and we'll show all the unlockables as well as SSE footage with 2 player. and also I'll bring a camera to Nintendo World and show some demo footage.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
i hate that everytime a major event or demo is released, its either in NY or LA. When's Louisiana gonna get some love? E4all? Nintendo "opened Brawl to the masses." WRONG. THey opened BrAWL TO SOCAL so they can have the jump on us and claimed everyone would have a chance to play.

i know im salty but i feel like i live in the middle of nowhere.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
SOCAL is called an early adopter. They get things first and their impressions of that particular thing basically determine if the product succeeds or fails. They tend to be risk-takers compared to the rest of the U.S. The rest of the market comes in after and adopts the product if California accepted it.

Marketing.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I've talked to the manager of a Gamestop near where I live, and he told me they haven't received any official word. There's a good chance that the information about the demos should be in the system, but they weren't when he checked. I don't think demos will be out probably until the beginning of next week.

Milos

Smash Lord
Hmm, yeah that's definitely true. However, it seems for the past year and a half now they've been concentrating mainly on New York. Wii launch was here, and was sold here before anywhere. Nintendo World had the wii WAY before anyone else did.

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
It would be nice if Europe got something too.
I mean we are being **** on, we don't have the release date! We don't have even demos! We have nothing!

This is just too ****ing unfair. And call me a brat if you want, but i'm pissed and jealous.

*sigh*, i should have already gotten used to this. We europeans get **** on the head everytime. This is how it goes...

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Awesome news. If I have any time off from school I need to go to the City. I live out on Long Island.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I just called my Gamestop and here was my response when I asked if they will be getting brawl demos or not.

"I haven't heard anything about it but I'm sure this will happen due to the delay. If we get these, we will give them out to those who pre ordered."

-Gamestop guy

I just called my Gamestop and here was my response when I asked if they will be getting brawl demos or not.

"I haven't heard anything about it but I'm sure this will happen due to the delay. If we get these, we will give them out to those who pre ordered."

-Gamestop guy
That is about the same response I received at mine also. I don't know if they're acting oblivious or not, but I'm sure they know if it's happening or not.
Most of the time retail workers are speaking out their butt though, so we may never really know. I'm trying to find a manager.

Top Bottom