• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Demo Discussion (No code giveaway etc.)

KhaosOverdrive

Smash Cadet
NNID
Khaotic077
3DS FC
4356-0406-3824
A sum of my experiences so far:

:4mario: Mario: My main in the demo. Great movement options, loving the changes to his utilt and his follow-up potential. I've landed some pretty nice combos with him, some ending in meteor smash kills. I have a Doc as secondary in Melee so this version of Mario feels very natural to me. Awesome character, fun as heck.
:4link: Link: Had a good time playing him. Some of his aerials feel a bit like Melee if I SHFF them especially nair and bair. The new dash attack has been helpful to punish recoveries that are close to the ledge, slow but has great knockback. Overall pretty good.
:4pikachu: Pikachu: Really fun if you're feeling creative. Up-B is not as clunky so you can act out of it faster, good option to chase opponents for follow-ups. Great utilt and aerials. Thunder can break you free of some bad situations like being comboed or getting grabbed if done right.
:4megaman: Mega Man: I don't quite understand this character yet, not having a nair confuses me at times but I'll probably get used to it eventually. His projectile game is kinda different from what I'm used to too. Has nice options to keep opponents airborne and rack some damage though, bair is nice as well.
:4villager: Villager: One of those characters that I'd have to think waaaay too out of the box to do something useful with it right now. It's the one I've played the least so there's still a chance I might learn to use it properly. He's tricky to edgeguard but kinda punishable if he chooses to land on stage.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
5~ hours. I already got used to the controls, so aside from turning off tap jump and switching L and R, I will not make any other changes.

Clicky

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1263-7992-8882
Roughly 9 hours. The vast majority of it has been spent with Mega Man. I wasn't ever to really settle down on a main in Brawl, but it's nice to know that I'll have Mega Man in Sm4sh. Though there are still other characters that I want to try out before committing myself to one. I really want Samus to feel as buffed as Link does.

Anyway, even after putting all that time into to the demo, I still want to keep playing. Obviously it works and I love it, but really it has me dying to wrap my hands around the lovely curves of a GC controller and destroy my friends on the big screen.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
About 8600 coins. I get a lot in during work. Stopping for two minutes at each bus stop is a great way to rack up matches, especially night shifts when I wait for 10 minutes at each stop.

supersmasher

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2212-8762
I've got 8 hours on the demo and 3,273 coins. Really hoping these coins carry over and I can use them for something.

By the way, I heard people are getting like 200 coins in a round? How are they doing that? I average about 45 per round.

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
I've got 8 hours on the demo and 3,273 coins. Really hoping these coins carry over and I can use them for something.

By the way, I heard people are getting like 200 coins in a round? How are they doing that? I average about 45 per round.
I believe you play with three friends to do so.

Ursaguy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7859-2409
I'm sure this is a huge minority, but I'm not getting the demo. I don't want to risk getting over saturated of Smash too early.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
oh wait, i thought you got the full game for $12 :p
IMO, we should all be Sakurai's slaves for a copy of Smash 4.
I'm sure this is a huge minority, but I'm not getting the demo. I don't want to risk getting over saturated of Smash too early.
Reasonable. Though I've been watching people play the full game for 3 days straight and when I got the demo I my hype levels haven't died down one bit. I guess it depends on the person.

Last edited:

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
So apparently Smash Balls and Dragoon pieces now appear together. Right before I used Mario Finale, a Dragoon piece appeared. I'll upload a pic.
EDIT:

Last edited:

Ursaguy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7859-2409
IMO, we should all be Sakurai's slaves for a copy of Smash 4.

Reasonable. Though I've been watching people play the full game for 3 days straight and when I got the demo I my hype levels haven't died down one bit. I guess it depends on the person.
7 hours till demo drop and I lied. Too excited.

marvel b

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2423-3428-7359
sorry to bump this topic,but something weird occasionally happens when i smash characters near off-screen in the upper right corner. they tend to use up B,then jump, then up B again(or another recovery tech).
i'm usually at the opposite side running towards them when this happens,so i can't hit them.does anyone know whats happening?

Xtianosity

Smash Rookie
NNID
Xtianosity
I don't know if this has been brought up before but does MegaMan seem like the weakest CPU to anyone else?

Top Bottom