• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delzethin's Oral History of Mario

We're-a so back!.jpg

It’s no secret that many fans of Mario believe the franchise had a “bland” era before getting weird again on the Switch. Earlier in July, Delzethin put out a video going over how the Super Mario brand seemingly lost its way and later corrected course.

The video is split into three chapters:
  • Ch. 1 goes over the history of Mario’s creation and the wackiness from the NES era to the GameCube era.
  • Ch. 2 details how the franchise started playing things safe and over-relied on the franchise’s most recognizable aspects.
  • Ch. 3 reflects on how the creativity came back in full force during the Switch era, despite a few missteps.
If you’d like, you can watch the full video below.

Author’s Note: I’m glad we’ve moved past the era of safe, sterile Mario and fully embraced the franchise’s creative nature again. What do you think the future holds for Mario and his friends? As always, let us know in the comments below!

Credits:
Writing: Perkilator Perkilator
Social: Perkilator Perkilator , @Zerp
Editing: @Zerp

Nicholas “Perkilator” Perkins

Comments

Meh, I don't really pay attention to Mario games other than the main series nowadays, so for me Mario remains extremely consistent (NSMB aside, and even then I think that's overhated).

Last edited:
Top Bottom