• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delphiki Games IV *close me mods*

Delphiki

Smash Champion
If I could upload vids I would have a combo video by now, or at least some vids of myself.

What are you talking though? Why are you the only one who can stay past 10? I don't know if Razr is going to Modesto or not, Nova is going with Tomi. I have no idea who else is going.

Zoap - I don't want people to be able to camp excessively. If you're at Felicity and mines spawn in a back room, you can just camp with one on the door. If they blow it with another proxy you just throw another on the door. Even if they manage to kill you they will have prolly died a couple times already. And of course this is just one example.

edit: Times in the first post.

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
The problem with proxies is that they can be spammed. Its easy for someone to take a handful of them and sprint around the stage laying them in all sorts of areas and then camping.

I do agree with timed mines and primary fire grenades, though. And Dbl mauler is my secondary weapon of choice, dbl falcon is my preferred set.

DRGN

Technowizard
I don't know about the Mauler being in because we didn't used to play with it much, but one-hit-kills could lead to some lame deaths or be too good, and add a degree of luck/randomness to combat. Which is the same reason LXs are out....

As for combat boosts: Just out of curiousity, what in the world would they be banned for? They seem pretty neutral to me.
It seems they could even help to balance things out (e.g. say someone is coming at you with an automatic and all you have is a pistol). But this is just my opinion, i've never really used them a whole lot. I vote they should stay because I think they could add a unique tactical aspect, and offer more options for planning.

then why not let proxy mines in? Are they not a form of trap, and by your logic wit the K7 you can spot them.

Afterall trappin is a great aspect of the game
The big difference with proxy mines is the fact that they come in packs. You'll commonly find yourself carrying 10 at a time. So you can then run through the level throwing them randomly. (EDIT: Just like Tyde said.) It's incredibly easy to do and can slow down the match tremendously (which is not good since there's going to be a time limit). You can't do that with the Dragon because you can only use it once. And like I said before, the Dragon's secondary mode isn't broken even without the K7. (Just be patient and don't rush, pay attention to your surroundings, and remember you can test them.) Also, proxy mines are generally harder to see than Dragons.

Eff perfect dark lets play golden eye and street fighter 3S!!!
Golden Eye dog that's where that **** is at.

And owning in 3S sounds fun too
I think everybody who's played either of these two games has come across this argument. But to tell you the truth, I don't really get it... Proponents of GE just tell me "It's better", and that's it. I've played both games, I know GE is a good game. But PD literally has everything GE has plus like a truckload & a half more. (a lot of existing features were enhanced/upgraded too)

It's like, why have a sandwhich, when you can have a sandwhich AND a tall glass of your favorite beverage? ..Eh? Sound good? I thought so.

I can understand some people having different tastes/preferences as to the style, or maybe they're a big James Bond fan. But I don't get it when people think PD is an inferior game. :ohwell:

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Leave it to DRGN for a food analogy.......and I'm thinking of banning the Mauler...I thought it was just really powerful, I didn't know it was always a OHKO.

Zoap

Smash Master
they dont need my money god ****it, dont give them a dim :)

edit: more is always better drgn, wat if it was a nice tall glass of diarhea, wouldnt that be great add on to ur sandwhich. Not to say PD extras = **** :)

DRGN

Technowizard
Sorry, but I don't fancy diarhea with my sammiches. And I like to consider myself as having good taste. ^_^

(You know I said with your 'favorite beverage'.. But if you're trying to say that that just so happens to be your cup 'o "tea" so-to-speak, well, go for it. :p )

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
Guess what? I have work till 11 on fridiay and work at 2 on saturday. I'll be over after work and probably stay till 4 or so.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Tyde I'll enter you in Singles, just remember to give me your entry fee when you show. I'll hold your matches as late as I can, but get here quick-like.

GaW rapage time.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
So sad to see this on the second page...:(

OK guys looks like it'll just be Singes, Doubles, Low Tier, Perfect Dark, and possibly KoF. If we're to do KoF we'll need more entrants a ruleset figured out in advance.

Btw Mauler banned for PD.

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
ka-bump. That's ok. My thread died after, like, 10 posts. That's fine, though. I didn't want it anyway. Lets just let it die in peace.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
I like saying golden eye is better because I never played perfect dark and whenever a fan of perfect dark is around and someone says golden eye is better they go on a huge rant about how perfect dark is better.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Threads don't die. They live in the recesses of the SWF thread bank and can be called upon at any moment in time, with the use of a single button....

SEARCH

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
I like saying golden eye is better because I never played perfect dark and whenever a fan of perfect dark is around and someone says golden eye is better they go on a huge rant about how perfect dark is better.
so effing true. I tend to go psycho on people who say goldeneye is better. PD fans just tend to be a little devoted, I guess. You should come over on tuesday, and see what all the fuss is about. Oh yeah!

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Anyone play MvC2? I'd like to see a tourney for that go on sometime.

Wish I could make it to this event. I'll try to come to the next one.

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
...posting for Delph...

whats MvC2?

...James Bond is always fun...I mean chicks dig it...
...Mission Impossible tried to get the chicks away from OO7 ...but failed...
...Perfect Dark came along...and claimed the guys for some reason...
...but you know...what was always there....SMASH ^.-

Edit: lets go post on Tyde's

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
I know the game's out of time and the tier system is shot (MvC2), but perhaps there could be a low-tier tournament or something... Or we could go as far as to just banning certain characters or assist types.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
I got my DC if you wanna play on that. But then again I don't want to haul my DC baby around so I guess I could bring the PS2 version and a PS2 if needed. Holla Back.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Actually it's not THAT bad. People mostly hate it for the controls and the sound. And the fact that it's not arcade perfect. But if you wanna play it you gotta deal with the PS2 version. My DC only travels to big tournies.

QTP

The "Sonic" of Diddy Kong
haha.

you called your DC baby.

sounds like someone's in love. <3 :)

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Actually it's not THAT bad. People mostly hate it for the controls and the sound. And the fact that it's not arcade perfect. But if you wanna play it you gotta deal with the PS2 version. My DC only travels to big tournies.

Half of the characters have had adjustments which affects their performance ability quite terribly.

A few classic examples is that Magneto and Storm can no longer FP out of an airdash if they've already FPed while in the air.

I suppose it'd be better than nothing, though. Bring the PS2 and we'll play some, I haven't had the liberty of playing anyone from NorCal yet.

And with that said, I actually managed to set aside the money to make it! Hoorah! I'll see you all on Friday! Is there still need for people to bring extra NGCs and controllers?

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Bring your own controller, we shouldn't need extras though. We still need cubes and TVs, the venue will only have 2 setups, so we definitely need them. I'm hoping for at least 5 altogether. At least.

Tomi-X

Smash Lord
I can bring a cube, however unless you can get a ride to my house in the morning, you'll be taking the spot of the tv, delphiki.

hitori

Smash Journeyman
we'll try to bring a cube and some controllers, but I'm not sure we can spot the TV set.
we're all looking forward to the tourney/money games.

5 of us total I believe. see ya soon! =P

Delphiki

Smash Champion
What do you mean Tomi? Why would I be going to your house? Are you saying the only way you can bring a TV is if you have someone to take the TV back to your place Saturday morning? :confused:

edit:

Remember! We will be selling Papa Murphy's pizza by the slice (either $1 or $1.50, depends on how big I cut it) and we will probably be selling Monster energy drinks as well, for $2. No guarantee on the Monsters yet though..

Zoap

Smash Master
Papa Murphys is GARBAGE. If there were a tier list for Pizza, Papa Murphy would be bowser.
As Dominoes is Pichu, and the garbage lowest of low is that frozen **** u get from safeway lol.

We should go for some middle tier Ganon pizza, Like Little Caesars. $5 a Large Pepperoni pizza too good.

Zoap

Smash Master
yes there 555 deal is just not good enough mindgames anymore, ill never fall into that trap again. LOL

Top Bottom