• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delphiki Games IV *close me mods*

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I am happy to announce:

Delphiki Games IV

Smash 'til Dawn, hosted by Razr, organized by Delphiki.

March 16th and 17th

Venue opens at 4:00 PM and will be open until 3:00 PM the next day.

2445 El Rocco Way; Rancho Cordova, CA, 95670
(- just around the corner from the Sacramento Biweeklies -)

We will be selling Monster Energy Drinks for $2. Food will also be sold. A portion of food and drink sales will be donated towards OC3. Also, 10% of all pots will be matched out of my own pocket, and donated.

featuring

SSBM

$5 Singles - follows Doubles
$8 Doubles - follows LTS
$3 Low Tier Singles - begins at 7:00

$5 Perfect Dark 1v1 (see this post for rules)

Any other events can be recommended, and we will do everything we have time and participation for ^_^. This includes non-SSBM games!.

Times

7:00 - Low Tier Singles
8:30 - Doubles
10:00 - Singles

All side events will be run parallel with the larger events, and will begin as soon as a sizable number of players are entered.

We will need TVs and Cubes, we have only two guaranteed setups. I am aiming for a minimum of five, and of course, the more the better.

This is the fourth incarnation of the Delphiki Games, which began as small, private Smash til Dawns but have grown to have previous Games featuring a number of NCPR rankers entering. With a bit of luck and a good reputation, these Games will continue to recur and grow. We will be featuring several events, many of which are not seen at most tournaments, and these bonus events are up to you - the community! Please give a vote for the event you would like to see, and it will become a possibility! Also, the Games always have much time for friendlies, MMs, and whatever else our patrons desire!

Rules:

Best of 3, Losers/Winners Finals best of 5, Grand Finals best of 9, with continuation.

Double Blinds can be called by either player before the start of the first match.

Stages

Singles:

Neutral:

Battlefield
Dreamland 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium
Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks:

Brinstar
Corneria
DK 64
Green Greens
Jungle Japes
Mute City
Poke Floats
Rainbow Cruise

Doubles:

Neutral (Random):

+DK64
+Rainbow Cruise
- Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick:

+Great Bay
+Mushroom Kingdom II
- Mute City
- Fountain of Dreams

If not listed, the stage is banned.

Prizes

Prizes will be distributed from the pot, with no reductions. This goes for all tournaments. All money will be returned to the top smashers, as follows:

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Expected Entrants

Anbu
Catnip
Cavesonic13
Civil 9
Delphiki
DRGN
hitori of Reno, bringing 4 others
KOF
KevMoney
Mage
NintendoKing
Razr
Samurai X
TC1
The Marth Madness
Tomi-X
Tyderium
Zero
Zoap

Possible Attendants

F.T.A.?
TeamScape?

We have many players already planning to attend, including some out of state contenders. With this advance announcement we can easily trump the size of previous Delphiki Games! So get ready everyone, for Delphiki Games IV!

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2196746

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
16 and 17? does that mean your tournament will go for two days or does it mean the tournament will be the 16th and an STD will last till morning?

it'll sadden me if it goes over our tournament :'C

Zoap

Smash Master
I won the last one of these, im that awesome lol.

Delphiki doesnt even know how to do a dbl karthik.

those arent standard Norcal rules :( Ill tell you why:

I don't think any of our tournies have ever done a best of 7 for finals, and we still have yet to try the continuation of sets.

Stages

Singles:

Counterpicks:

RAINBOW Cruise is on in Norcal Standard Rules :)

Brinstar
Corneria
DK 64
Green Greens----> we took this one and Jungle Japes out the last time we held a meetin at the biweekly. YOUR CHOICE THOUGH, Many including the Sac biweeklys leave them in
Jungle Japes
Mute City
Poke Floats

Doubles:

Neutral (Random):

+DK64
+Rainbow Cruise
- Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick:

+Great Bay----------> We also took this and MK2 off for dbls but like I said above its your choice, but not Norcal Standard.
+Mushroom Kingdom II
- Mute City
- Fountain of Dreams

Dudes im awesome just look at RAINBOW Cruise

:cool: :psycho: :chuckle:

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Congrats on Zoap's Rainbow 0_o. Seriously you must have nothing else to do. lol

I forgot Cruise for Singles, the rest of the stages are staying the same. Besides, who plays at MKII? lol

Zoap

Smash Master
obv u didnt watch me and fmf vs spectre and tang/germ and hella.

We picked every gay stage we could think of lol

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Perfect Dark is a great idea. Tyde, DRGN, Civil 9 and I all play. I'll add that to the events. Let's get a ruleset flushed out. Any suggestions?

Zoap

Smash Master
alright ill talk to my bro
he loves the game so he know which lvls are dumb and weps etc.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
1v1

12 points, 15 minute time limit, Combat Only. Sets are best of 3, all finals best of 5.

Radar will be ON. No Maian character models allowed.

Neutral Weaponset:

AR34
Falcon 2
Dragon
K7 Avenger
DY-357
Sniper Rifle

All Explosive-type weapons will be banned except Timed Mines and Grenades (primary mode only). Farsight, Knives, Crossbow, DY-357 LX, and Cloaking Device will be banned.

Loser may choose the next stage and swap out one weapon from the neutral set.

Stages:

Skedar
Pipes
Warehouse
Grid
Ruins
Area 52
Base
Fortress
Villa
Temple
Complex
Felicity

Banned:

Ravine
G5 Building
Sewers
Car Park

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
so delpiki if i wanted to i could bring kof xi for an event and i make the rules for it, you would consider it?

btw in perfect dark, the alien with remote mines is the best, lol

Zoap

Smash Master
alright so my bro looked at the rules quickly and just some things he noticed:

He agrees with Tyde Super Dragon and Laptop gun in the sence that it should only be primary mode, hence banning the grenade launcher and sentry gun from play but not the weapon itself.

Thinks 12 pts is an odd number but not necessarly a bad one

Agrees with the Maian character being banned and radar on.

At first glance agrees wit the neutral weapons and banned weapons and stage rules.

Wonders if first stage is going to be random?

If dragon is allowed, is only the primary function allowed(secondary is the proxy mine).

Also thinks the secondary mode of Mauler should not be allowed to be used as it is a one hit ko.

Combat boosts arent a huge deal but maybe banning them.

He wants to know why if all other explosives are off why allow grenades and timed mines at all?

Wants to know if the Phoenix secondary shot will be allowed even know its an explosive.

Tranquilizer in or out? It has 1 hit KO plus blurs a person for the next life.

He will go through the stages and other weapons later he says.

He also thinks a 2v2 tourney would be pretty cool.

Also he says a rule of 10 seconds to push start after dying as to not stall the match if you hold the lead.

He said he will go through exclusively and check the stages and weapons etc.

Also I suggested the 10 second rule, I may be mistaking the death stall wit Goldeneye 007 so it was not him.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Zoap I'll comment on your rules tomorrow, I need to get to sleep. KoF can definitely be done if we have systems that can play it and enough entrants. Btw both of these will be $5.

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
Perfect Dark= too complicated. Seriously. What about knives? I'm sure you know what happens when you poison knife a corpse.

DRGN

Technowizard
Tyde, if you look, we already said the SuperDragon and combat knives are banned. Also, the sentry gun isn't broken, even less so with the K7 in the weaponset; you just need to know how to deal with 'em.

Wonders if first stage is going to be random?
Yeah, the first stage of a set is random, then after that match the loser has their choice for next map.

If dragon is allowed, is only the primary function allowed(secondary is the proxy mine)?

He wants to know why if all other explosives are off why allow grenades and timed mines at all?
Because not all explosives are broken. Obviously Rocket Launchers, the Slayer, proxy mines, ect. can be easily spammed and abused, but others aren't so universally dominating. Timed mines and grenades can be invaluable to flush out an enemy, and without the secondary mode on the grenades, are weapons that take skill to use effectively (I can't use grenades near as well as my brother can..). The Dragon's secondary mode is certainly not broken (especially with the K7 in there), you just have to be more patient and pay attention to your surroundings. (Remember, you can shoot them to test if one is trapped.)

Also thinks the secondary mode of Mauler should not be allowed to be used as it is a one hit ko.

Combat boosts arent a huge deal but maybe banning them.

Wants to know if the Phoenix secondary shot will be allowed even know its an explosive.

Tranquilizer in or out? It has 1 hit KO plus blurs a person for the next life.
I think these things still need to be discussed...
I don't know about the Mauler being in because we didn't used to play with it much, but one-hit-kills could lead to some lame deaths or be too good, and add a degree of luck/randomness to combat. Which is the same reason LXs are out....
As for combat boosts: Just out of curiousity, what in the world would they be banned for? They seem pretty neutral to me.
Phoenix? Yes they're explosives, but they're relatively pretty weak. I don't care either way i'll let you guys decide...

He will go through the stages and other weapons later he says.

He said he will go through exclusively and check the stages and weapons etc.
Me and Delphiki went throught the levels before even posting anything, and we came to the decisions on the levels primarily because all the levels hold basically the same potentials and are pretty balanced. (Don't forget, lack of knowledge or intimacy of a map's layout is of course not a good reason to ban it.)

We thought to take out Ravine because it's so big it might put pressure on the time limit. G5 because it's pretty cramped and could limit the ability to collect weapons before engaging. And Sewers & Car Park because there are so many layers to them that it can be hard to find your opponent and makes it much easier to camp or run.

I'm not saying this meaning we don't want input or that things can't be changed, just that we have put some thought into it, and feel most of the levels/remaining weapons don't have any real flaws. We'd love external comments and thoughts though. ^_^

He also thinks a 2v2 tourney would be pretty cool.
Yeah, that'd be really cool, but I don't know if we'd have enough teams. We should definitely do some teams during friendlies though! With good players that'd be pretty epic. :cool:

P.s. I have no objections to the 10 second rule. Also, if there are different individual levels that people don't like, maybe we could issue power for additional bans just like slob picks. Oh yeah, and what if we step it up to have the choice for two weapons to switch out, to make it more dynamic?

Btw, Ricky, last time me and Tyde were playing at one of his manly smashfests, my rank moved up! :p

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
I got your weapon ban rules right here. Any weapon that has the ability to rapidly produce shots which kill in a single hit from a distance is out. Anything that causes lasting status effects is banned as well. As I see it, this is the new banned list.

DY357-LX
SuperDragon
Rocket Launcher
Devastator
FarSight
Slayer
Crossbow
Tranquilizer
Grenade
Timed/Proxy/Remote Mine
N-Bomb
Shield
Knives

Some legal things

Dragon's proxy mine
Cannot produce the mass quantities required for ban. Once laid, you need to find another dragon before laying another one, plus you lose the gun. And a skilled player will always be wary of a dragon on the ground that's not in a spawn point.

RC-P120
Not really cheap if you think about it. You need to feed the cloaking with your ammo which is a serious hindrance. Players who don't rely on radar will be able to see you anyway.

Mauler
Has to charge the one-hit kill. Low rate of fire and difficult to hit with.

Laptop Gun
Sigh. I really wanted this out because that one time Danny threw one and it killed me off the spawn twice. But they're not that difficult to deal with. Especially, like Danny said, if you've got a K7.

Combat Boosts
They don't last as long as a tranquilizer or shield, and they don't benefit the user that much. They just enable something like a Falcon to easily engage someone with, say, a K7.

Shitgun. I mean SHOTgun.
This gun blows. You have to be kissing them to make it work anyways. In.

Discuss.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I still support Timed Mines, Grenades, and Tranks. The Phoenix' Explosive Shell are allowed, they are only a slightly more powerful than normal shot. About as strong as the DY357. The trank can make you groggy, but it does almost no damage. Timed Mines are difficult to use properly, as are Grenades.

Tyde covered the Dragon (wow I almost typed DRGN). And DRGN covered Grenades/Combat Boosts and stages.

RCP-120/Mauler are still iffy. Now that I think about it though, I will ban Shields, because a player can easily get a lead and then shield camp, or hide the shield. There are too many possibilities for abuse. I kinda agree with Tyde on the Mauler/RCP-120 though, so for now I'll have them in.

edit:

Other games will only be included if we have enough entrants.

Zoap

Smash Master
Ok so i told him what you guys were thinking and here is his thoughts:

Agrees time mines and grenades are ok and not as one sided as other explosives.

Thinks Dragons secondary and Laptop secondary should still not be allowed. Why? Well what if the player decides to strike out K7?!? O there goes your detector and what about Dragon ****ing campin wit that. Thats just stupid so consider that.

He stands by his Mauler decision as if you get Dbl Mauler, IT is ****ing gay. Dont know what he means, try playing someone who has a dbl mauler.

He never thought Combat boosts would be bad, but if your going to ban shields and n bombs and all the little powerups, why leave this one in?

Tranks are still dumb if you ask me and a waste of time, its like allowing pichu in low tier, who uses that weak *****?!? :)

RC120 isnt a huge deal with radar but still makes camping alot easier, so it can be allowed but beware. He still hasnt looked at the stage, and plz remember drgn just cuz you and delphiki think something is fair doesnt mean everyone does.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Don't tempt me Tomi, I don't think you have ever seen one of my essays :laugh:. Most people tell me they either don't understand or couldn't finish it.

If a player loses and chooses to remove the K7, they know exactly what they are doing. If they win that match the loser can put it back in too. Dragons/Laptops can be destroyed easily, and can be spotted early. If a player is camping, either pull out your K7 or keep a good lookout and destroy the traps. Skillful use of traps is a great aspect of this game that I don't think is a good idea to remove.

Combat Boost will stay in because it has the same effect on both players, and also gives the user lag. Most other goodies are one-sided.

edit:

Zoap's 1000th post!

Zoap

Smash Master
then why not let proxy mines in? Are they not a form of trap, and by your logic wit the K7 you can spot them.

Afterall trappin is a great aspect of the game

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Proxys can be stuck behind walls, or any type of overhang where the K7 can't spot them. There are any number of places they can be hidden from threat detectors.

Zoap

Smash Master
well isnt the art of traps? Setting them in a place difficult(or impossible) to detect to lure an unwary victim.

You all act as though you run wit K7s out all the time, if this is the case this will be a very boring tournament.

Again this is just my opinion, my brother is very good I want you all to have a decent chance at winning even if I know you wont :).

QTP

The "Sonic" of Diddy Kong
SamuraiX and myself will be there.

what time are we all expected to leave on the saturday morning??

QTP

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
O.o

leave before 10 saturday morning >.< I am the only one that can stay past 10!!! >.< lol

i don't know ask Delphiki...because their going to modesto right after and I am guessing they might want to clean up a little O.o so yeah, maybe...go eat breakfast....and...stuff so yeah...>.< WTF!

hey Delphiki is there any way you can record a few matches between Razr and Civil 9? I want to see how they fight...don't edit **** I just want to see! >.<

Top Bottom