• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Burn With Passion!! -- Incineroar General Discussion (Formerly the Support Thread)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Maybe it wouldn’t throw downward, but backwards?

It’s still be good, but at least, it wouldn’t be a pseudo-meteor smash

Last edited:

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
Glad to see my favorite alolan starter is more popular nowadays. I knew it was a good choice!

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
On an Up+B. Hoo boy.
Maybe instead of startup lag, there can be a smaller window of time/sweet spot hitbox for the grab and it just deals minute damage/knockback if it whiffs, misses the timing or soutspots so there is more risk.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
"Incineroar is terrible competitively" they said. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Well that was before the update in March.

After S/M’s original release Incineroar was getting close to being good competitively with his Blaze ability, but it wasn’t enough as he
on the same level along with the other starters competitively, so he wasn’t used that often.

However, some time during US/UM’s run Incineroar had Intimidate, which wasn’t available until after an update. When Incineroar did get Intimidate, AKA the best ability in the game, it basically helped nullified one of Incineroar’s biggest flaws which was Incineroar’s speed. Incineroar’s speed wasn’t great, at 60, which meant that Incineroar was most likely going to take a hit first.

Now that Incineroar has Intimidate, Incineroar is able to lower the damage that he takes from his opponent > live longer > do more damage. Now include that with his blaze ability, which is when your Fire attacks increase in power when you have 1/3 of your health, and Incineroar quickly became the stronger character out of all the other starters.

I’m not that into competitive Pokémon, but that’s basically the gist of it.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

After S/M’s original release Incineroar was getting close to being good competitively with his Blaze ability, but it wasn’t enough as he
on the same level along with the other starters competitively, so he wasn’t used that often.

However, some time during US/UM’s run Incineroar had Intimidate, which wasn’t available until after an update. When Incineroar did get Intimidate, AKA the best ability in the game, it basically helped nullified one of Incineroar’s biggest flaws which was Incineroar’s speed. Incineroar’s speed wasn’t great, at 60, which meant that Incineroar was most likely going to take a hit first.

Now that Incineroar has Intimidate, Incineroar is able to lower the damage that he takes from his opponent > live longer > do more damage. Now include that with his blaze ability, which is when your Fire attacks increase in power when you have 1/3 of your health, and Incineroar quickly became the stronger character out of all the other starters.

A Pokémon can't have two abilities simultaneously. It has either Intimidate or Blaze. Not both.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I hope Incineroar actually makes it in I'm sure his moveset will be full of personality.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand

Not quite! Intimidate is great, but that's not the reason specifically, it's moreso the fact that it applies to both Pokemon on double.

Incineroar is not really great in singles. VGC, the official format which is basically doubles, is where it shines. Access to Fake Out, Knock Off and Snarl to complement Intimidate makes it one of the best support and disruptive Pokemon in the format, on top of hitting hard itself. It's basically a better Arcanine, which was always a VGC mainstay, but better typing, stat spread, movepool goes a long way.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Not quite! Intimidate is great, but that's not the reason specifically, it's moreso the fact that it applies to both Pokemon on double.

Incineroar is not really great in singles. VGC, the official format which is basically doubles, is where it shines. Access to Fake Out, Knock Off and Snarl to complement Intimidate makes it one of the best support and disruptive Pokemon in the format, on top of hitting hard itself. It's basically a better Arcanine, which was always a VGC mainstay, but better typing, stat spread, movepool goes a long way.
Oh... I never knew the VGC was in doubles format.

I’m not much into Pokémon VGC, so... yeah. But there were definitely a lot of things about Incineroar that over time ended up making it one of the strongest in the Meta.

Gameguy1996

Smash Apprentice
Turns out Litten is Masuda's favorite Gen 7 starter based on this statement. “At home I have a really tiny cat,” Masuda said. “…it’s 3 kilograms. it crawls around, gets right on my shoulder, so I’m a cat man. I think I’ll probably go with Litten.” I also don't understand why some are still saying there won't be a Pokemon newcomer when there has been one every game and signs seem to be pointing towards one. I also find it kind of sad so many are desperate to disprove Vergeben due to there characters not being on his list. If there is anymore stages left I can see the Battle Royal Dome as a stage.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm hoping IF he has a projectile, he'll have something like Flame Burst in place of Flamethrower, since Charizard already has that and Bowser has a very similar move. Though his projectile could be a side special instead.

D

Deleted member

Still haven't been getting alerts for this thread. Why...?

But hey, lots of new supporters and discussion. Incineroar's really come a long way, I feel.

SmashNStache

Smash Cadet
Still haven't been getting alerts for this thread. Why...?

But hey, lots of new supporters and discussion. Incineroar's really come a long way, I feel.
He's been gaining a lot of support lately and it's honestly really nice to see! It was awesome seeing it with K. Rool and it's equally awesome seeing it with Incineroar! I don't want to jump the gun, but I've good a good feeling about his chances making it in!

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Turns out Litten is Masuda's favorite Gen 7 starter based on this statement. “At home I have a really tiny cat,” Masuda said. “…it’s 3 kilograms. it crawls around, gets right on my shoulder, so I’m a cat man. I think I’ll probably go with Litten.” I also don't understand why some are still saying there won't be a Pokemon newcomer when there has been one every game and signs seem to be pointing towards one. I also find it kind of sad so many are desperate to disprove Vergeben due to there characters not being on his list. If there is anymore stages left I can see the Battle Royal Dome as a stage.
I know there are limited newcomers, but it doesn't make sense to exclude a new fighter from the biggest media franchise in the world. I can understand skipping the retro pick since we already have all the known characters from that era, but a new Pokemon is always a must. I honestly feel like it would be foolish to skip adding a character from Pokemon's big 20th anniversary game.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Yeah I'm having the issue too. Not getting any alerts when people post
I think you have to look at the latest post before you can be alerted again. Which is definitely cause for whiplash on hyperactive threads...

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Here's my attempt at a moveset.

View attachment 164895
Final Smash: Malicious Moonsault

View attachment 164885
Up B: Throat Chop
A recovery move that acts as a command grab similar to Cap. Falcon's up B. The difference is that Incineroar throws the opponent downward and he does not kick back when he does.

View attachment 164887
Down B: Darkest Lariat

Acts similar to a grounded link's up b. Has some invincibility frames and is a good get off me tool. Can be charged to increase power and rpm.

View attachment 164889
Neutral B: Flamethrower
Unlike charizard or bowser's flamethower, this projectile will be a fast, powerful stream of fire. This move must be charged for 2-3 seconds before unleashing. It will deal multihit properties and has final strong hitbox. It travels the same distance of a pk fire and the hitboxes are active for 1-2 seconds.

Side B: Seismic Toss
Command grab and is basically a piledriver move like Bowser Bomb

View attachment 164894
Taunt: Bulk Up
This move gives Incineroar a temporary buff (think of deep breathing). The startup for this move is 3 seconds and cannot be canceled. The buff lasts for 7 seconds and gives incineroar the following: 20% knockback/damage reduction, 20% damage increase. Chargeable specials can be charged 20% faster too.

View attachment 164897
Fair: Cross Chop
Double slash attack with similar frame data to charizard's fair

Bair: Backfist
Does a quick spinning backfist with low endlag. Similar to ice climber's bair.

Nair: Twirl
Quickly twirls in the air in a fetal position

Dair: Body Slam
Does a quick twirl in the air and quickly slams down with his stomach

Uair: Slash
Slashes in a wide circular arc above similar to Ike's new uair. Not as disjointed, but faster startup.

View attachment 164901
Fsmash: Throat Chop (punch variant)
Similar power and frame data to Ryu's Fsmash

Dsmash:
Similar to Bowser's new dsmash, slightly weaker and faster.

USmash:
Slashes high in the air with a small leap like megaman's utilt. Does the twirl as well.

Ftilt:
Quickly kicks forward like captain falcon's ftilt

Utilt:
Quickly punches both arms above his head as if doing a victory pose

Dtilt:
Sweeping leg kick like Ryu's dmash. Weaker and much less end endlag.

Jab: Fury Swipes
Simple 1-2-3 jab similar to Charizard's

Dthrow:
Suplex opponent to the ground but does not cause knockback (like Snake's dthrow)

Uthrow:
Like K Rool's Uthrow

Fthrow:
Similar to Kirby's fthrow

Bthrow:
Similar to Mario's back throw
Amazing moveset bro and I love the creative use of gifs here- gets me really hyped up for InCENAroar's inclusion!
You deserve more likes!

Flik

Smash Journeyman
InCENAroar
I hope this never becomes a meme, I'd hate to see my second favorite Pokemon starter and most wanted Smash Bros fighter becoming somewhat related to one of the things I hate the most in Pro Wrestling.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I hope this never becomes a meme, I'd hate to see my second favorite Pokemon starter and most wanted Smash Bros fighter becoming somewhat related to one of the things I hate the most in Pro Wrestling.
Just pray that when Incineroar does end up in the game, he just doesn't end up as fighter #69 cuz that won't be the only thing you'll hate that ends up being related to him LOL! XD
(unless you like that sort of thing, then my bad to anyone who does; this is the no- judgement zone~)

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Just pray that when Incineroar does end up in the game, he just doesn't end up as fighter #69 cuz that won't be the only thing you'll hate that ends up being related to him LOL! XD
(unless you like that sort of thing, then my bad to anyone who does; this is the no- judgement zone~)
Incineroar being Fighter #69 would be hilarious, considering that "Incineroar is nasty" is already a meme.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
Incineroar as #69 would be a glorious meme :laugh:

Incineroar being Fighter #69 would be hilarious, considering that "Incineroar is nasty" is already a meme.
Well, he can learn Nasty Plot, after all (through BREEDING, on top of that) :smirk:

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Did guys know that Incineroar basically is a fire/fighting type (not counting TMs because he doesn’t normally learn those moves)?
Fighting moves: 8
Fire moves: 8
Dark moves: 7
Also, considering his fighting moves are far more useful than any of the dark moves (barring darkest lariat), I’d say it’s safe to think that they originally planned for him to be a fire/fighting type.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Did guys know that Incineroar basically is a fire/fighting type (not counting TMs because he doesn’t normally learn those moves)?
Also, considering his fighting moves are far more useful than any of the dark moves (barring darkest lariat), I’d say it’s safe to think that they originally planned for him to be a fire/fighting type.

What exactly is it you're trying to accomplish here?
Between coming in here to "enlighten" us with this asinine propaganda that is completely irrelevant to what matters for Smash and trying to discredit Incineroar and hype up Lycanroc in the Ashley thread, it's clear your intentions are to stir up trouble.

Nor only that, but where are you even counting these moves? Because if you're counting Tutoring Moves, which can be taught to a LARGE number of Pokémon regardless of type save for few special occasions, then you're off base.
Naturally, Incineroar learns:
4 Fire moves
3 Dark moves
3 Fighting moves, one being a boosting move (which isn't exclusive to Fighting types)

Last edited by a moderator:

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
Oh I get it now. Kanto Marrowak is a Normal type because it learns 4 Ground type moves while it learns 11 Normal type moves. :rolleyes:

Machete

Smash Ace
Just chiming in to say that finding out Incineroar is a fighter is not really some groundbreaking discovery. He is literally a wrestler.

Top Bottom