• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deleted..............

Gluttony

Smash Cadet
And how is this different than regular Brawl?
In regular brawl you don't keel over once you hit 30%. I'll try this out. As a "just for fun" thing it sounds really cool. Props to you. Btw, if you put rayguns on high any character can compete. The other one just has to dodge. Unless it's set up where there's no way to dodge. That's different. Still, the person can block until the gun comes. Perhaps a really skilled player at this game can play a char with no projectiles to give his friends more of a chance? Interesting mode. :)

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
this better be a joke thread
What the hell is wrong with this board? Every thread on this board gets locked/flamed unless Gimpyfish created it. actually TRY the idea out before saying that.

In regular brawl you don't keel over once you hit 30%. I'll try this out. As a "just for fun" thing it sounds really cool. Props to you. Btw, if you put rayguns on high any character can compete. The other one just has to dodge. Unless it's set up where there's no way to dodge. That's different. Still, the person can block until the gun comes. Perhaps a really skilled player at this game can play a char with no projectiles to give his friends more of a chance? Interesting mode. :)

The items should be set to low-med, since they serve as the "final smash" in this mode. So suddenly a cracker launcher might show up and you'll have a lil advantage over your opponent for a bit. i think it should be intended only for the 8 characters, because it wouldn't be fun just to depend on pickin up a raygun when you don't have a projectile b move.

As for whoever else is reading this, please TRY this out. Its unusually fun, and is great when you just wanna take a break from all the competitive 1v1s. I always think the most original ideas are the most fun. Example i made another "minigame" where its stamina, and the stage is a box, and once you get in you can't get out.The only way to win is to beat your opponent till his hp is 0. Pretty brutal.

And seriously, people need to realize the creative potential of what the stage builder and special brawl can make. It becomes ALOT of fun experimenting with this stuff.

/ long post

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
You didn't include Pikachu, Lucario, Olimar, Mario, Luigi Mr. G & W, Ness, or Lucas.
Tested them and their range is not enough. Feel free to remake this stage on the lowest size scale, so range wouldn't be a problem.

mukoe890

Smash Apprentice
I'll play around with this. It's nice to see a special brawl post. and I kinda agree about the Gimpyfish thing you said=)

DarkStraw

Smash Apprentice
if you just used the ray gun and set items to high all characters could play.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Videos up.

and items would not be very high, also you cant use other than those 8 characters.

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman
Videos up.

and items would not be very high, also you cant use other than those 8 characters.
That was actually a cool video. It's an interesting concept for sure. You should make little alcoves in your stage so people can spam projectiles on lower levels. Just a suggestion.

Uncle Fitzy

Smash Journeyman
Videos up.

Wow those CPU's clearly don't understand the premise of your minigame :laugh: . I think there are probably better stage options though... cover would be cool to have.

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
What the hell is wrong with this board? Every thread on this board gets locked/flamed unless Gimpyfish created it. actually TRY the idea out before saying that.

As for whoever else is reading this, please TRY this out. Its unusually fun, and is great when you just wanna take a break from all the competitive 1v1s.

And seriously, people need to realize the creative potential of what the stage builder and special brawl can make. It becomes ALOT of fun experimenting with this stuff.
No, I won't try it out. I don't need to try it out to know that I would not have anywhere near the degree of fun you expect me to in this "minigame."

What you need to understand is that fun is a subjective thing. It's all well and good that you have fun in obscure, carefully-constructed situations, and it's all well and good that you want to share it with other people who might find it enjoyable as well. This is a forum for opinions, that is absolutely what it's for.

But do not presume to tell anyone else what is fun. Do not assume that if anyone tried this, they'd have so much fun they'd fall out of their chair. Now, I'm not condoning anyone attacking you for sharing something you enjoy. That's out of line. This is a public forum for public interests, and those interests are varied. There are certainly a lot of people who would find this fun, and you exposed them to that idea. Kudos to you.

But do not expect you and me to share the same game experience. Don't expect everything that's fun for you to be fun for me. It's wrong for someone to attack you just because they disagree with you, but it's just as wrong for you to look down upon them because they're unwilling to see the light and open their mind to the possibilities you suggest. Maybe, they just genuinely wouldn't enjoy it. Is that allowed? People enjoy different stuff.

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
No, I won't try it out. I don't need to try it out to know that I would not have anywhere near the degree of fun you expect me to in this "minigame."

What you need to understand is that fun is a subjective thing. It's all well and good that you have fun in obscure, carefully-constructed situations, and it's all well and good that you want to share it with other people who might find it enjoyable as well. This is a forum for opinions, that is absolutely what it's for.

But do not presume to tell anyone else what is fun. Do not assume that if anyone tried this, they'd have so much fun they'd fall out of their chair. Now, I'm not condoning anyone attacking you for sharing something you enjoy. That's out of line. This is a public forum for public interests, and those interests are varied. There are certainly a lot of people who would find this fun, and you exposed them to that idea. Kudos to you.

But do not expect you and me to share the same game experience. Don't expect everything that's fun for you to be fun for me. It's wrong for someone to attack you just because they disagree with you, but it's just as wrong for you to look down upon them because they're unwilling to see the light and open their mind to the possibilities you suggest. Maybe, they just genuinely wouldn't enjoy it. Is that allowed? People enjoy different stuff.
You're completely off base, and you wasted your time writing this post to make yourself look like an ***.

He wasn't attacking anyone; he was defending himself. Some people on these boards have their head shoved so far up their *** that they will bash anything that deviates from the norm. The dude made something he thought was cool, but people didn't even check to see if it would be fun before denouncing it as a joke.

Yea, people can disagree with him if they want. There's a difference between what people are doing, though, and disagreement. Disagreeing means "I don't think that this is gonna be fun for me." It doesn't mean "This doesn't have to do with competitive matches at all! It's a joke."

How about you let the dude post what he wants? He never said that this is going to be the new way brawl should be played. He just wants people to see what he came up with, and the fact that you're taking it as if he's some evangelist is silly. Get over yourself.

And to the ****** that thinks it's fine to generalize all of Brawl with one Youtube match between two of the most projectile reliant characters in the game: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UfEBKm0OD9k
I can do it too! Based on this video, Brawl won't be about camping at all. You can't argue because clearly I have the video evidence on my side :ohwell: .

Rhambo

Smash Apprentice
Nice game this is pretty fun
I specialized the map idea... I'll post my modified maps later

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I will upload a 2nd video, where i won't use computers and have a friend or 2 play with me. Might use a different stage too.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
This is not as fun as the
Falco Parisol Frenzy (actually, I think we should be using Sonic now)
Here's how you play.

All of you pick fast characters.
Put items to parasol on very low spawn.
Put time limit to somewhere around 5 minutes

The goal is to grab a parasol and die off the bottom of the screen while you have it. This is how you score.

Here are the rules.
1. Only the first Parasol that pops up on the screen is considered "active"
2. If you are hit you must drop the parasol. You can't grab it again until after 2 seconds from you dropping it (other players can still grab it)
3. If you taunt before dropping down with the parasol it counts as 2 points instead of one
4. You must float down with the parasol in order to score. You must float for the entirety of the drop

Seriously, you guys should try it, it's rediculously fun. Cage fights are great too (just make a custom stage that only has a few small openings. Then put explosive items on very high (and maybe bumpers or something).

Ban3

Smash Journeyman
is fighting for his friends at Sugar Land TEXAS
Here's how you play.

The goal is to grab a parasol and die off the bottom of the screen while you have it. This is how you score.

Here are the rules.
2. If you are hit you must drop the parasol. You can't grab it again until after 2 seconds from you dropping it (other players can still grab it)
3. If you taunt before dropping down with the parasol it counts as 2 points instead of one
4. You must float down with the parasol in order to score. You must float for the entirety of the drop

Seriously, you guys should try it, it's rediculously fun. Cage fights are great too (just make a custom stage that only has a few small openings. Then put explosive items on very high (and maybe bumpers or something).
y dont u just make u own thread 4 that then lol

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Here's how you play.

Here are the rules.

If Parasol existed in Brawl.

Top Bottom