• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deku Tree Presents: Sheik Tech - Instant Needle Cancelling & C-bouncing

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Nice to see this on the front page. Great job Sheikboards! Keep up the good work.

GeneralBrwni

Smash Cadet
Great guide, now when I cry myself to sleep after being relentlessly 2-stocked by Sheiks, I'll know that there's still tech they're not even using.

Kesno

Smash Cadet
I'll like this post just for the cover photo. If it is a woman, and I venture a guess that it is, then I needed to like this immediately because that woman is too fine to be ignored. Being a ZS Samus main it's the blonde hair can you blame me.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
People not understanding wavebouncing has been discovered and used since 2008. Smash community pls.
The world needs more people like you stating the obvious.
Keyword: tutorial. No one is treating this as a discovery.

Not everyone who plays Sheik is aware of everything she is capable of so this is useful for people who are learning her.
Do you also tend to stumble into a first graders class where children are learning to read and write just to say "people have been able to read and write for centuries" just to stroke your ego?

Last edited:

YGK

Smash Cadet
WOOOOOO!!!! I'M FAMOUS!!!!

Seriously though, I'm really glad this video got made, and pretty hyped that I got credited in it. (I didn't really discover anything, just did my best to help with the analysis and such.)

This tech is crazy powerful, and I really hope to start seeing it used more now that this video is out. Thanks to Deku Tree for making the excellent guide, and Tronfox for discovering the tech in the first place.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hmmm... I had seen the tech used before, but didn't understand the exact mechanics until now. Thanks for the tutorial.

Makes me wonder though... Shiek's needles and Pacman's fruit charge use the same charge/cancel mechanics... hmmmm...

GeneralBrwni

Smash Cadet
Hmmm... I had seen the tech used before, but didn't understand the exact mechanics until now. Thanks for the tutorial.

Makes me wonder though... Shiek's needles and Pacman's fruit charge use the same charge/cancel mechanics... hmmmm...
I don't think it's exactly the same, since I don't think Pacman can wavebounce the fruit charge (I was only able to get the b-reverse before the charge, not after) but the dash into fruit charge cancel totally works and is way faster than a normal stop.

Sabaca

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SABACA
3DS FC
5198-2440-0970
@beginning of the video. You should never push a shoulder button fully in smash4 because it doesn't do anything. It's opposite to brawl where you have to push it down completely and press the shoulder button to create an input. In smash 4 you have to only press the analog part to do an input with it.
Good that you mention it though. For people that don't it yet it becomes way easier by simply telling them that.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Had seen most of the techs in the thread earlier, but not the last one, which characters do that tech apply to?

I want more techs into this game, that last one is cool even though it doesnt seem as useful as a wavedash (but i think its faster) in aggressive ways, defensively that seems extreemly good and fitting for shiek though.

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
At my local, there is a shiek that literally teaches me every.single.peice.of.shiek.tech and theres tons... she takes a lot more skill and precision than people think!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Do you also tend to stumble into a first graders class where children are learning to read and write just to say "people have been able to read and write for centuries" just to stroke your ego?
Dude I'm totally going to do this. That'll teach those scrub first graders that reading and writing are ancient techs that Isai discovered in 1999.

"wavebouncing" still cracks me up. The names we give techs in smash are so edgy and cool and don't afraid of anything.

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
Shiek = Fox
Not technically wise but it's obvious that she's the strongest in Smash 4.
She's unstoppable.

Player -0

Smash Hero
The world needs more people like you stating the obvious.
Keyword: tutorial. No one is treating this as a discovery.

Not everyone who plays Sheik is aware of everything she is capable of so this is useful for people who are learning her.
I remember seeing something else which is why I said people. At this point it's pretty obvious this guy is just trolling/flaming though.
upload_2015-7-29_17-38-34.png

I have no problem with tutorials (unless they've been done before or copied shamelessly from someone with no new information). I found these techs to be pretty cool as I was unaware that Sheik could cancel her put away animation with an attack (needle fidgeting?) and am curious on whether you can do similar things with other characters like Robin (Robin is fun).

In regards to the comparison, I'm talking about realizing that something has been done/invented while people (people probably isn't the right word) think it was done/invented later. There are a ton of examples in history of this happening due to for some reason the later person is more famous/it makes more of a ruckus (I don't think I can pull up an example off the top of my head if you ask me lol). It would be like if you had a friend that figured out that water "disappears" if you make it get really hot (evaporation/boiling) and he told you about this. I'll assume you already knew this and you tell him people have already done it and stuff and you can't take credit for it. Kinda weird/badly explained example but I'm going to roll with it. Your comparison is a bit weird on the wording for an ego stroke but I get what you're trying to say. The purpose/whatever of the statement is a bit different than mine though.

tl;dr - I typed way too much. Learning stuff is cool but know where it came from/give credit.

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
"Wavebouncing" Lmao. Smash 4 trying to sound like it has advanced tech like melee.

Another useless smash 4 guide that points out the obvious. Shiek can throw needles... omg.
lol wow, do you really not have anything better to do with your life? Never mind I already know the answer to that question.... lolol

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
:foxmelee:Dank meme bro.

At this point I have to point out that if you have the time to quote / respond to my incredibly obvious trolling attempts, then you're guilty of the same thing you're accusing me of (Not having a life)

We're both just two sad, judgemental lonely people who can't escape our lack of social obligations

Please lets not fight anymore my precious cupcake, think of the children. :nessmelee::lucas:

Last edited:

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213

At this point I have to point out that if you have the time to quote / respond to my incredibly obvious trolling attempts, then you're guilty of the same thing you're accusing me of (Not having a life)

We're both just two sad, judgemental lonely people who can't escape our lack of social obligations

Please lets not fight anymore my precious cupcake, think of the children. :nessmelee::lucas:
You could be using all this time to be learning important new skills!
Like showering, and how to move out of your aunt's basement.

ARBITER WARPIG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ARBITERWARPIG

Yes, all two children.

Racuncai

Smash Cadet
People not understanding wavebouncing has been discovered and used since 2008. Smash community pls.
Is like the perfect pivot, no matter that people know about it since 64, is the new wavedash ᷱᷱᷰ"Derp".

Racuncai

Smash Cadet
"wavebouncing" still cracks me up. The names we give techs in smash are so edgy and cool and don't afraid of anything.
I love how they put the most tecnicall sounding names, to the most simple stuff in the earth xD

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
"Wavebouncing" Lmao. Smash 4 trying to sound like it has advanced tech like melee.

Another useless smash 4 guide that points out the obvious. Shiek can throw needles... omg.
the baiting you can pull off with Sheik's wavebounce is more effective than your bait post

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
I love how this brokeness goes to the 2nd and arguably first best character in smash, while we got zelda all terrible-like. (or at least requiring wisdom rather than speed)

Top Bottom