• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Defend the Title - Little Mac Main Social Thread

BZero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
brand23
Are all Little Mac mains fans of Hajime no Ippo? I found a guy on For Glory with the tag IPPO. Are any of you him? I chose the same color as you on accident lol. I used a MAKUNOCHI tag (spelling error) and DEMPSEY. Your Mii was called Alex. You are cool.
But as I was saying. We all seem to like Hajime no Ippo. Like Gimpyfish62.
Ive heard of him before. Idk where.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Are all Little Mac mains fans of Hajime no Ippo? I found a guy on For Glory with the tag IPPO. Are any of you him? I chose the same color as you on accident lol. I used a MAKUNOCHI tag (spelling error) and DEMPSEY. Your Mii was called Alex. You are cool.
But as I was saying. We all seem to like Hajime no Ippo. Like Gimpyfish62.
When I became a fan of Punch Out! the next logical step for me was watching Hajime no Ippo. It just feels right, as it's the closest to a Punch Out! anime.
I think a lot of Punch Out fans watched Hajime no Ippo. :D

Haven't bumped into him, though. But I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't the only one with that tag name.

P.S. I also watched a bit of A****a no Joe, and the Live Action movie. :3

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
So I just discovered a little mac combo. Not too sure if its GUARANTEED but it works most of the time:
Jab:GCA:Jab:GCA: into up-b :GCU::GCB:. Not a massively spectacular combo, but it works and it's useful. :)
it depends on the chars gravity . like weight and fallspeed. lightweights can jump out. it can work but if you're going for a kill with upb youre better off using dtilt or even utilt/dthrow/uthrow as those will true combo at kill %s. missing your upb might just spell doom

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I love the Mac ditto matchup because how unpredictable it is and how insanely quick or long they last and you end up in a hilarious moments like taunting at the same time.

Also I'm surprised no one is talking about Reggie and Bill cosplaying as Mac and Doc Lewis

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I ship :4littlemac:x:4wiifit:and :4littlemac:x:4zss:.
Not sure why this was suddenly brought up.. But I completely agree!. :D I like seeing them together. They just make sense!

BTW, to me the greatest threats to Mac are:
:4littlemac::4sheik::4mario::4yoshi::4ness:

And I admit I'm starting to feel bigger tension around :4falcon:. I have no idea how to land in the middle of the stage when he's there.
His grab range is ridiculous, I feel it outpriorities anything Mac has as landing options. Any suggestions?

P.S. It's funny seeing :4littlemac: next to :rosalina:. She's just so darn huge and he's so tiny.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Not sure why this was suddenly brought up.. But I completely agree!. :D I like seeing them together. They just make sense!

BTW, to me the greatest threats to Mac are:
:4littlemac::4sheik::4mario::4yoshi::4ness:

And I admit I'm starting to feel bigger tension around :4falcon:. I have no idea how to land in the middle of the stage when he's there.
His grab range is ridiculous, I feel it outpriorities anything Mac has as landing options. Any suggestions?

P.S. It's funny seeing :4littlemac: next to :rosalina:. She's just so darn huge and he's so tiny.
Speaking of :rosalina:, how do you even fight against her? Her D-smash with Luma covers so many options. Never mind the fact that she can play super passive.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Speaking of :rosalina:, how do you even fight against her? Her D-smash with Luma covers so many options. Never mind the fact that she can play super passive.
I haven't fought her in a long while, but the only thing close to a contributing strategy for me was pummeling Luma (if Rosalina is far away) to increase the power meter. That will make :rosalina:come to me instead... But then I pray to Doc, God, Reggie and the Force that I manage to beat the exchange. XD
I had forgotten what it's like to fight her. Sometimes I do well, other times I get destroyed purely by grabs.

I swear... Little Mac should be a better grabber. I know that would kind of ruin his character, since he's not the clenching type of boxer... but he needs it in Smash, badly. :(

BZero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
brand23
I love going online, picking Mac since he's one of my mains (not a Mac-noob) and I would beat someone. Then they think Mac is OP so they try showing me that by trying to beat me with Mac himself. Then they lose terribly. :troll:
Ah, for glory.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
I love going online, picking Mac since he's one of my mains (not a Mac-noob) and I would beat someone. Then they think Mac is OP so they try showing me that by trying to beat me with Mac himself. Then they lose terribly. :troll:
Ah, for glory.
i feel like this probably only happens with little mac. since he is limited to a small pool of moves , they think we're just spamming.

those saltdittos always just dash attack and dsmash/fsmash. thats it lol

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Mac dittos...I get those every time I beat em with Mac, then they switch to him...only to get their asses whooped...like miserably.

The most satisfying thing against them? Killing them with the K.O. Uppercut (I call it the "Oscar De La Hoya punch") for the win. Then they leave...literally. heh

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
Try to take out Luma as soon as possible, then play bait and punish :)

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
It may sounds funny, but try side b. You get a slight moment of invulnerability that can make you a nice escape with a little space if you're careful.

Also, hi Little Mac peoples! I think I'm gonna hang around here a bit more, been using Mac way more than Swordfighter lately and I think that trend is going to continue. :)

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Ah, for glory.
That kinda happens with me when I play Mega Man. After I beat somebody, he/she usually switches to somebody with an absorber or reflector (usually :4palutena:) and it looks like they're messaging me "I got a reflector and now you're doomed!", and they still get bopped cause I just bat them into it and punish their mistakes.

Sometimes when I play Mac on For Glory and win a match, I kinda like to switch to Sonic or Duck Hunt (two characters people consider "annoying") to beat em again and add a little salt in the wound. I'm a jerk lol

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That kinda happens with me when I play Mega Man. After I beat somebody, he/she usually switches to somebody with an absorber or reflector (usually :4palutena:) and it looks like they're messaging me "I got a reflector and now you're doomed!", and they still get bopped cause I just bat them into it and punish their mistakes.

Sometimes when I play Mac on For Glory and win a match, I kinda like to switch to Sonic or Duck Hunt (two characters people consider "annoying") to beat em again and add a little salt in the wound. I'm a jerk lol
You're a jerk (I know)
You're a jerk (I know)
You're a jerk (I know)

lol

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I hate to admit this... But I'm terrible at Little Mac dittos. :(

I used to be good, or adaptable at some point. But now, I'm just bad at it.

Maybe I'm just bad at dittos in general. But it's even more apparent in this particular matchup.

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
I hate to admit this... But I'm terrible at Little Mac dittos. :(

I used to be good, or adaptable at some point. But now, I'm just bad at it.

Maybe I'm just bad at dittos in general. But it's even more apparent in this particular matchup.
I don't play Mac dittos. To me it seems who ever is the more patient player wins. Who ever uses their super armor 2nd wins the trade and possibly takes the stock as Little Mac does a really good job edge guarding against other LMs with down smash.

I just go DK who shuts down all grounded approaches with his down special. Also I take LM's to Smashville and platform camp.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't take Mac dittos seriously, especially when I play as my main Rosalina. I usually just toy with them until I see the opportunity to send them packing...or until they end up using Jolt Haymaker to their doom.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
check out my combobreaker pool

i will be the little mac player to squash this man's ego
If you mean ZeRo, that'll be satisfying.

For some reason, I got pulled into the Zelda social when one of those ******* used an old quote I posted from the Rosalina social when I noticed soon after that someone made a post saying that Little Mac's K.O. Uppercut is the most idiotic idea ever. I mean really, I laughed my ass off at that.

By the way, the Zelda social is filled with ******* and ***s who post random bull**** everyday. Would not want to go there at all and get stuck in the middle of it.

Last edited:

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
Speaking of Little Mac dittos I was just up against someone on For Glory using the tag "Breezy". Man those were some tough matches, many of which I lost. If there's one thing I hate about the matchup it's how difficult it is to recover without getting hit by down smash.

It's crazy though how different two people can play the same character. Breezy was dashing and rolling back a lot while I prefer to stay still or only move slightly. Either way it was the same as most LM dittos. Generally the first one to attack get's side smashed by the other. Though down-tilt pressure is pretty safe if you can get into the perfect range for it.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I've fought a few good Macs myself but I've never fought any of those as Mac so there's no way of knowing how intense it would be.

When I play as Mac, what I usually do is just perform f-tilts every once in a while like I'm actually in a genuine boxing match, do dash and smash attacks when the opportunity presents itself.

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
check out my combobreaker pool

i will be the little mac player to squash this man's ego
You got this....

Jk, play it smart! Give it your best shot. I wish I had the chance to face ZeRo.

@ Venks Venks Haven't seen you around in a while Venks (though I've been kind of quiet here lately myself), but good to see you posting again!

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I was considering doing doubles with a friend and I was wondering what would be a perfect combo with :4littlemac:.

I thinking :4villager: and :4megaman: would do some damage with help as well

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I was considering doing doubles with a friend and I was wondering what would be a perfect combo with :4littlemac:.
Little Mac suffers from having a "For Glory" design which screws him in singles every time high platforms are involved. In doubles, this weakness is negligible with a teammate to patch it while he focuses on what he's good at. Opponents also can't just ignore him like they do in singles, they're forced to deal with him. I think that Little Mac is an amazing teammate, imo, and he's going to shine more in that meta than in singles where the stage list hates him.

Here's a team I run a lot with Frupcakes, an Ontario Mac main:

:4fox: + :4littlemac:
I did this team with Frupcakes this past weekend at Enthusiast Gaming Live (Toryuken 4) up here in Ontario. We got 7th place with that team in a very stacked tournament, just 1 spot away from the $ prize.

This is an amazing team, in my opinion. Both of these characters have really good synergy with each other, despite both of them preferring to stay on-stage.

The gameplan here is for Fox to stay close behind you while Mac harasses opponents, waiting for openings that Little Mac creates to capitalize on them. Little Mac is very good at engaging in 2v1s thanks to his moveset design with super-armour and fast moves. For this team to work, Fox and Mac should stick close together as much as possible while they focus on dividing their opponents. I'm not saying you should be right next to each other at all times, but you certainly want to be at a distance where, should one of you run into trouble, the other one can get there and knock one of the opponents away. Making sure that neither Little Mac nor Fox gets in a 2v1 situation without the other teammate near is essential.

Should the opponent choose to run away to a high platform, that's where Fox comes in. Fox's vertical air movement is the best in the game, he can get from the ground to the air extremely fast and pressure the opponent in the platform with his 2-hit disjointed u-air, a fox-copter f-air jump that just clips through the platform, B-airs, etc. All Little Mac needs to do is wait for Fox to either open the opponent and go up to the platform himself (Rising Uppercut, for example), force them off the platform, or engage the other opponent trying to knock Fox away to help out his teammate.

Another good thing about Fox is he can easily separate two opponents should Little Mac start to get overwhelmed. Dividing the opponents means Fox can catch an opponent and harass him with Little Mac right behind him, or vice-versa. Or, just position yourselves to sandwich the opponent while the other one is away.

If an opponent manages to knock Mac away, Fox can be right there up in the opponents face and continue engaging them. Same goes the other way around. Both of these characters are very good at getting up in an opponents face should one of them be knocked away.

Any opponent that gets knocked in the air by Little Mac, Fox can catch them with N-air, F-air and D-air for damage, and U-airs and B-airs for the KO or damage. This is again thanks to how fast Fox is at getting from point A to point B with his vertical air speed.

Fox also has many good ways of getting the grab, whether it's through conditioning shield or getting a pivot grab on a distracted opponent. Getting a grab is essentially a free U-smash or F-smash for Little Mac, and ends many stocks against opponents. Great for ending the 2v1 when you're in the advantage. And it goes without saying, but getting a grab and pummeling until they're released it's also a free smash or KO punch.

Essentially Little Mac's role is to make the ground a deathzone in doubles: it's his bubble, he controls that space and anyone who gets near him gets knocked away. Fox's role is to cover the places Little Mac can't reach, mainly platforms, and catch opponents that get sent flying by Mac. This is why I think doubles will be the meta where Mac sees more use, simply because his weakness in singles is easily covered by a character who can pressure an opponent in the places Mac doesn't reach and force them to engage both of you.

Keeping the above in mind, here are other teammates I've seen mentioned that I think are good for Mac too:
:4yoshi: :4pikachu: :4diddy:

Last edited:
Top Bottom