• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Defend the Title - Little Mac Main Social Thread

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Figured I'd post my silhouettes in the social threads!

(Unfortunately I don't have merchandise available for Wireframe Mac, he didn't... look quite right on them)

gamegod7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamegod7
3DS FC
1607-2735-0153
Was hype as soon as he was announced and I have been playing Mac ever since 3DS came out

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
Dude, I just discovered rising smash last week. Omg is it sweet x.x that 55%kill potential.
It seems to me that the recovery distance is the same as standard up b, but the start up lag causes you to drop down a bit before you go up, causing you to have to time it differently. It also seems to have a larger/better ledge sweet spot. This is just what I've gathered from my time using it though :/.
imo if you run rising smash, you cannot run jolt haymaker. i personally love jolt haymaker as an attack.

another setup for rising smash i forgot to mention is dair lock/forced getup. this one takes more skill to pull off.

and then theres the baby cheese setup, cancelled upair > rising smash. only works if your opponent is not actively trying to mash out.

You're right though, do we really need another early killer? That is a huge question...
first stock with rising smash, 2nd stock with KO punch. game.

the potential is there, and i personally think it is the optimal strat. we just need to come up with ways to combat grab combos and keep ourselves on the stage. heavy jab/upb/super armor abuse will be the new little mac meta. no more tilts.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Whenever I play as Little Mac during For Glory matches, I recently picked up the habit of using the K.O. Uppercut only when my opponent is on his/her last stock. Anytime the K.O. Meter fills up early in the match, I just get rid of it just to make things more fair for them (unless they're begging me to do it). lol

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
here's a small list of true combos that little mac can do.

most of these were tested on Diddy kong @0%

Utilt >
  1. jab
  2. dtilt
  3. upb
  4. ftilt
dtilt >
  1. jab
  2. dtilt
  3. ftilt
  4. upb
  5. grab
  6. utilt (if he DIs above)
  7. sideb
dash attack>
  1. sideb
  2. dash attack
  3. upb
  4. rollboost grab
down throw >
  1. utilt (if he DIs above)
theres probably some jab 3 combos at higher percents (is jab 3 even a true combo in itself? 1 and 2 and rapid count but i cant get jab 3 to count). i was gonna do frame traps, but theres the update so maybe it'll change. at least true combos are easy to find in training mode.

gamegod7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamegod7
3DS FC
1607-2735-0153
I'm making a Little Mac montage if any of you guys have some good clips you want in there let me know :)
I have a replay of me breaking a Diddy player's shield... does that count? lol

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
I'm making a Little Mac montage if any of you guys have some good clips you want in there let me know :)
I recovered from the bottom blast zone last night on FG, does that count? I have the clip for it too.

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
I might have a few clips you might like to use, but I'd have to sort through the mass amounts of replays I have x.x. I'll letcha know.

gamegod7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamegod7
3DS FC
1607-2735-0153
Do you have the replay?

Do you have a capture card?
The only problem is that I dont have any kind of capture card, So I would need to record it on my phone or something. It would come with really bad quality.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I've been playing heavily on Mac and Robin and one thing I noticed was that when I play Mac and I just stand there, the opponent seems more and more hesitant to bring out the first blow and when they do I always down tilt into foward tilt or down tilt into quick up smash which can help.

Also try using his down smash more so because they always expect his Forward smash and I found out his down air can spike if you're lucky

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
How the hell did you do that?
I footstooled him on release to spike him, used my double jump afterward to reach the wall, wall jumped, and then used my Up B aha. Not even the first time this has happened, just the most recent lmao.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
I footstooled him on release to spike him, used my double jump afterward to reach the wall, wall jumped, and then used my Up B aha. Not even the first time this has happened, just the most recent lmao.
no you didnt footstool him...warios bite finished and he threw you out. it was just the power of little mac's strength that saved you

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Hey guys, where can I find lil mac's frame data?

specifically I want up B's frame data

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
no you didnt footstool him...warios bite finished and he threw you out. it was just the power of little mac's strength that saved you
Under closer inspection, I can see you're right. I feel like I've footstooled out of a bite at low percents before though. Is that possible?

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
Hey guys, where can I find lil mac's frame data?

specifically I want up B's frame data
We have Up B's frame data in the Moveset Thread. The accuracy of this frame data may very a little, as we have yet to go over the complete Frame data rip and compare our previous records, but it should be mostly accurate. Anything is subject to change in the patch tomorrow though, so idk how long this will be accurate.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
True Combos on Rosalina @ 0%

DTilt >
  • utilt
  • jab
  • ftilt (first hit only)
Utilt >
  • UpB
Dash Atk >
  • UpB (depends on hitbox)
Uthrow >
  • UpB

she is way too light and floaty to really juggle.

anyhow:

does anyone know the mechanics behind sliding after getting hit in shield? sometimes i would use a smash atk on someone camping ledge trying to bait a shield grab and they would slide off. i can never recreate that in training mode. since that strategy is so prevalent against Lil mac, i was hoping perhaps there was a way to exploit it ie; footstooling them real quick after they slip off

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
True Combos on Rosalina @ 0%

DTilt >
  • utilt
  • jab
  • ftilt (first hit only)
Utilt >
  • UpB
Dash Atk >
  • UpB (depends on hitbox)
Uthrow >
  • UpB

she is way too light and floaty to really juggle.

anyhow:

does anyone know the mechanics behind sliding after getting hit in shield? sometimes i would use a smash atk on someone camping ledge trying to bait a shield grab and they would slide off. i can never recreate that in training mode. since that strategy is so prevalent against Lil mac, i was hoping perhaps there was a way to exploit it ie; footstooling them real quick after they slip off
As a Rosalina main myself, I'm not sure if that's suppose to be a good thing or a bad thing when you said she's too light and floaty to juggle with.

Leonyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Leonyx3
3DS FC
2638-1926-1616
I believe that happens when someone lets go of the shield while still being pushed back off the ledge. If someone holds the shield, they won't slide off the ledge.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
As a Rosalina main myself, I'm not sure if that's suppose to be a good thing or a bad thing when you said she's too light and floaty to juggle with.
its a good thing for rosa. she cant be 0 - KO Punched

I believe that happens when someone lets go of the shield while still being pushed back off the ledge. If someone holds the shield, they won't slide off the ledge.
thats what i thought but i cant get it to work

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
I know, it's horrible D:
no its awesome. guaranteed cheap shot ! (dtilt > KOP is now and forever will be referred to as cheap shot)

what if little mac still looked like this?

would he be lower on the tier list??

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
no its awesome. guaranteed cheap shot ! (dtilt > KOP is now and forever will be referred to as cheap shot)

what if little mac still looked like this?

would he be lower on the tier list??
Yeah but I'm a Jiggly main XD

Also, would definitely be bottom tier XD

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
Surprised I've not come to this board yet. Mac's my pocket character who I only really bring out for doubles and match-ups where I'm completely lost as to what to do with Jigglypuff and Lucina. I'm usually pretty alright with him but I don't bring him out enough.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
Sonic 0% true combos

Dtilt >
  • jab
  • upb
  • ftilt
  • utilt (if close)
Utilt >
  • jab
  • upb
Dash Atk >
  • dash atk
  • sideb
  • upb (if close)
0 to KO >
  • :yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi:
unfortunately sonic is too light to easily juggle with dtilts and get a nice cheap shot kill. you can try it but sonic can jump out of it. just get him to 20% and play smart. :4sonic::sonic:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
What do people think about :4littlemac: vs :4yoshi:?

He can run in past eggs, and then once in, Mac's jab eats up Yoshi's 3-frame jab (dtilt trades/clanks?). And then our 4-frame ftilt is going to beat his dsmash (frame 7), usmash (frame 11), and fsmash (frame 14).

Good luck versus that nair off stage though. >_>

Mac always needs confidence to play, but Yoshi looks like someone he can deal with for the mossssttttt parrrttttt........ right?

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
What do people think about :4littlemac: vs :4yoshi:?

He can run in past eggs, and then once in, Mac's jab eats up Yoshi's 3-frame jab (dtilt trades/clanks?). And then our 4-frame ftilt is going to beat his dsmash (frame 7), usmash (frame 11), and fsmash (frame 14).

Good luck versus that nair off stage though. >_>

Mac always needs confidence to play, but Yoshi looks like someone he can deal with for the mossssttttt parrrttttt........ right?
Can eggs be clanked? jab, ftilt, usmash doesnt work for me.

just like sheik matchup, dont get chased offstage. yoshi aint afraid to go deep AF.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Eggs clank weirdly. They have a 1% hitbox that creates a 4% hitbox if the first one isn't clanked out. That means that your move has to deal 9% or more to clank them out. I guess a U-Tilt that's not terribly stale.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
Going to a tourney next month and I may be bringing Mac as my doubles character. My team mate will be using Ganondorf so it'll be a super defensive team that can't go off stage BUT when it hits it'll hit hard.

Top Bottom