• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Decisive Games Mafia: THE NINTENZONE SOCIAL INVASION! Day 4 ends at 3:00 PM EST 6/12/18

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
We don't know that the mafia is just NZoners. That was a theory (I theory I pushed, in fact), but we have no proof either way. It's best to consider alternative theories.

And now you're defending Swamp, too? I thought we were all in agreement he's clearly Mafia.

I've been scum hunting all game. And you know what? I've been wrong most of the time. That's on me. I was wrong most of last game, too. If anything, I think that's why I'm still alive. I keep pushing for the wrong lynch. But I still voted Spak.

You've never voted scum, I've seen no real scum hunting from you, and you're defending our last mafia candidate now that he's the only one left.

##Vote: Chu
Any scum can pretend to scum hunt. I must have hit a trigger because I never even voted for you today, but you're voting for me and ending the day. Huh. Sounds like jumping the gun to me, as I was obviously willing to wait and hear out your response; otherwise I would have just voted for you. And I actually have been scumhunting; you don't recall me going at it with Shish or just last day where I compiled all of the flavor flips?

If Swamp was so clearly mafia, why did you elect to vote Coricus yesterday, when I had already proposed the valid theory that she was a confirmed townie?

It's the majority, just spill the beans, Chu
I really am Eor, and you just lost the game. Sorry that I was right about being Eor? Not sure what to say lol not sure what beans to spill

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Any scum can pretend to scum hunt. I must have hit a trigger because I never even voted for you today, but you're voting for me and ending the day. Huh. Sounds like jumping the gun to me, as I was obviously willing to wait and hear out your response; otherwise I would have just voted for you. And I actually have been scumhunting; you don't recall me going at it with Shish or just last day where I compiled all of the flavor flips?

If Swamp was so clearly mafia, why did you elect to vote Coricus yesterday, when I had already proposed the valid theory that she was a confirmed townie?

I really am Eor, and you just lost the game. Sorry that I was right about being Eor? Not sure what to say lol not sure what beans to spill
Cori was never a confirmed townie. My first theory was Opo and Cori because Opo pushed for Yellow's lynch first. When Opo flipped, it became clear it was Cori and Swamp. Cori had the more suspicious claim to me, and Shish had already voted for Cori, and splitting the votes this late in the game is a mistake, one which cost us the game last time. Same why I'm voting for you now. It's pretty clear to me it's you and Swamp, and you've got the vote already.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Cori was never a confirmed townie. My first theory was Opo and Cori because Opo pushed for Yellow's lynch first. When Opo flipped, it became clear it was Cori and Swamp. Cori had the more suspicious claim to me, and Shish had already voted for Cori, and splitting the votes this late in the game is a mistake, one which cost us the game last time. Same why I'm voting for you now. It's pretty clear to me it's you and Swamp, and you've got the vote already.
Except when you think about it, Cori was.

Yellow flipped Marshy and vanilla, so that makes it incredibly likely that we're going to have a Gorf and it would be impossible for him to be mafia as Marshy was not and our two mafia so far were NZoners.

I proposed that theory and guess what?? It was right lol

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Shish had already voted for Cori/QUOTE]
i actually was the first one to vote, and it was for swamp. then this past night phase i thought about it and concluded he didn't have to be mafia just because he was inactive.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
lol whoops

Shish had already voted for Cori
i actually was the first one to vote, and it was for swamp. then this past night phase i thought about it and concluded he didn't have to be mafia just because he was inactive.

D

Deleted member

Even if you're somehow Town, Chu, it's clear Mafia has only one member left

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Why do you think mafia has only one member?

I'm just asking since I think there's two left, I think 3 mafia and 14 townies would be too lopsided.

D

Deleted member

If you're Town, Mafia could have quick-hammered you after my vote and won the game. Mafia didn't do it, which means they need one more Day phase.

But whatever, I want to see the results first.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
If you're Town, Mafia could have quick-hammered you after my vote and won the game. Mafia didn't do it, which means they need one more Day phase.

But whatever, I want to see the results first.
maybe the mafia is vaan, who just made his first posts today, and crack theory: you, who already voted for me. or swamp (but idk still not decided on him), who hasn't been very active this game.

im really curious to see who the last mafia is/are tho so yeah i want the results too :laugh:

Maven89

Smash Master
It’s me, Gorf just gave the result wrong because he’s illiterate, he’s majoring in playing the piano so you know he’s not smart enough to do anything else

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It’s me, Gorf just gave the result wrong because he’s illiterate, he’s majoring in playing the piano so you know he’s not smart enough to do anything else
I ****ING KNEW IT!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Town roles:

Welcome to the spectator chat!

Town roles:

Pokechu:

Eor, Vanilla Townie

Long before Decisive Games was even a section of the website, there were a group of Smashboards members that played in a room called Forum Games. Members like Eor would play games that were a little more strategic than the silly games you’d find in Forum Games today. This included games like Diplomacy, role playing games, adventure-based games, and of course, Mafia.

The demand for these strategic games were high enough to warrant the attention of administrators, and with the help of Eor, the Decisive Games subforum was created. Here, posts were not counted and standard forum rules were reworked to mesh well with the state of these games. Little did Eor know that his efforts to create a subforum would amount in a room that has lived on for well over 10 years.

What Eor didn’t realize was that an onslaught on outsiders would come in 2018 and shake up the foundation of Decisive Games further than anyone could have anticipated. He may not be actively around anymore, but his legacy lives on. Can the town of DGames thwart the foreign invasion ahead of them and maintain the integrity of the DGames that Eor birthed over a decade ago?

As a Vanilla Townie, you have no powers outside of your voice and vote. You win when all of the mafia has been eliminated.

Shinshœ:

th3kuzinator, Vanilla Townie

You are th3kuzinator! Your ability to find scum is unprecedented, to say the least. You have had more than just a couple of times where you have found an entire scum team within the first 5-10 pages, and just plowed your way through pointing out the scumminess of the mafia team. Even when you’ve been wrong, your keen knack for getting discussion to swirl and really having the mafia expose themselves always makes you a top threat in any game you’re in, and makes you really difficult to pin as either town or scum. It really winds up coming down to lynching who you say to lynch and going from there, doesn’t it?

Aside from that, though, you sure have interesting hobbies. From having been one of the best smash 64 players in the world, to trolling mafia players when their bullheadedness is getting the best of them, there’s plenty of different sides to the Kuz we’ve all come to know. DGames skype chats are always fun when you’re in there, and despite your reign of terror being relatively short, your impact on DGames history will never be forgotten.

As a Vanilla Townie, you have no powers outside of your voice and vote. You win when all of the mafia has been eliminated.

The Stoopid Unikorn:

Swiss, Vanilla Townie

You are Swiss! You have a jerkiness about yourself that only a true Brit can have while still coming off as charming. Your dry sense of humor and quick wit always gets a good laugh out of people, including the people you aim it toward, so ultimately there’s no harm in it! But your unassuming nature serves particularly well in the game of mafia, because you are arguably one of the best players to have ever played the game as mafia! Your cunningness and ability to relate to town, while ultimately being just aloof enough to not be tied to any particularly critical errors with lynches, makes you a serious threat in any game you play, despite the fact that your town play is still very good.

After a couple of years of reigning as a top threat in the room, your appearance in games started to die down. But every now and then, whenever you popped your head into the forums, there would be at least one or two players that knew to watch out really hard for you, and to let the other players know you can be thwarting town’s plan right under their nose without them even knowing it!

Yellowlord:

Marshy, Vanilla Townie

You are Marshy! A rare breed being one of the few DGamers to have truly stood the test of time, you started out as a young buck who would consistently stand as one of town’s stronger assets in a meta that was chock full of great players more than 10 years ago. Then, when the likes of Gorf and Swiss and J came around, you vanished. You joined the U.S military and DGames barely saw any trace of you, despite you being a moderator of the forum.

Then, out of nowhere, you joined a game. To most, you were nothing but a legend in DGames. You started off playing a very passive game, only emerging when you felt like there was something of value to say. You played your cards close to your chest. But as time went on and the state of the meta became clear to you, you took on a role as a vocal and prominent figure in every game you played. Town wanted to be on your good side, and scum wanted to take you out without being too noticeable. But most of all, bad play became intolerable. The early game became about weeding out the players taking up space, while the late game became about tracing back to see how players lined up with whoever has already been revealed through flips. Your play inspired others to try being the biggest voice in the room, and gave DGames mafia a high standard to follow during your period of being active.

Coricus:

Gorf, Vanilla Townie

You are Gorf! The early part of your DGames career is a shining example of what it’s like allowing a big mouthed young teenager free reign on a public internet forum. Your in-game antics with other players can be wildly entertaining for those whose side you’re on, and for those watching from the sidelines. But like many teenagers do, getting carried away was sometimes par for the course. Sometimes, making people mad was just something that happened and could lend to very telling interactions. But other times, it led to unnecessary altercations between you and the person receiving the trolling. As time went on, though, you understood your reputation and molded your mafia playstyle around it. This allowed yourself to be a center of attention in order to garner interactions from the mafia team, and whether people wanted to admit it or not, it could easily lead to mafia exposing themselves.

Being one of the more consistent figures within a long stretch of time led to you really starting to get a footing for the game of mafia. Your deduction skills as a townie are nothing to shake off, but your skills as mafia really came to be your bread and butter. You were able to get a solid handle on separating your alignment from what you can see as being townie or scummy. As a mafia member, you learned that getting all the right reads isn’t important, but it’s about making your efforts appear genuine by lying to yourself about them being genuine. This made you one of the most town-read mafia members in so many games that you finally gained that respect of players unwilling to afford a read on you and keeping you alive, but at a distance, making you often a candidate for one of the last players alive in any game he plays. A fun loving, hard hitting mafia player, if one thing is certain you definitely know how to have a good time.

Z25:

J, Town Jailer

You are J! Your personality is extremely clear in your forum presence, always willing to post emotive gifs relating to your avatar-of-the-month and using feminine onomatopoeia (e.g. bleck, hee hee, xxxxx~~, etc.), and despite the state of a mafia game sometimes becoming very cutthroat, you always seemed to keep a cheerful spirit about yourself. So much so that you eventually became the forum moderator! But that didn’t stop you from developing into one of the most terrifying players when you really got into the groove of things. As a townie, all it took was the right sort of passion to get you wanting to investigate the living daylights out of a thread, and chances are high that when you did it, you’d crack a significant part of the code, if not all of it. You are extremely persistent with your confident reads, and you will post walls upon walls nailing your points in about other players.

But, your upbeat and positive attitude wasn’t without its faults. While you were far from the worst, it’s not a stretch to say that deception as a mafia member wasn’t one of your strong suits. As a member of a team, you never gave up. But it was rare that you really had a strong footing as a member of the mafia whenever you happened to roll it. Maybe you’d get along fine for the first couple of Days, but if someone nailed you, you usually crumbled and had a hard time getting yourself out of that bind. The strongest aspect of your mafia play was that you were not in over your head about your strengths, however, and you were sure able to let your team members play around those shortcomings. It was all worth it, though, whenever you rolled town. Because a shapshooting J was a J to really fear.

As the Town Jailer, you may send me the command Jail: Player X during the Night phase. That player will be protected from being killed at Night, but will also not be able to perform any Night actions if they have the ability to do so. You win when all of the mafia has been eliminated.

Golden Yuiitusin:

Evil Eye, Town Tracker

You are Evil Eye! You are a funny, fun loving bear of a man, and your presence in DGames is one that’s always felt! As one of the most electrifying personalities both in and out of the game, there was an aura felt in your presence. Scum had better find a way to safely get rid of you, or else they may face a post the size of the Emancipation Proclamation itself! But unlike most, you were able to seamless imitate your style despite your alignment. Not only did this make it extremely sinister for any town with you as a mafia member, but that meant that any game that you had a solid investment for would essentially expect to be hit with an onslaught of argument against them. And most of the time, you were able to thwart those who opposed you by just outwording them, let alone your extremely thorough dissection of the interactions that went on in thread. Anybody who had the chance to hydra with you or just talk about the game with you in detail leveled up immensely.

But you weren’t only a mafia player. Most would likely argue that you were the room’s most avid and consistent advocate for Adventure Games (or AGames for short). These were games where you would be put in a sandbox-like environment where you are essentially free to do whatever you want with the character you are assigned, with either an explicit or implied win condition. As the game progresses, you start to learn about the environment that you’re in and the other players you interact with and their objectives, and the game unfolds in wild and ridiculous ways. This really fit your style of writing detailed and well-crafted essays, and was a welcome addition to the DGames culture. DGames would not be the same without you, that is for certain.

As the Town Tracker, you may send me the command Track: Player X during the Night phase. You will receive information about who that player visited during the Night phase, or if they happened to visit anybody at all. You win when all of the mafia team has been eliminated.

God Robert's Cousin:

Ryker, Town Vigilante

You are Ryker! You are the brash, arrogant, picture perfect representation of DGames. Outside of the game, you are a whole lot of fun, willing to spend long nights up just messing around with others online or playing games together or just being a good friend. But in the game, you took on quite the stand out personality. When I think of a loud voice in DGames, Ryker is the first name that comes into my head! You will force your opinions to be front and center regardless of alignment, and gather up a wagon on your scumreads until the town resists you with absolute conviction. Your confidence in your reads have both won town games and lost town games. But if you did learn from your mistakes, you certainly did not learn to take a back seat, because you are front and center for most of the mafia games you’re in. You like to dictate the interactions, you like to prod people and ask everyone questions about what’s on your mind. It was very interesting watching you play the game.

On a mafia team you definitely had a knack for strategy and planning how your team would win, even if it meant that you were going to take a dive. But that’s alright. After all, you knew that on a mafia team it wasn’t about being the shining star, it was about the team win. But your conviction in your thoughts really came through with Night actions. If the town had a strong inking toward doing something and you had the opportunity to help ease town’s head, the town had better hope that their inking aligned with yours, because you’re following your own rules. Nobody tells Ryker what to do. All in all, you had good reads and formed arguments well, but your shining trait was your ability to lead discussion and really get people out of the shadows and into the mood to circulate discussion. Your name strikes a sense of fame and infamy simultaneously.

As the Town Vigilante, you may send me the command Kill: Player X during the Night phase. That player will die the following Day. You win when all of the mafia team has been eliminated.

Opossum:

Xiivi, Vanilla Townie

You are Xiivi! You are a quirky character in the DGames room, that’s for sure. As an administrator, you had much more work in the Smashboards forum as a whole to look after. But for some reason, you decided to do a lot for the room in and of itself. In fact, I think it’s safe to say that most of your contribution to the state of DGames has been from outside the game of mafia itself!

You loved hosting games. So much so, in fact, that I have seen you hosting more games than I’ve seen you actually playing in them. Your games always had a very interesting mechanical or thematic attraction to them, and DGames knew that when you were hosting a game, they should try to get themselves in it. You also introduced mafia to the Green Room! When the Premium status was first being offered, you decided to have light-hearted games of mafia hosted for the members to get a good laugh. Thanks to that, many new players found themselves introduced to the DGames room, like Asdioh and Red Ryu! But arguably your most important contribution to the DGames room was the inception of Newbie Games. These games were specifically designed to be light in roles and filled with new/very inexperienced mafia players. These would take up most of the slots, but two or three more experienced players would also funnel in, as a means of guiding the new players through the mechanics and to give them a hand when it comes to understanding what exactly was going on. This gave players the chance to experience mafia in a more relaxed environment than the cutthroat nature that DGames tended to be. You were a legend in the room for essentially being a solid forum manager, and it’s a shame for those that didn’t get to know you.

Maven89:

Cello_Marl, Vanilla Townie

You are Cello_Marl! Just that name itself sends shivers down the spines of most of the older DGames community. You came to the forum at a time where the games were still strongly played, but towns had a bit of a difficult time organizing their plans of action against the mafia. Accompanied by the likes of Tandora, Mayling and McFox, you guys were all related, with McFox being engaged to and eventually marrying Mayling. The latter three were all just normal DGames kin, but not you. You played the game like a dictator, and showed little personality outside of the game.

When a game started, you essentially had the entire way that a game would proceed outlined and decided. If players defied you, they would feel your wrath. But you were good at what you did. You weren’t the best as mafia, but as town, you were able to pinpoint scum extremely well, even if they were trying to pretend to be buddies with you. You had productive conversations with those who went along with you, but if somebody didn’t, you would essentially ostracize them until they were eventually lynched for not cooperating. Your time in DGames was short lived, but the impact you made was tremendous.

Holder of the Heel:

Overswarm, Vanilla Townie

You are Overswarm! The adopted father of DGames, you are the one person DGamers probably think of when they are asked, “Name one DGamer who wound up being financially and personally successful in real life.” An English major in college, a programmer, a husband and real life father, and a lifelong staple in DGames history, giving financial and existential advice to all of us who really need it, you were really a great guy.

But all of that said, you still had quite the handle on the game of mafia in DGames. As a player, you were very analytical and willing to write up long cases against other players. Yout alanysis was sharp, and your reads were great, but you were arguably the best at being able to break down a complicated setup and find a way to cater the Night actions of other players to best suit town’s needs. But as mafia, oh boy! It’s like the role of mastermind was invented by you! You had a way of knowing how to perfectly execute Night actions and to tell what other townies were thinking of doing, and tell whether or not they had a power role based on how they interacted with others. You were a whiz as mafia, and you are arguably best known for your mafia play in game.

But most would likely argue that your talents were best used as the host! You essentially set the standard for a really good game of mafia that had heavy roles and mechanics implemented. When an Overswarm game came up to the queue, it would fill up instantaneously. People would adjust their schedules just to play in your games, and some of DGames’ fondest memories come from the shenanigans that came about in the games you made. Your ability to rock a player’s mind was unprecedented, and DGames would be a very different room without your influence.

CrusherMania1592:

WashedLaundry, Vanilla Townie

You are WashedLaundry! Your start in DGames was an interesting one. When AllIsBrawl started to go extinct, many of the players from that website needed a home. So players like you, girrafeslasergun, and Vult Redux migrated over to Decisive Games to make it your permanent home. A funny, quick-witted, gif-filled type of guy, you definitely knew how strike a solid balance of having fun in a game while also being a heavy hitter. Everyone knew to expect to see some ridiculous sorts of gifs to come out of your wealth of them during the game, and laughs were abundant. Outside of the game, you were a good guy to talk to and you were a big part in getting DGames to have regular skype sessions.

In the game of mafia, you had a style of interaction that made it really difficult for the majority of town to read you as mafia. In fact, regardless of your alignment, most people would read you as town! You came off as very genuine in your approach to hunting for scum, and you were very thorough in your investigations. You were willing to hear out other players and consider other options, and your changes in reads were very organic. This was something that you were easily able to adopt to your scum play, though, which made you a big threat to watch out for, and put you in the category of “trust this guy with a grain of salt,” a place that cements your place as a great player of the game.

Scum roles are in the scum chat and for some awful reason I can't copy paste in smashboards and I didn't write them in a word document, so you can go to that pm to see their roles (or someone can copy paste them here if they really want to lol)

#HBC | Gorf

mafia roles

Spak,

You are RamOne, Mafia Goon! You think it's funny trying to take over Decisive Games, just to join the first game they host for you and then casually back out of playing it?! You better count your blessings and hope you successfully take over DGames, because they don't take to that lightly!

As Mafia Goon, you have the ability to send your team’s Night Kill by sending the command Kill: Player X in the scum chat. At the beginning of the next Day, that person will show up dead. You win when the number of living mafia members is greater than or equal to the number of alive town members.

vaanrose,

You are LoneKonWolf, Mafia Goon! You think you're hot stuff don't you? You think you can just waltz into DGames and pretend you're not taking part in the invasion and just casually say that Natz isn't taking part in the mafia game? Well too bad, your influence is felt regardless, and you better hope the takeover is successful for your sake!

As Mafia Goon, you have the ability to send your team’s Night Kill by sending the command Kill: Player X in the scum chat. At the beginning of the next Day, that person will show up dead. You win when the number of living mafia members is greater than or equal to the number of alive town members.

BarDulL,

You are AEMehr, Mafia Goon! Well aren't you Mr. "I'm too good to play in the mafia game," with your being pinged to play the game and just casually denying the request? THIS IS AN EVENT THAT WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY, AND YOU'RE TOO GOOD TO TAKE PART IN IT?! Shame on you, AEMehr. You better hope your comrades successfully take over DGames, or else it'll be lights out for you!

Swampasaur,

You are Natz, Mafia Role Cop. You think just because a tree fell on your head that your backing out of the game would be taken lightly?! THINK AGAIN! I doubt you realize the severity of what you've done here. You looked like one of the most enthusiastic, well-intentioned people on the site, all just to quit the game before it starts?! I can come up with better excuses to back out of a game, I don't need a friggin tree to drop on my head! You better hope the invasion is successful, or else it'll be more than trees knocking you unconscious!

As Mafia Role Cop, you may send me the action Investigate: Player X during the Night phase. You will be told what role that person has. You also have the ability to send your team’s Night Kill by sending the command Kill: Player X in the scum chat. At the beginning of the next Day, that person will show up dead. You win when the number of living mafia members is greater than or equal to the number of alive town members.

The game will be played here:

https://smashboards.com/threads/dec...one-social-invasion-day-start-pending.455161/

Good luck!

Safeclaims (you know that these characters are not characters that town have):

Acrostic. He's not well known for playing the game at all, but he is definitely a figure that pops up from time to time in the social thread and makes his thoughts on topics and things well known and articulated.

Gheb_01, an Austrian DGamer who has gone through spurts of activity for almost the entirety of the DGames forum existing. He is a pretty pompous guy when it comes to others challenging his reads in silly ways and had a knack for getting particularly salty when town loses and he was right, but he was a cool dude and was really nice when you got to know him.

Chuckie, a hydra account between vanderzant and Kataefi. A hydra was an account used to play a game of mafia that was helmed by two different players. These two players alone were far from bad, but most would not put them as the best mafia players the site has seen. But when these two players played as Chuckie, you knew that they'd make a huge splash. Despite all of the different combinations seen, these two were arguably the best.

SwordsRBroken, a player that is a staple figure in DGames despite having been known for not being very good at the game at all. He is one of the more ancient members to have done something absolutely crazy for no reason: he counterclaimed as the town DayVig (vigilante that can shoot during the Day) and then immediately got shot by the real DayVig for claiming that. It was one of the first truly historic DGames events for being absolutely insane.

I will try to think of at least a few more, if you would like more of a description about these guys though, feel free to ask!

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

so my shoddy explanation for why this game was hosted so badly is that 1) i had zero planning involved and wanted to seize the opportunity to host a fat game with a bunch of new blood and 2) things got SUPER real for no reason like when i came back from vacation. to compare, my past month before my vacation i was basically sitting around doing little to nothing after i graduated college and had no work. i thought my life would kind of have that sort of vibe, with maybe a bit more work sprinkled in. but nah. so i am sorry that the hosting of the game was a mess.

that being said

you guys dont play mafia. what you guys play comparatively different to mafia in a similar way to call of duty being comparably different to goldeneye on the n64. the basic concept is clearly there, but my thought is that the game is just so different in mechanical execution that it made you guys formulate an optimal unfolding that does NOT translate well to traditional mafia. i cant knock the way you guys play. but i can bet that if you go to any corner of the internet that has an established group of players that play forum mafia, youll find a game much more similar in mechanics to this one. night talk is unorthodox. expecting everyone to have a role is unorthodox. massclaiming at the beginning of the game is unorthodox. just throwing the noose around is unorthodox. the most orthodox play here was golden withholding his tracker claim until he got a bingo on spak.

i can go on about the lack of understanding the implementation of social deduction in place of just trying to play the game out with roles and mechanics but it's not a matter worth raising unless you found yourself intrigued by the idea of using argumentative skills as the core of your game of mafia. if you do, then feel free to shoot me a pm and ill discuss. there are plenty of things in the spectator chat that i go into further detail about when it comes to that topic, but for example, the notion that maven is mafia because bardull and spak were mafia so it must be a dgames mafia is completely ridiculous in the concept of a fair game of mafia. maven's post before he died where he listed his who's and why's on his reads on players is the biggest piece of evidence toward the social deduction aspect. he got vaan wrong because vaan played well. but he nailed swamp with good reasoning.

again, i cant hate on the fact that you guys dont play the same game as us (or pretty much all mafia communities, for that matter) and arent used to it. heck playing with 1 on 1 night chats seems like a super neat idea. i had a game idea once that was based around sitting around a campfire and you being able to communicate with the people sitting next to you at night (the positions of the players were not publicly known), and when players died off your lines of communication opened. but again, that isnt traditional mafia. so the culture clash was real.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
It's true that many mafia communities play a more conventional set up akin to Gorf's. For example, there's a forum mafia championships that is hosted every year that brings out representatives from a plethora of forum mafia communities. They are all fairly competitive, and they have a big contest to decide the top mafia players each year.

But the sandbox version that NZ plays is still very much fun though. I encourage trying both from time to time, but people have their preferences, and that's fine too.

I had fun even though I got RNG lynched, which was lead by Holder who misinterpreted God Robert's Cousin's admittedly peculiar single post of the game (God Robert's Cousin has confirmed that he did not mean to imply that he was a power role).

Scum won, but, uh, I don't think it was for the right reasons, so it is what it is I guess. :awesome:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
so my shoddy explanation for why this game was hosted so badly is that 1) i had zero planning involved and wanted to seize the opportunity to host a fat game with a bunch of new blood and 2) things got SUPER real for no reason like when i came back from vacation. to compare, my past month before my vacation i was basically sitting around doing little to nothing after i graduated college and had no work. i thought my life would kind of have that sort of vibe, with maybe a bit more work sprinkled in. but nah. so i am sorry that the hosting of the game was a mess.

that being said

you guys dont play mafia. what you guys play comparatively different to mafia in a similar way to call of duty being comparably different to goldeneye on the n64. the basic concept is clearly there, but my thought is that the game is just so different in mechanical execution that it made you guys formulate an optimal unfolding that does NOT translate well to traditional mafia. i cant knock the way you guys play. but i can bet that if you go to any corner of the internet that has an established group of players that play forum mafia, youll find a game much more similar in mechanics to this one. night talk is unorthodox. expecting everyone to have a role is unorthodox. massclaiming at the beginning of the game is unorthodox. just throwing the noose around is unorthodox. the most orthodox play here was golden withholding his tracker claim until he got a bingo on spak.

i can go on about the lack of understanding the implementation of social deduction in place of just trying to play the game out with roles and mechanics but it's not a matter worth raising unless you found yourself intrigued by the idea of using argumentative skills as the core of your game of mafia. if you do, then feel free to shoot me a pm and ill discuss. there are plenty of things in the spectator chat that i go into further detail about when it comes to that topic, but for example, the notion that maven is mafia because bardull and spak were mafia so it must be a dgames mafia is completely ridiculous in the concept of a fair game of mafia. maven's post before he died where he listed his who's and why's on his reads on players is the biggest piece of evidence toward the social deduction aspect. he got vaan wrong because vaan played well. but he nailed swamp with good reasoning.

again, i cant hate on the fact that you guys dont play the same game as us (or pretty much all mafia communities, for that matter) and arent used to it. heck playing with 1 on 1 night chats seems like a super neat idea. i had a game idea once that was based around sitting around a campfire and you being able to communicate with the people sitting next to you at night (the positions of the players were not publicly known), and when players died off your lines of communication opened. but again, that isnt traditional mafia. so the culture clash was real.
swag

think of it like poker. someone whos bluffing might scratch their cheek or do some kind of mannerism that betrays the motivation behind their actions. depending on the gamestate and player that may b a tell that theyre hiding ****. dayplay in mafia youre looking for tells and evidence pointing to ppls alignment which can vary depending on which metrics you use along with other variables

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
honestly this game was boring

not cause of the whole vanilla thing and no 1 on 1 nght tlaks, i don't mind that one bit i played werewolf in real life, though i do admit it made waiting a lot more tiresome, and the actual game itself had some cool moments, i especially loved how vaan played, have no complaints for that scary guy lol, played amazing and was able to keep his buddy alive, teamwork and not ditchign, i love that really

but rather the reason this game bombed for me, was cause gorf was an awful host here

he didn't even bother to tag people to let them know a day happened, he could of cleared up many inactives but just literally listing tags, and when he literally thought about host killing woomy out of inactivity was a complete problem when she had no idea the game was going on dued to all the crazy e3 crap, when ya take a kill over just simple shout out thats a ****ing problem

i still can't get over his offense to shimachu for ****posting with a dead player, that really was uncalled for no matter how ya slice it

also having no set in schedule made it even harder to follow up with this game at all, as it changes dued to the auto lynches, sure it would cause longer wait but actually havign a set in schedule would let those who are actually here able to keep a same time for consistency and pattern

his layout for dropping info was also hard to read and required over looking to get the improtanted stuff, when i died i couldn't even tell i died at all cause it was buried in the middle without any clear outlliner

and marshy, despite being his co-host who was suppose to help him run this game to ensure it was a nice game, did nothing as far as i can tell and wasn't even actually following the game and simply came by every few days to catch up

the game concept isn't wat bored me, its for the fact it was runned so poorly is what really turned me off and made this whole thing....messy

as a welcoming game here, this really is a poor start in my opinion

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
If we're comparing the game to Poker, if this game is 5 card stud, then the NZone way is 7 card Hold 'em.

I personally enjoy being able to see five of the cards in any given player's hand. It's what they do with the last two that makes all the difference.

I know I complained about the game early on as it was running (even as mafia I struggled to know how to make the first move, and I really empathized with some of the players who were inactive this game despite usually being more active in our games), but by the end once I was more acclimated to it I enjoyed it. I will say that I think it's easier to play scum in this setup than in ours, even considering I was on the team to end a game in three phases. That might just be because most the players aren't used to the setup, but I feel like when everybody has a power role it really keeps the mafia more on their toes.

Yellowlord Yellowlord Sorry for grilling then killing you. You were the one target I felt guilty about pushing.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Idk about you guys, but I find this interesting that the day time is one 36 hours and night is 12 instead of the usual 24/24 each. This will be interesting to see how the game will be played this time around
Just to start the ball rolling on community differences: For real?

Day phases here have typically been anywhere from 5 to 10 days long.

Maven89

Smash Master
When our games are more focused on discussion, the more discussion the better. It makes things like Poke and Shishoe’s argument on day 2 not take that much of the day phase. Plus many of us have jobs and not too much time to play, so having a week means we can all contribute. That is also normal on most places that play mafia l

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
the more you talk bout other places of fourm mafia the more other fourm mafia sounds more and more like chores

why do that when you can just go play werewolf, do the same thing that takes a month in a half hour to an hour

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
.....sure, cause waiting a whole week to do something other than talk to the same people over the same topics sounds like a **** load of fun

damn the culture clash is real

Maven89

Smash Master
Complain about mafia all you want, it’s your forum now, you can play any game you want. Only thing is that when Thingyman comes by in a year to ask for Dgames to send a representative to the championship, don’t send one

Maven89

Smash Master
There’s like 3 of us that can be active. I’m still here and I’m going to join your games, but yeah there’s not enough for us to play our games or anything

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
well...meh i'm pretty sure all of us are still willing to play your guys games

like look thorugh what the nzers are syaing here, it was odd for us to adapt but we liked it

my literal only problem was cause of gorf, not the game itself

just cause theres clash and adapting involved of looking through doesn't mean we want to reject and not play standard games of your guys sets

thats what a community is afterall multiple people with multiple styles

EDIT:
unless ya meant somethign else completley and that flew over my head cause i'm an idiot :V trust me that happens a lot with me

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
There’s like 3 of us that can be active. I’m still here and I’m going to join your games, but yeah there’s not enough for us to play our games or anything
A part of me just died inside. :(

I feel like there's more, but generally they're just too busy to commit unless it's a good month...maybe?

Meh.

I guess my optimism is unfounded as of late.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
What do you Dgamers think of the game I hosted that was a FFA?

D

Deleted member

Also, @GoldenYuiitusin how did you know to track me N2?
I don't exactly remember what it was that you said before, but something about what you said or the way you said it made me suspicious of you.

So I went with my suspicion and got lucky that you happened to be the one killing that night.
Could have easily went wrong with someone else doing the kill.

Top Bottom