• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death?

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
A lot of the words in the original greak and hebrew translations of the bible are what we should be considering. for instance in the original greek scriptures the word "stauros" is used instead of cross or pole.in classical greek this word means upright pole or a steak. also when it says god created the world in "6 days", the word day or days in greek means a period of time not neccisarily 24 hours. so it could have very well been created from 6 24 hour "days" or 6 1000 year "days". I agree 100% with peeze. The bible also does say to stay away from idols. for instance, in Leviticus 26:1 "you must make no idols; you must set neither carved image nor standing-stone" also in 2 corinthians 6 16 it says "the temple of God has has no common ground with idols".

psicicle

Smash Ace
The arguments of weather there is an afterlife is petty.

Sure you can not prove the being of afterlife, but can you prove the being of your life? NO! You can not prove that we are alive to begin with. And weather you give me any scientific proof of life, BullCRAP! Science is based on the theory existence , but can you give any base to exisitence? NO! Because existence is nothing more then a theoretical realm of thought. And weather physically we are alive or dead does not deter what life really is. Life is the ability to think and the ownership of thought.To die is to not think, but why would we suddenly not think?So when we we die, our lives just leave the theoretical realm of existence and into a different place. So the afterlife is true if we accept our lives ,current, is true.

Typing this makes me feel stupid. well any way this is just a short summery of an exerpt on theories I am working on covering the basis of truth.
EDIT: As you see I am a die-hard idealist(i think that is how it is spelled?).
NOTE: To all those people who say catholic traditions have copied off pagens: Do youu see the Mcdonald's "M" well those, according to your logic, are the golden arches of Babylon like the ones in the bible. THOSE whoe eat at Mcdonalds are devills! mwahahahahahahaha

ohhhhhh.... and petre I agree with you but get better reasons. If I were opposing you I can easily discredit your information, so think it true.
Well, back to the last post dealing with death...

The only thing that anybody knows for sure is their own existence.

Nobody can really give a scientific proof of life because it is DEFINED by science; it is an axiom. We don't know 100% that everybody else is really alive and thinking, but most people assume and doing so makes you a little happier.

Scientifically speaking, I feel that the existence of other life is axiomic in nature (we base out lives on it). It is like knowing that 1+1=2 in mathematics. It is a basic assumption from which mathematics builds and eventually you get calculus and number theory. Like math, we build on this assumption that other people exist and feel empathy.

Why would we suddenly not think at death? Because as far as anyone knows, our perception is simply a bunch of chemical reactions. At death, these reactions stop and therefore perception stops.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
when you die ya don't go to "hell" or "heaven" those are make-believe places. if you really want to know what being dead is like..... then kill yourself..... or go to sleep, which is close enough for me.....

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Suicide? HA! Yeah right Alpha! I have still way too much stuff I wanna do before I passover to the afterlife.

Randomness! Has anyone read a little bit of Dante's Inferno? It's when he dreams that he goes to the 9 circles of Hades.

Top Bottom