• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia - Game Thread - Ovah

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Next, the case will be i hard defensed a townie! WHOOA HOW SLAM BE SUCH A PROPHET!?!? MUST BE SCUM!

No, 50+ games 30 of which are TL games will do that for you

TL left this meta in 2013

Damdred

Smash Rookie
##Vote Aoi Inu

I dislike the vote that they threw down on the lead wagon it doesn't feel like they are trying to figure out the game, it feels more like just trying to have your vote somewhere safe and not under the microsoft. Sheeped all day, I would like some shenanigans over.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
##Vote Aoi Inu

I dislike the vote that they threw down on the lead wagon it doesn't feel like they are trying to figure out the game, it feels more like just trying to have your vote somewhere safe and not under the microsoft. Sheeped all day, I would like some shenanigans over.
Look at this

It is the TL disease. TL hates ryu

Sorry ryu it is zen fault he will make your victory very achievable by your partners; just push me a clear town has me pegged

Is ez

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah you're right. It doesn't make you look good at all Alakaslam. I suspect the other anti-kira team to be four members and not three, which I thought to be the mafia.

And yet, if you're scum, why would you go right out and say something so bad? Sigh.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Well, because I am not, but being townie is being honest.

And hell, if that is an assumption, maybe it should change; I love portal

Looooooove portal

So my first real non-newbie game was Aperture Mafia 2: Part 2

My role: P-Body

Blazinghand's role: Companion Cube

Thrawn2112's role (if I remember correctly): Pokémon Trainer Red

Ronike

Smash Ace
*sigh* Wanted to be here more for end of day, but had car issues and I know deadline is coming up, so wanna get a vote in.

##Unvote
##Vote Gorf

If you have legit IRL johns, my apologies friend. But you should have made at least some time to explain yourself. At least now you have time for finals though :bee:

Ronike

Smash Ace
Also? Alakaslam makes sooooo much sense! He truly is the prophet
Oh wait, no scratch that, reverse it. :reverse: What the hell is Slam even saying? Can someone translate for me? Please?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Scratch that sin
Bingo was more directed at mac, he was in the game. Basically I had a scumcase on ronike with one of the centerpieces being that he lied about my reasoning, I end up getting quicklynched and when ronike flips he was scum. In the green room he admitted he was making **** up.

I'll directly quote what he said I said and what I said when I get a chance, heading to work this moment.
Scratch that, won't have a chance to find it before I start work and owing the looming deadline I won't have any time before the gameday ends.

Ronike

Smash Ace
@ Ronike Ronike Hey man. Any quick thoughts on recent events?
My gratuitous apologies, I somewhat lack the time to go back and extensively read over the day like I had planned to. That being said, the biggest thing that stands out to me is your Holder push.

Honestly? If it weren't for one particular thing, I wouldn't really see the case at all, as Holder has been active, engaged, and fairly interesting. HOWEVER, his gambit moving onto Ryu was kind of weird, especially as he didn't follow up on it at all. BUT EVEN MORE SO, you point out in your post, he moved his vote over to Ryu, and then left it there, even after rather thoroughly defending him. And out of all your points, this is the one Holder flat out, completely ignores. Doesn't even mention just forgetting to switch his vote or anything, just out and out ignores, and then seemingly tries to find anything else to talk about for the rest of the day, jumping onto slam, doing more setup speculation, and just deflecting into questions aimed at other people. All of the sudden, seems rather scummy to me.

Maybe, 37:63 scum:town ratio. Honestly, if we had time to swing the lynch over there, I'd say do it, but we don't have the time or personel I think.

Slam is just an entirely null read to me, I cannot understand his play, which will be a problem for me going forward I think. Hopefully someone can help? Please? :awesome:

Rajam is garbage and I agree with sentiments to have Vig off him.

Find myself extensively wondering what Bingo mafia people are talking about, and would like said game linked myself.

DtjCrinkle (or w/e) isnt my favorite either. Strikes me as coasting, though may just be busy. Templar at this point Ive resigned myself to the fact that he prolly will get replaced as he cant get onto the site or w/e.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ronike you jerk I've shown you nothing but love.

I defended that point of contention with TRG because I thought his case was bad, I've already said repeatedly that I didn't really like Aoi; TRG was the opposite of me, I was more concerned with the why rather than the who, the reverse of which is questionable to me. Also the reason why it was left there was answered when I spoke of how I've not exactly been putting that much effort into playing and reading the game, an excuse, but an answer all the same.

I even said it was a trivial test, why would I do a whole with it? Literally how it happened was that I was in the middle of replying to him, was about to say, "What if I put my vote onto Aoi right now so suddenly would you even think it strange?" but instead of giving him a question that he could just easily answer how he pleases, I backspaced it all and voted to see for myself. It's not like TRG gave me anything at all that I could play with if you read his reactions.

Anyways, apparently if I start trying to try when someone says I'm not it is still wrong so I dunno what to do. :p

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The only odd thing about TRG's reactions is that after the fact he said that your huge ass post was partially to blame for it, but he didn't post in acknowledgement of it until after the second post in reaction he gave me so that was a lie. But the rest of that explanation post sounded reasonable enough.

Ronike

Smash Ace
So first, a disclaimer. I have a lot of **** going on tonight, and so in favor of reading everything thoroughly and not responding or writing, which A) would take a lot of time I don't have and B) result in me not posting, I am not reading as thoroughly as I could, and am not really going back and looking into things as much as I should, but rather making notes to myself to do so later. As is the case with your little gambit. That being said...

Ronike you jerk I've shown you nothing but love.
See, you've also been doing this a non-zero amount. When I played my first mafia game, this was exactly what one of the scum team did to me, so that I would feel like a jerk for doing something like going against someone who was nice. Well WRONG MOVE BUCKO! This just makes me want to be a jerk and look at you even more! ;)

But seriously, don't like that you are doing this, and intend to go back and make a list of all the times you've done it... at some point.

I defended that point of contention with TRG because I thought his case was bad, I've already said repeatedly that I didn't really like Aoi; TRG was the opposite of me, I was more concerned with the why rather than the who, the reverse of which is questionable to me. Also the reason why it was left there was answered when I spoke of how I've not exactly been putting that much effort into playing and reading the game, an excuse, but an answer all the same.
I have made a note to go back and look at this interaction when I later have time, but if, as Ran said, you convincingly defended Ryu, why did you then get on his wagon? You can say laziness to a point, but the fact remains your vote stayed longer than would suggest just a gambit.

I even said it was a trivial test, why would I do a whole with it? Literally how it happened was that I was in the middle of replying to him, was about to say, "What if I put my vote onto Aoi right now so suddenly would you even think it strange?" but instead of giving him a question that he could just easily answer how he pleases, I backspaced it all and voted to see for myself. It's not like TRG gave me anything at all that I could play with if you read his reactions.
The whole point of a gambit is to get something with which to point at and say "See? He demonstrably does this in this case!" With which you then use as a point of discussion and more often than not as a clincher to a case. Now that may just be the metagame here and not on TL, but it still strikes me as odd that you went to the trouble of doing so and did not make a deal out of it. As I say, may just be the case of a differing meta game, and again, it is something I noted to go back and look at later, when I have time.

Anyways, apparently if I start trying to try when someone says I'm not it is still wrong so I dunno what to do. :p
Admittedly this is a good thing to have done, but you do have to admit, you did very suddenly jump onto many different topics, rather than just sticking and following through with one. Maybe trying too hard, maybe trying to shift conversation away from you. After all, its hard to point the finger at the guy pointing the finger at you, and still be taken seriously.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I mean, he said in "middle" of the discussion and afterwards he said that we'd have to agree to disagree and such things so I guess he isn't wrong, forgot about the two snippets passed between us right before I went away to pass out lol.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The only odd thing about TRG's reactions is that after the fact he said that your huge *** post was partially to blame for it, but he didn't post in acknowledgement of it until after the second post in reaction he gave me so that was a lie.

Holder you are being mighty difficult. :glare:

My interest in the convo stopped after your #457, which was one post after I responded to the wall.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Like real talk Holder your insistence to keep linking me back to your test is getting old and the longer it goes on the more I can't help but question your real intentions here. You've already called me out for being biased, and now a lair apparently, so if you think my actions are making you think I may be scum then you need to just come out and say it instead of beating around the bush.

Otherwise I have 0 idea why you're still attacking me for this. It reads like a very strange, passive-aggresive attempt to put me in a bad light.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
See, you've also been doing this a non-zero amount. When I played my first mafia game, this was exactly what one of the scum team did to me, so that I would feel like a jerk for doing something like going against someone who was nice. Well WRONG MOVE BUCKO! This just makes me want to be a jerk and look at you even more! ;)

But seriously, don't like that you are doing this, and intend to go back and make a list of all the times you've done it... at some point.
This is certainly quite the different crowd I'm used to playing with. I'm used to being friendly and joking here and there to have fun, and if I say just one line like that you look into it this much? You jerk. And by love I meant seeing you as town which I thought would've been clear.

I have made a note to go back and look at this interaction when I later have time, but if, as Ran said, you convincingly defended Ryu, why did you then get on his wagon? You can say laziness to a point, but the fact remains your vote stayed longer than would suggest just a gambit.
Defended him from the case... From. The. Case. When I pointed that out TRG said there was more to it than that backing-up. I couldn't really press that because there's no way I could've defended Aoi in general. I don't need a reason to deconstruct arguments, I just don't like things that seem untrue. And another thing I apparently have to repeat, it wasn't just the test, but as I just implied, Aoi was a viable option to lynch. I already wasn't incredibly keen on who should step out the door, I only had a pool of people that I knew who needs to stay.

The whole point of a gambit is to get something with which to point at and say "See? He demonstrably does this in this case!" With which you then use as a point of discussion and more often than not as a clincher to a case. Now that may just be the metagame here and not on TL, but it still strikes me as odd that you went to the trouble of doing so and did not make a deal out of it. As I say, may just be the case of a differing meta game, and again, it is something I noted to go back and look at later, when I have time.
Exactly, you're forming your own idea of something and trying to force me into it. And "the trouble of doing so"? I literally typed a players name with some hashtags. When I'm townie (I've only ever been townie, so rather "when I play mafia") I do and say whatever comes to mind. I'm not calculating anything and I don't think I need to with this alignment UNLESS it involves divulging information that can hurt us. Obviously that was not one of those cases.

Admittedly this is a good thing to have done, but you do have to admit, you did very suddenly jump onto many different topics, rather than just sticking and following through with one. Maybe trying too hard, maybe trying to shift conversation away from you. After all, its hard to point the finger at the guy pointing the finger at you, and still be taken seriously.
There's literally nothing one can say to this and you know it.

Holder you are being mighty difficult. :glare:

My interest in the convo stopped after your #457, which was one post after I responded to the wall.
You're going to ignore the post that came after that? :p I acknowledged my mistake.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Like real talk Holder your insistence to keep linking me back to your test is getting old and the longer it goes on the more I can't help but question your real intentions here. You've already called me out for being biased, and now a lair apparently, so if you think my actions are making you think I may be scum then you need to just come out and say it instead of beating around the bush.

Otherwise I have 0 idea why you're still attacking me for this. It reads like a very strange, passive-aggresive attempt to put me in a bad light.
I wouldn't be talking about this if others wouldn't keep bringing it up, or haven't you noticed that people are doing that? This is also the second post that didn't acknowledge my corrective post following the one you quoted.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Do you think I am scum Holder? Yes or no?

I don't care about any of the other stuff. Just want a simple yes or no answer, cause all of this other stuff about your test has been nothing but a distraction from your main intent here.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
This was rushed. I also agree with what Ronike said above.

It was addressing me, so naturally I responded. It was just a RVS vote so I understood that it didn't mean anything to keep it there.
It was not just you, but TRG as well.

I've already stated that I'm not comfortable with Bats and he's probably by default the person I'd be most okay with going (as in, very expendable) because I do not understand how he fits into this game, so you're lying here. The same can be applied to you since you claim to be similar. In fact, you yourself have been quiet/terse throughout much of the game, and Bats only got town points because apparently being oblivious is a sign of being town even though people have been saying that in all his aggression he was never actually useful. You say townies can be in outside-communications "that is not so", but you do realize that no one has any proof of this? I can't just say that you're telling the truth just because. I've no proof to the contrary, which is why it's insufficient evidence, but it goes both ways I'm afraid.
I was busy. Anything I did was pro-town. Plus at the time nothing was really sticking out to me. Only when I re-read was when I noticed your suspiciousness. You say that you expect most mafia to be solo, but I actually expect a few mafia to be spread out through a few rooms. Remember how Light worked on the investigation team to seem like he was the good guy? I would think it'd work like that. But what you are saying isn't really PROOF because you don't have rooms with all confirmed town anyways. Again you are the only person pushing this angle.

Also I already gave an explanation as to why I view there's a good chance being in a group is a definitive feature of someone strictly aligned to the town. All townies can look at their role PM and know that there are multiple groups against kira/mafia and it is easy to grasp what the characters are and size (Kyryk even flat out said this at the very beginning) and one of them has already been confirmed to be half the roster. We also know the mafia is going to have a traditional group. You do not fit if you aren't in contact with anyone, I have every reason to think that at the present moment.
I don't think you can have a solid conclusion without all the pieces at this time. Plus people can use simple ol' fashioned reads as well to help them, not just setup analysis like you have been doing.

Indeed, I've not been very motivated to play this game. Wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for Zenny approaching about it, reminding me later of that approach, and his game being centered around my favorite manga, hence my interest in the set-up. I was never particularly good, and this is going to go doubly so on the first day of a game where things are much more serious than the games I'm typically used to. This is an excuse rather than a reason, but it's all I can give you. If it's not enough, then very well. But if a lack of presence/influence in this game is indicative of scumminess, then I also assume you can find my "scum partners" right here and now then yes?
That's fine, I think you should stay. You are a good player. It's just that you are mafia. Also, no johns. You can't pull the newb card now, in a game that requires you to have 5 games of experience.

Wrong. It was after me accusing TRG. Though indeed the point in itself was to try and make TRG realize that he wasn't thinking clearly because the vote in itself, rather than who it was on, as I intended and immediately stated, wasn't very good.

Also if you're going to try and make me feel wrong about not acknowledging Alakaslam, then it is a futile effort.
It wasn't that clear to me. If you were accusing him, you should have voted him, but you never did.

Mechanically stating events is fine and all but what is your actual point? No one at that point had received any point in liking that slot. Also you've been saying that I've said little up to that point, so my having no mentioned someone who also said very little is to be expected.
I'm saying that you never actually talked about the issue of leaving your vote on Red Ryu even though you never suspected him... and you use 'dislike' of ryu to cover for that. ("Oh I have my vote on him still... and btw I kinda dislike him anyway so it's ok right?")

Hiding or not around. Seriously, I cannot conclude anything on him and the only reaction he said he was that he wondered where the case was, then voted saying he was wishy-washy. What specifically did you want me to see that is actually notable?
Yes you could have. You could have said 'town or scum' and looking from your initial reaction to my read, you had a slight town read on him that seemed to change.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Investigate Holder.

TRG is town.

I am confused as to why Damdred has yet to comment on Ran v Holder.

Vig Raj/Alaka

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Do you think I am scum Holder? Yes or no?

I don't care about any of the other stuff. Just want a simple yes or no answer, cause all of this other stuff about your test has been nothing but a distraction from your main intent here.
No.

But seriously, don't ignore posts and think I'm trying to talk about you more. People were literally just saying how I completely dropped it and how I've recently been talking about everything else but that, and when I acknowledge it when someone else brings it up, you accuse me of being passive aggressive, quoting a post I corrected? At no point does that make sense.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
No.

But seriously, don't ignore posts and think I'm trying to talk about you more. People were literally just saying how I completely dropped it and how I've recently been talking about everything else but that, and when I acknowledge it when someone else brings it up, you accuse me of being passive aggressive, quoting a post I corrected? At no point does that make sense.
Not ignoring anything.

Even though you corrected yourself your willingness to just straight up call me a liar shows that you're distrustful of me, which tells me you think I could very well be scum. It's that simple.

I'm just trying to get straight to the heart of the issue here so we can stop with this nonsense and go back to scumhunting.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Investigate Holder.
Please do, this is simply annoying. I look forward to quoting your declaration that I'm scum when the truth is revealed. It's unsightly to remove all doubt when in truth you've no proper basis to reach such certainty. Also I never said I was a noob, I'm not sure why you insisted on making that up. I said my games are different from this, TRG can back that statement up because he has access to everything I've done.

Not ignoring anything.

Even though you corrected yourself your willingness to just straight up call me a liar shows that you're distrustful of me, which tells me you think I could very well be scum. It's that simple.

I'm just trying to get straight to the heart of the issue here so we can stop with this nonsense and go back to scumhunting.
Anyone could very well be scum. I recommend you have that outlook as well, if you're town that means you don't know the alignments of others.

Also if you want the nonsense to end, talk to the people bringing it up dude. :laugh: If you have looked at the situation and ignored nothing like you claim, you would see this. If you can beat everyone on your own in a different Kira game, you surely can grasp things pretty well (I've not read very much of it to be honest).

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
In fact, TRG could go back right now and discover that my playstyle is exactly this if he really wanted to. But if I'm getting checked, there's no need.

Top Bottom