• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia - Game Thread - Ovah

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
@ Damdred Damdred , who the **** is scum? I've seen you looking at the thread multiple times today and have been hoping you'd eventually post something of merit... but nahhhh

not a good look for you

@#HBC | Gorf, V/LA is unfortunate, you might end up dead =/

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
I wish this site had filters so I could quote stuff with less effort.

I voted him originally because someone said people should claim and he agreed very easily. I was against claiming d1 but people weren't having it. Then I kept voting him because he sheeped people that I didn't agree were sheepable. I not sure it's the best vote considering he's posted more than probably half the people here, but I can't off the top of my head recall one original contribution coming from him.

Slam isn't posting anything like I've seen him post on TL. Templar isn't posting at all when he's usually one of the post-y-ier people in any game.

They might actually be better votes.

Damdred

Smash Rookie
I guess i'm just used to a faster game which lets me develop reads at a faster pace, and d1 is my weakest day. But besides that just been taking notes going forward I suppose.

Ryu has a decent shot I think at being scum. Ky is possibly scum as well, and Slam is a scum.

Damdred

Smash Rookie
Actually yeah, Templar is a bit weird. He generally posts a ton with large wall of texts in my experience as town, and is just lurking this game. It really goes against what he likes to do. But hes just a policy lynch without anything to go on.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I don't understand why some of you are so hung up on meaningless page 1 RNG shenanigans when we blatantly have scummier play staring us in the face...

After my wagon gained momentum one more person conveniently hopped on without giving any explanation, other than "I agree with Garg."
##The Real Gamer
Then to seem like he's actually scumhunting he asks a meaningless question that doesn't take a stance on anything.

Why would both Garg and Gorf be scum with the interactions they have had?
Then after Kuz makes the following post all of the sudden "WHOAH WAIT GARG vs GORF IS ACTUALLY REALLY SUSPICIOUS GUYS I AGREE WITH KUZ NOW." Huge red flag here.

well, im not 1000% gorf is scum, but i know garg is.

his phrasing on his attack on gorf activated that specific scumdar tell that is pretty much never wrong. its not that he's reaching, which he kinda is, but its the way he phrased it. he's either

a.) scum trying to appear confident and solid on his push or
b.) scum trying to appear confident and solid on his push because he knows gorf is scum and, likely, gorf said to bus early RVS
Looking back at Gorf v Garg it looks wierd but I can't put my finger on why.
Hmm yeah I can see it more from this. Not sure I would link them as mates but I would say how Garg went on Gorf did seem odd since I wasn't sure where the jump came from.
Once he realizes my wagon is losing momentum he hops off my wagon and makes a complete 180 to hop on Kuz's new wagon as if he suspected Garg all along. His reasoning once again "I agree with Kuz."

##Garg

I'd go back to real gamer if given the chance though.
WHY AM I THE ONLY PERSON CALLING HIM OUT ON THIS???

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Then after all of that his main argument against me is is that I'm clearly trying to "play it safe" when the above posts are exactly what a player trying to stay under the radar and play it safe looks like. Blatant misrep.

But nah lets continue talking about the RNG vote.

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
It feels weird voting slam d1. I've never wanted to do that before.

@ The Real Gamer The Real Gamer sorry I cba to go back and look. Didn't Ronike also hop on both wagons or am I getting people confused?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
^ i'm with you man, waiting for Red Ruy to come in here and answer some questions.

also everyone, if you haven't already claim whether you have access to a room. @ Damdred Damdred , I assume you're claiming you do?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
And this weird Holder guy

I don't have special information. I'm trying to draw conclusions from the little bit I know.

Just tell me if you know a Steve. Trust me this will work. There are two people named Steve in death note and they're in different groups. I have a good plan.
There's only one Steve and a Stephen and both are within the same group. Just for clarification. But I like that you're thinking of such things, please continue to do so.

I'm conflicted. I like that he speaks to our beloved Bats here with clear indication that he is in a similar position as myself and as I suspect to be indicative of a townie, or very likely to be as much. Granted, you mentioned the likely idea that the Mafia understands the situation despite not being part of it. Kira would obviously know since he's more likely to be the one to infiltrate, though I'm not sure if he'd be the one perpetuating the idea that someone might be hiding there (not that we weren't already suspicious to begin with I guess).

On the other hand, that one particular post (the rest of his contributions I like) where a lot of this negative attention is brought upon him is understandable, although I didn't come to that conclusion when I first read it but rather upon reading the posts you've actually linked to. I already said I like Mac, and I like you for the most part as well, especially if you are indeed in a team with me or others. The suspicion on your FoS is silly; I can't recall the arguments from Mac about that but why it seems unwarranted enough to me is that from a scum's perspective, you doing that didn't seem very necessary at all, even if it was a """"bus"""", why right then and there? It being out of nowhere made it look more "townie" than "scummy" to me if that makes sense.

My vote hasn't been anywhere fruitful yet (Alakaslam), so I can drop it on him for now. I'm certainly not going to help generate a Ronike wagon at least, that sounds like an awful idea right now.

##Gorf

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
@ The Real Gamer The Real Gamer sorry I cba to go back and look. Didn't Ronike also hop on both wagons or am I getting people confused?
Ronkie was never on my wagon, but he suspected Garg.

I was the one who said that Garg was somewhat scummy for FOSing in a game where we lynch on plurality at the end of a time limit, rather than majority. This is why:

At this point his vote was on Gamer. I was meh on Gamer's wagon, and even though Garg was the one who started the wagon, this was his reason:

Now does that sound like its anywhere near as sure of itself as the first post? Garg's two face post seems very sure of itself that Gorf is mafia. And the fact that he just FOS'd Gorf when he felt that strongly, but voted TRG off of the second post seems really weird to me.

Worth noting, a large part of why I'm voting Garg is that he hasnt answered kuz's question and is being generally uncooperative. If he just answered the question, I'd prolly just get off of him and keep an eye on him. So if you want me to move my vote Garg... ;)

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
The TL game that started at the same time as this, with the same number of players, is over 100 pages now with less fluff.

I can't read you guys so I'm sticking with what I know.

##unvote
##The_Templar

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
bats unfortunately the activity sometimes leaves a bit to be desired, but I'm sure there'll be waves where the activity will ramp up and ppl will post an absurd amount. also the whole 'dumbtown' thing is a common sentiment thrown around on this site a lil too freely

fwiw i dont think you're bad, just ridiculously headstrong

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
@ Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel please go back and read page 5 and tell me Aoi's posting patterns aren't that of a player that is acting reactively rather than proactively (sheeping instead of scumhunting), being noncommittal (no firm stances in any of his "reads"), and attempting to fly under the radar (only answering questions when asked).

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
bats unfortunately the activity sometimes leaves a bit to be desired, but I'm sure there'll be waves where the activity will ramp up and ppl will post an absurd amount. also the whole 'dumbtown' thing is a common sentiment thrown around on this site a lil too freely

fwiw i dont think you're bad, just ridiculously headstrong
Go vote Templar. I'm right about this. If he's town he is plenty capable of saving himself from a lynch, regardless of how weird this setup is.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ryu voted for you, TRG, and just minutes later he started showing signs of going over to the Garg and Kuz thing, I don't think he suddenly made the conclusion within that window of time that the wagon was out of steam. I'll admit that most of his posts have been pretty short, but there are literally people who haven't posted and others who've been a bit terse. Why single out him? Because he targeted you and that makes you more inclined to have a bias? I've nothing against you The Real Gamer, you made a very passive, neutral comment that I would've made myself if it wasn't for the fact that my group waved the flag that discussion the communication is a bad idea. That's it. I'm not interested in all that to be honest, even less than the Garg and Kuz thing which seems like a lot of bickering.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Ugh, work kicked my ass today... I've kinda gone through and looked at the posts today, but not from the critical perspective that I should be. My gratuitous apologies folks, but I'm prolly gonna be somewhat out of it tomorrow as well, as I work a bunch and have a final paper I have to write. Hopefully if all goes well I'll be able to pose questions to people tonight or tomorrow morning, but I just don't think I have it in me to put up with bats stupidity right now ;)

If someone has something they want to pose as a question specifically to me, please @ Ronike Ronike me, and Ill respond as soon as I notice. Otherwise, I don't think I will be so gone as to declare V/LA, but I definetely won't be as present as I was yesterday. Again, My apologies.

I will say:

Hey adum, nice to see you!

TRG: For what its worth, I intend to go back and take a more critical look at what your saying about Ryu after I post this, and I'll let you know my thoughts.

but for now, I want to see @TheTemplar post.

##Unvote
##Vote: The Templar

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Pregame templar was having a lot of trouble with the site UI.

Templar & I go pretty far back (he used to be "tehTemplar") but he has been on TL since he was about 10 or something (if he is honest with his age here, apparently) in which case it is possible he had little need to browse elsewhere (TL is like the Internet as a whole in miniature minus trolls + a ton of uptight attitude and prissiness, although it wasn't always that way.)

When I first got to Smashboards I had no idea they even had a mafia forum here and when I was directed to it I still couldn't find it and then when I found it I couldn't tell an active game from an inactive.

In fact.

[green] Zen man would it be rule breaking for me to contact Templar on TL and ask him if he remembers this one?[/green]

Because I will prolly do this.

And I am not usual self here bats because I have experienced anal pain in the past

I raged much upon the omgus

Spoke of uptight BUTTHIJOLE and "beyond TL levels of prissitude & pissitude" when really I was the one full of pissitude.

Nonetheless my demeanor will be toned back here Sson

I make use not of the ways of CHUPAZI

But simply play what is actually my TL scum meta atm.

Because the truth gives hemorrhage to the eyes of the local population which is a deep crime

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Ryu voted for you, TRG, and just minutes later he started showing signs of going over to the Garg and Kuz thing, I don't think he suddenly made the conclusion within that window of time that the wagon was out of steam.
It was a blatant flip flop on 2 wagons led by the same player. Dunno how that's hard to interpret but it seems as if you're willing to give him the benefit if the doubt. Dully noted.

I'll admit that most of his posts have been pretty short, but there are literally people who haven't posted and others who've been a bit terse.
I'd rather go after play I find scummy as opposed to waiting for inactives to post.

Why single out him? Because he targeted you and that makes you more inclined to have a bias?
I'm singling him out because I legitimately find his posts scummy and he needs to know it?

Where is this question coming from Holder? Pretty sure I've gotten votes from at least 6 people now. Hell Bats pushed me harder than anyone else so far and he was one of my first town reads.

I've nothing against you The Real Gamer, you made a very passive, neutral comment that I would've made myself if it wasn't for the fact that my group waved the flag that discussion the communication is a bad idea. That's it. I'm not interested in all that to be honest, even less than the Garg and Kuz thing which seems like a lot of bickering.
You seem to go along with your own line of thinking, which is also noted. I can at least appreciate this type of playstyle.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
As people keep mentioning: a lynch isn't performed until the deadline is reached (even with a majority vote) so until that time comes there's no harm in putting people's feet to the fire even if it doesn't lead to a lynch. Town needs to be proactive and go after anything that deserves being grilled since at the very least it leads to more information. Aggression is rewarded in this setup.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Anyway I think inactivity from Templar is WIFOM.

Up to lynch kyryk, he has done NAETHEING since how long?!

And I did not see any kind of Bamcis to balance his phailure.

So like

I might switch to Kyryk

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
Dude batsnacks that game is on day 2

Faster game faster posting
Dude slam that game has posting restrictions. People can't even post as much as they want. And that game has 2 phases. This game has 4. Technically there have been the same number of phases.

Top Bottom