• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia - Game Thread - Ovah

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
pretty sure batsnacks said he wasn't in a group, do you think that makes him not town? (tbh i'm not understanding how you're coming to the conclusion that all townies have to be in a group)
There are 17 players. There is a group half that size. There is another group I know to be half the size of THAT group. Then there is Mafia either one less or the same exact size as that smaller group. That leaves one to two people left unaccounted for and I know Light Yagami, again someone who is probably Kira, and is probably within the game, is in none of those three groups via knowledge of my own group and the source material making it absurd for him to be in the other two. Also, in the manga and in the show there aren't any characters that are opposed to Kira outside of those groups unless it's like, Light's mother or sister lol.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Sakura from Sakura TV could be a character and isn't someone affiliated with the three teams, but that's certainly not someone on the side of justice haha.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Also I'm not trying to push anything against Bats via set-up confusion/suspicions, that isn't enough, especially on Day 1 of all Days, so I am not asking him to commit suicide by revealing who he is. I'm just explaining a concern I mentioned before. If everyone thinks that by what he says that he is town, then surely time will remedy of my misconceptions.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
There are 17 players. There is a group half that size. There is another group I know to be half the size of THAT group. Then there is Mafia either one less or the same exact size as that smaller group. That leaves one to two people left unaccounted for and I know Light Yagami, again someone who is probably Kira, and is probably within the game, is in none of those three groups via knowledge of my own group and the source material making it absurd for him to be in the other two. Also, in the manga and in the show there aren't any characters that are opposed to Kira outside of those groups unless it's like, Light's mother or sister lol.

Let's assume the smaller groups are indeed a pro kira/anti kira alignment.

What do you think are the chances that there is scum in the anti-kira group?

If there's decent chance for a scum less communication group then they could easily town confirm each other and form a solid townblock.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Let's assume the smaller groups are indeed a pro kira/anti kira alignment.

What do you think are the chances that there is scum in the anti-kira group?

If there's decent chance for a scum less communication group then they could easily town confirm each other and form a solid townblock.
Right now I would say 0% chance there is a mafia member in the anti-kira group. They won't start out possessing one of their IDs naturally and no one has said anything about having been stolen from already and I do not believe the mafia has someone that hacks through a dawn power nor do I yet have any reason to believe that Zenny has made it so that characters defy their source material to such an extent that they are affiliated with a different group entirely.

The heff do u know all this stuff?
Character PM, outside-communication, and knowledge of the manga every one of us is from.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@adum you town read me but you don't think I've done anything useful, despite being the post-y-est person in the game? If I've posted this much and contributed nothing wouldn't that mean you should be scum reading me?

That's literally the most undeserved town read I've ever gotten. So scummy.
Lol, dumbtown is the easiest to read. Period.

Scum intent is what matters for alignment not being terrible at mafia. If you insist on continuing to be useless and distracting you're just going to make the game harder for town. That said I have no interest in an extended debate on the topic, that will be even more distracting (lesson learned mac :p).

How are we sure there aren't mafia in small rooms as well though?
I'm not but I think it's more likely one of the smaller groups is all town and it'll be easier to narrow down if they are and much easier to see if somebody is replaced, therefore the information is much more useful for confirming people and scumhunting.
Right now I would say 0% chance there is a mafia member in the anti-kira group. They won't start out possessing one of their IDs naturally and no one has said anything about having been stolen from already and I do not believe the mafia has someone that hacks through a dawn power nor do I yet have any reason to believe that Zenny has made it so that characters defy their source material to such an extent that they are affiliated with a different group entirely.

Character PM, outside-communication, and knowledge of the manga every one of us is from.
The concern I have is "what's zen's anti-mass character claim measure"? They could have safeclaims (flavor justification could easily be they controlled the character by the death note to perform specified actions prior to dying or they were simply killed and their IDs were taken) and they could be anyone.

Rajam

Smash Champion
soooo

idk if this was already asked, and people will complain about why asking it now but anyways:

"Aoi Inu, Adumbrodeus (ad.), Rajam, Gorf (Grf), KyryK (Kyr), DJCrinkleCut, th3kuzinator, Ronike (Rni), Mac, The Real Gamer (Trg), Holder of the Heel (Hld), Ranmaru, Alakaslam, The Templar, Damdred (De.), batsnacks, Gargaglion (Gr.)"

There is some people here I'm not familiar with and I'd like to ask them about their mafia experience. These people are:

- KyryK
- DJCrinkleCut
- The Real Gamer
- Holder of the Heel
- Alakaslam
- The Templar
- Damdred
- batsnacks

?

Rajam

Smash Champion
worst rvs ive seen on smashboards

##real gamer

upon scum flip heel town, probably

i have an ability to immediately hammer the majority lynch so lets get to it chop chop
I agree on the vote

##unvote
##The Real Gamer
##Trg

@MOD: When we use this vote command we have to use the abreviations?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I've played 1 game on mafiascum and 2 on here so I'm still fairly new but I've read a ton of games.

I'm 1-1 as town and 1-0 as mafia.

Pretty sure the main reason I was invited to play was for my performance as Kira in the 1st Death Note game which is linked on the previous page.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Yeah, I was reading the thread while I was on the road and did not want to post until I was on my computer.

This RNG on me is pretty funny especially since it isn't a real RNG at all, just pick random number that can be gamed 100% of the time and i took out three people for no reason.This isn't even a good conversation starter as it can only be negatively motivated the point of RNG is to have everyone there and rng into everyone instead of gaming the system so stupid.

Obviously I agree with Bats that power roles should not claim, it just gives scum a kill order who to go over and gives them reasonable room to fake claim in a closed setup.
coloured part: What do you think of Kyryk because of that?

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I've played about a little over half a dozen closed set-up role-madness games in a backroom here with some friends, so it was generally really chill and chaotic. Most of them involved people who haven't played much either. They also almost all had night phases that allowed PMing players to establish "alliances" and exchange information/plans. Towards the end I was starting to get killed during the first or second night and that's when I stopped lol.

I also played one open set-up newb game in a mafia site with a dozen or so players (I was vanilla town) and the game went on the record as one of the shortest newb games in its entire history, the mafia losing a couple minutes after the second day started lol. Not entirely thanks to my efforts though, admittedly. Here it is just because: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=58276

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I've always been town and usually lose to be honest, but it's always been a team effort haha.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
soooo

idk if this was already asked, and people will complain about why asking it now but anyways:

"Aoi Inu, Adumbrodeus (ad.), Rajam, Gorf (Grf), KyryK (Kyr), DJCrinkleCut, th3kuzinator, Ronike (Rni), Mac, The Real Gamer (Trg), Holder of the Heel (Hld), Ranmaru, Alakaslam, The Templar, Damdred (De.), batsnacks, Gargaglion (Gr.)"

There is some people here I'm not familiar with and I'd like to ask them about their mafia experience skill. These people are:

- KyryK
- DJCrinkleCut
- The Real Gamer
- Holder of the Heel
- Alakaslam
- The Templar
- Damdred
- batsnacks

?
Ftfy

I have none. I have been in maybe 30 games or so each time I try and count it up I am like "wow THAT many on THIS site alone?!?"

"...man I suck"

Damdred

Smash Rookie
coloured part: What do you think of Kyryk because of that?
I really hate it honestly, normally I do not mind RNG to much especially in smaller games as it has a comparable ability to get scum d1 (not sure what stats are here and i don't think I believe entirely that its as reliable as reason either). But it has a arguable place in d1, however it is super super scummy to remove options from the RNG. The RNG god must be followed to perfection if you choose to follow it all people must be. Its scummy to do so.

@Garg cool story

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
Damdred you're not asking questions

and that was the first post in the game

Damdred

Smash Rookie
Damdred you're not asking questions

and that was the first post in the game
That is incorrect it was not my first response at all, I am however not asking as many questions because i'm making opinions right now.

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
That is incorrect it was not my first response at all, I am however not asking as many questions because i'm making opinions right now.
No I mean the rng stuff was the first stuff that happened. He went back and said he hated rng and abandoned the idea completely. Now it's 10 pages later.

Are you still sick? Do we need to lynch you so you can get some rest? ;)

Damdred

Smash Rookie
No I mean the rng stuff was the first stuff that happened. He went back and said he hated rng and abandoned the idea completely. Now it's 10 pages later.

Are you still sick? Do we need to lynch you so you can get some rest? ;)
Haha I was asked my conclusion from what I posted earlier on said opinion.

I am still sick but not sick enough to lynch batsbaby.

Where are you at right now? Who do you think is scum?

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
Haha I was asked my conclusion from what I posted earlier on said opinion.

I am still sick but not sick enough to lynch batsbaby.

Where are you at right now? Who do you think is scum?
I don't know who these people are they're doing all this weird crap that doesn't make sense. And they're calling me useless and dumb even though they all townread me for it, or something.

Slam is not his usual self.

Templar isn't posting.

And this weird Holder guy somehow has all this info about the setup that no one else has.

And this weird Kuz guy has a bunch of people sheeping him for reasons I don't understand.

I'm pretty sure only like half the people in this game have actually posted.

It's a pretty big mess right now actually.

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
Wait, wait... don't answer that.

Let's try something.

Do you know who Steve is?

Damdred

Smash Rookie
You are being insane right now battyboy. I walked out to the shower and let it idle which let you go crazy tsk tsk tsk.

I'd rather not hint which room i'm in as it would narrow the search, obviously. But I hate claim games.

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
Just tell me if you know a Steve. Trust me this will work. There are two people named Steve in death note and they're in different groups. I have a good plan.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
btw, shouldve said this before but v/la until sunday at max. work + finals got me trippin n i dont wanna take this time to prioritize mafia over real life stuff like i usually do lol. ill try to keep up as much as i can till i get a fat amount of time to catch up.

Top Bottom