• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia - Game Thread - Ovah

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Not that the original case had substance, it was hella reaching because there was no reason for gorf to consider he wasn't in a neighborhood. An assumption that he was just playing dumb was perfectly reasonable.
There was reason for Gorf to consider that batsnacks wasn't in a neighborhood; his reaction to the outside communication smacked of being in the dark about them. Seriously, read that exchange again now that I'm responding to you directly. Also why the hell did you flop in the first place? You came in here all chest puffed out ready to body Gorf but are flopping now. I don't think it's scummy, just lame and that you're focusing on the wrong things.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Can you put your vote on Gorf or Garg who actually have a chance flip scum please and thank you.
No, I'm done with people just placing their votes on me and chilling while other people do all the work.

http://smashboards.com/threads/death-note-mafia-day-1.382165/page-8#post-18174649
http://smashboards.com/threads/death-note-mafia-day-1.382165/page-12#post-18181243

If your reasoning for voting me was agreeing with kuz, then address the question I asked adum here:
Garg said:
So let's play a game adum! Let's say I was scum stonewalling kuz's push onto me. Why? His reasoning was that I was trying to weasel my way out of giving any explanation as to my push on Gorf, but I've presented it multiple times now, most recently as #471. So that's out the window.

I'll save you the trouble and help you realize that my stiffarming of kuz doesn't make sense as either alignment. I wasn't saying all that **** with mafia in mind so much as it was just me being a stubborn ***. kuz wanted me to be his *****, and unlike most here I refused to do so.
So please respond to that and tell me why I am scummier than Gorf as well.

@ #HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac

I don't know, link me some posts showing why he's the best chance we've got at hitting scum. I have had Ryu as null. I would be likelier to consider him scum if Gorf flipped town because the way he tried to empathize with Gorf's early read of batsnacks makes me think he could be scum abusing his knowledge of alignment. It's a weird stance to make otherwise.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Why Gorf is scum

OK. Let me break this down Barney style because apparently everyone is still blind to Gorf's horse****.

The game starts. I'm in a neighborhood. batsnacks posts in #44 that Ronike's push for the outside communication claim is scummy. He says this again in #46 and #50, plus a few more times. What would make batsnacks think that forcing people who can communicate outside of the thread to be scummy? Masons! When I was reading batsnack's posts going crazy about communication, I thought 'Damn, this guy is probably not in a neighborhood and thinks we are talking about outing masons' which makes even MORE sense if you consider he's from another site. Most sites equate outside communication to masons; they are far more common than neighbor[hood]s. This was a strong towntell for batsnacks. Then, Gorf comes in with #109 where he tries to link batsnacks to Real Gamer because he went after Mac/Ronike and not Real Gamer. This is the most inane reason to link two players; not only is trying to link living players USUALLY a trash way to play, but it benefits scum more than town because it's an easy way to look like you're scumhunting when you're actually just pulling **** out of your *** and passing it off to appear that way. It's funny how Gorf says it's convenient of batsnacks to do this, because it's WAY more convenient that he is trying to link the player getting wagoned with a player who is out of his element in this meta. THAT'S why Gorf is scummy. He didn't put ANY thought into WHY batsnacks was posting the way he was; Gorf is smart enough to think critically about these types of things and it's way likelier that he was just taking the easiest options to **** on people in the thread. You know what's worse? Gorf is PROBABLY in a neighborhood as indicated by post #112 and him asking batsnacks about it; yet he STILL didn't post about considering the other option with batsnacks. So he has the reason to why batsnacks is playing the way he is right in his hands, but he chooses to NOT ONLY ignore it but ****ing link him to the guy getting wagoned. Can you possibly try harder to bull**** a fake connection out of your ***? Him trying to push for it again in #128 just makes it worse. It doesn't look like Gorf genuinely believes what he's saying at all.

There you go. And no Ruy, Gorf had NO reason to scumread batsnacks at that point in the game, ESPECIALLY with knowledge of the neighborhoods. His play completely flies in the face of a townie thought process trying to analyze batsnacks' play.

As for why I'm scumreading Kryrk, it's because he was trying way too hard in the beginning of the game and I don't buy the "reactions lulz" explanation when the game will kick off regardless of what you do.

I had the other guy as scum (forget the username) because he was commenting on a bunch of easy stuff without saying anything of consequence. It looked like active lurking.

Anyways, I see that adum is voting me for "lol he didn't answer a question" and Ryu is still trying to play as badly as possible. If I get lynched, take 2 things away from it:

1. Stop listening to kuz. He's null and his play is bad to the point that it will **** the town while simultaneously depriving scum of accountability because they will latch onto his ****tiness regardless of alignment. This is probably the last time I join a playerlist with another power player because it's pathetic how people just latch onto them without thinking critically for themselves. Talk about overrated.

2. Vig/Lynch Gorf/Kryrk with the former as top priority.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

##gorf

mac lets go.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
we're not gonna get anything productive from a ruy lynch. best case scenario he flips scum and we have people wagoning him for literally 0 substantiated reasoning. gorf will probably flip scum but regardless, the wagon on, then off, then on again will provide some dank thread connections nah'mean?

to be clear, garg, i dont think your reasoning is that great on gorf. but your recent posts are reading town. idk y u came in with such a scummy post on gorf originally

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
If you don't think the reasoning is great, do you have anything better? I don't mean it in a piss contest type of way, but for the sake of convincing people. And I guess you still get that feeling of SvS/TvS between us hence your vote on him?

I'm just Gorf's friend irl. I've been a pretty mediocre player, but since the last time I was here I read a bunch of games and am trying to take a more dynamic approach to playing mafia in an attempt to improve.

Do I remind you of someone?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
welp thread autosaves
If you don't think the reasoning is great, do you have anything better? I don't mean it in a piss contest type of way, but for the sake of convincing people. And I guess you still get that feeling of SvS/TvS between us hence your vote on him?

I'm just Gorf's friend irl. I've been a pretty mediocre player, but since the last time I was here I read a bunch of games and am trying to take a more dynamic approach to playing mafia in an attempt to improve.

Do I remind you of someone?
gorf is scummy explicitly only because of that line "ill have to lynch you if you try to and lynch based off mechanics"

implicitly, well, lets just say i can read gorf.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
and as i said, im not 1000% sure gorf is scum but he's my largest scumread since you're beginning to turn around in my eyes

no you dont remind me of someone but your posts are somewhat better than most and thats refreshing. i think that was a compliment.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Garg if we couldn't lynch Gorf today who would you be voting?
I'd probably just sheep Mac, to be completely honest. There are a lot of people who make me think, 'what the **** is this guy going?' but go back to not being active enough or not saying enough that I'm ecstatic to lynch them. I guess I'd go with Kyryk if you want a name because that was the only other strong feeling I had during the Day and I'm baffled that he has no scumreads.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm gonna be busy all day today and tomorrow, so dunno if I can get back to this right now, something came up.

If people need a claim or something of the like can you let me do that before you off me.

And yes I have outside communication, it's a very large one if I remember right.

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
@ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus kuzinater rescinded his scum read on garg. You said you thought garg and gorg were busing and that kuzinater was the one who caught them. Do you still think garg and gorg are both mafia?

I am having a hard time believing anyone is sure they've caught 2 scum busing each other d1 in a game this large.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm discrediting people because we have an obvious play in Gorf and going for me has me judging the result as incompetence; kuz actually threw a bunch of nulltells at me and several people just sheeped his reasoning. What do you want me to say? "Hey guys, this is really fantastic play and I'm glad this Town is on the way to successville!" **** no. I call it like I see it. And yeah, I stand by my earlier action. Mafia is about Town cooperating with each other, so if someone says they're going to do something and they don't, I'm not going to turn around at their beck and call to appease them. It's a 2-way street, bby.

So let's play a game adum! Let's say I was scum stonewalling kuz's push onto me. Why? His reasoning was that I was trying to weasel my way out of giving any explanation as to my push on Gorf, but I've presented it multiple times now, most recently as #471. So that's out the window.

I'll save you the trouble and help you realize that my stiffarming of kuz doesn't make sense as either alignment. I wasn't saying all that **** with mafia in mind so much as it was just me being a stubborn ***. kuz wanted me to be his *****, and unlike most here I refused to do so.

Pretty lame that I have to have this conversation with you; our reads are largely aligned otherwise. Discrediting people isn't scummy in and of itself either.
I don't mind you stonewalling kuz's push per say, nor did I really initially mind your petulance until I dug deeper, if you were merely clashing egos with him it would've been a null. Your stated reason however, absolutely sucks. You SERIOUSLY tried to discredit him because he didn't follow up on a vote agreement when the offer asked for his help bussing your partner?

What I also mind is your blatent lying about my stated motivations for signing on.

Discrediting people isn't inherently wrong but when the common factor is they suspect you and when the reasons are as transparently terrible as this, it screams survivor mentality.

There was reason for Gorf to consider that batsnacks wasn't in a neighborhood; his reaction to the outside communication smacked of being in the dark about them. Seriously, read that exchange again now that I'm responding to you directly.
Why?

Also why the hell did you flop in the first place? You came in here all chest puffed out ready to body Gorf but are flopping now. I don't think it's scummy, just lame and that you're focusing on the wrong things.
I switched because I misunderstood the entire exchange in my initial read, which I realized when looked back to explain my reasoning.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus kuzinater rescinded his scum read on garg. You said you thought garg and gorg were busing and that kuzinater was the one who caught them. Do you still think garg and gorg are both mafia?

I am having a hard time believing anyone is sure they've caught 2 scum busing each other d1 in a game this large.
I think you overrate my sureness, garg I'm damn sure is scum because his intent screams survivor mentality. Gorf is likely scum on a garg scumflip.

Perhaps you should answer me this, what's wrong with my reasoning?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I don't mind you stonewalling kuz's push per say, nor did I really initially mind your petulance until I dug deeper, if you were merely clashing egos with him it would've been a null. Your stated reason however, absolutely sucks. You SERIOUSLY tried to discredit him because he didn't follow up on a vote agreement when the offer asked for his help bussing your partner?

What I also mind is your blatent lying about my stated motivations for signing on.

Discrediting people isn't inherently wrong but when the common factor is they suspect you and when the reasons are as transparently terrible as this, it screams survivor mentality.

Why?
Yep, I seriously tried to discredit him for that. I want to hold people accountable and don't care to cooperate with people who won't cooperate with me. It was hypocritical and lame.

Blatant lying, not really. You said I was "pushing" kuz in #460 because he didn't follow up on his word; what does "pushing" even mean in this context? I never called him scummy for it, just I was being uncooperative due to how he was acting. Read back on that post and tell me your language doesn't translate to, "Is Garg seriously giving kuz **** for not going Gorf?" because that's how I read it. It all goes back to me not answering his question.

I don't get what you're asking me why about, I'm saying that Gorf should have thought to consider that batsnacks was Town due to the information he had about being in an outside group.

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
I think you overrate my sureness, garg I'm damn sure is scum because his intent screams survivor mentality. Gorf is likely scum on a garg scumflip.

Perhaps you should answer me this, what's wrong with my reasoning?
I don't understand your reasoning. All you said in your reasoning post is that garg and gorf are scummy because they're busing each other. Your read is based entirely on unflipped associations. Could you explain why they are mafia on an individual basis? Without mentioning that they're BOTH mafia?

I think garg's posts make sense personally and they don't even sound like they're coming from a "survivor mentality" tbh. He outright refused to answer a simple question and a bunch of people voted him on it. That doesn't scream survival mentality to me.

and why is a survivor mentality scummy anyway? Town wants to live. Mafia wants to live.

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
Sorry everyone, some ****ty stuff irl stuff happened this past week.
Anyways, reading through the thread now, and to whoever asked, never played Mafia on Smashboards, but I've played on other forums, and I've played with friends irl.
I'll give my reads after I read the thread.

Last edited:

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
Bah, my Mafia rust is real.
Anyways, Bat's menagerie of posts at the beginning just seemed like dumbtown, and I think Garg's points regarding Gorf make a lot of sense.
I could only skim at the moment, again sorry for my inactivity; I'll be on a lot more tonight.

Rajam

Smash Champion

Pretty much a scum slip. What's wrong with thinking bats is scum? In fact, you don't even just say you agree that he's town or give reasons but instead FAULT GORF for thinking these things (likely, because you know bats is town)

What is he actually doing?

Reaching, but largely irrelevant.

Convinced. Something was bugging me with the 1st part of Garg's post, and you resume it pretty well in the red line.

##unvote
##vote: Gargaglione

@Ronike: Regarding TRG, lack of posture regarding claims + easy vote on Alakaslam were the reasons I voted him. Not sure if I want to continue that road, will reevaluate later.

@ #HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac : Are we claiming if we have masonries? Where can I check the reasons of why I should claim?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Gee, I never expected the guy I called for a vig on to vote me...

For the record, I find Rajam the worst of my wagoners. That's not just because he's voting me, but because he's been playing 10 pages behind the whole phase with some really whack commentary.

Tomorrow, I need to look at the playerlist and decide who should get shot. I think there would be a vig with such a big playerlist.

@ Xivii Xivii

Requesting that you add a "Not voting" branch to your votecounts, pretty please.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I don't understand your reasoning. All you said in your reasoning post is that garg and gorf are scummy because they're busing each other. Your read is based entirely on unflipped associations. Could you explain why they are mafia on an individual basis? Without mentioning that they're BOTH mafia?
... why are you being so obtuse? Have you actually read my posts on this? Seriously have you? Or did you just skim? It's not like I've been posting giant walls either.

My push for garg has nothing to do with gorf and I haven't been pushing for gorf because the connection is based entirely on garg's play and is meaningless without a garg flip.

My actual reason for believing garg is scum is his attempts to arbitrarily discredit people who suspected him, initially the bull**** "he promised to vote gorf!" and then his followup by lying about my statements.

I think garg's posts make sense personally and they don't even sound like they're coming from a "survivor mentality" tbh. He outright refused to answer a simple question and a bunch of people voted him on it. That doesn't scream survival mentality to me.
So, you got the keyword out of my post... but you somehow didn't get that my scumread on garg had nothing to do with gorf nor the actual reasoning establishing his survival mentality?

and why is a survivor mentality scummy anyway? Town wants to live. Mafia wants to live.
It's about PRIORITIES, scum's top priority is survival, either particularly themselves or at least one individual, that's their wincon.

Town can't afford to play defense because the time in a day is limited, they need to actually go out and kill scum. Not getting lynched is a secondary priority.

Survivor mentality is actions that reveal somebody is interested first and foremost in surviving as opposed to killing scum, things like fake content and wishy washing voting are prime examples of this.

This is, incredibly basic, it's reading comprehension and rock bottom level game theory. Again, engaging you was little more then a distraction.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yep, I seriously tried to discredit him for that. I want to hold people accountable and don't care to cooperate with people who won't cooperate with me. It was hypocritical and lame.
Not only was that offer clearly a joke, implying that vote deals mean anything in mafia is utterly ridiculous, opinions change, situations change. To imply that this somehow discredits him is ridiculous. Doing that as a way to discredit his accusations

Blatant lying, not really. You said I was "pushing" kuz in #460 because he didn't follow up on his word; what does "pushing" even mean in this context? I never called him scummy for it, just I was being uncooperative due to how he was acting. Read back on that post and tell me your language doesn't translate to, "Is Garg seriously giving kuz **** for not going Gorf?" because that's how I read it. It all goes back to me not answering his question.
Translation I had in mind for "pushing": "I really wanna push a kuz lynch but everybody think he's town and I have no case so I'll do my best to discredit him in lieu of it".

Which still doesn't explain why you lied about me, you're not batsnacks, I don't believe you have the reading comprehension of a half eaten peach. Why?

I don't get what you're asking me why about, I'm saying that Gorf should have thought to consider that batsnacks was Town due to the information he had about being in an outside group.
Explain why? Especially considering gorf isn't exactly the most perceptive person around, why? What convinces you that he summarized batsnacks wasn't in a neighborhood?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
@ Rajam Rajam posts discussing it are quoted below
@ DJCrinkleCut DJCrinkleCut we're all claiming if we have access to outside-thread communications. Please tell us if you have access to a room outside the thread

I'm coming down with a migraine, so this is prolly not gonna be as good of a post as it should be, but here goes :bee:

So if you haven't figured it out, yeah, I have access to an outside communication method. Said method is an anonymous chat room, in which there are 7 members, but we use character names as opposed to usernames. So not only do we not have confirmation of each others alignments, unlike Masons, but we also have very little idea as to who we are talking to. This is the reason why I mentioned earlier that KyryK could be in a three person discussion thingy, but likely wouldn't know who his partners were. I know my group very quickly decided that we shouldn't reveal names or roles, for fear of a traitor amongst us.

That all being said, having some idea of who was in a group and who isn't gives some small form of solidarity. Yes, we can't entirely trust everyone in the group, but we can likely trust most of the people in the group. Plus, this allows for crossreferencing scumslips here vs. what someone may say in the chat room.

That being said, and this should go without mentioning but ima do so anyways, if you think this is a good idea and want to go for it, for the love of god don't say who you are in chat, nor claim your actual role in any way, shape, or form. That gives scum too much info, but just saying yeah, I have access to outside communication, really doesn't give much away.
In addition to what Ronike, Gorf and Gargs mentioned about outside communications:

These outside chatrooms are pretty useless for conspiring against mafia because we can't trust the people in it because they're not town confirmed. We don't even know WHO the players are in the chat room. In my particular room there is a TON of people and it just seems highly unlikely that mafia doesn't have a mole in it OR won't infiltrate it eventually. So @ batsnacks batsnacks this isn't asking people to role claim whatsoever.

Let's talk about the set up for a second. Here are a couple points:
  • In terms of items, everyone who has access to a chatroom has both a file AND an ID. The ID to me is completely redundant from a game design perspective unless there was an external use for it.
  • The IDs are used to get in the chatroom. Again this is redundant because our files should have all the necessary info for doing that.
  • Unlike our files, the IDs are TRADEABLE! This is huge; It pretty much guarantees that some IDs will find their way out of the hands of the original owner. This may already have happened. It's clear from this that mafia has a way to impersonate people in outside chat rooms.
My takeaway from all this is: These outside chat rooms aren't that useful for conspiring because we don't know who's in it and if they're town. Also that scum can definitely impersonate people somehow and that they probably can trade the IDs amongst themselves.

Knowing this, scum might try to impersonate ppl later on and then claim a character that was in the room. A very obvious way for them to leverage this strat is to impersonate someone and then claim that character when they're pushed to claim later on in the game. One way of preventing that is for everyone up front to make it known whether they have access to an internal group so that they are explicitly tied to that and they can't claim someone who's in a group when they said they weren't or vice versa. It forces scum to try and decide how they want to play out the impersonation and claiming **** right now instead of giving them flexibility to maneuver later.

I'm ok with talking about all of this because I'm sure that mafia already knows it. And I'm ok with asking people to reveal their outside-comms status because i don't see how mafia will gain any useful information from that. (Besides I guess how many people are in rooms but no biggie). And like ppl said, look at all the juicy discussion we got from this.

One thing I didn't think about is that maybe there are rooms where people are town-confirmed to each other, and by initially asking ppl about whether they should reveal, some of their reactions could have outed them to scum. Small chance of this and it's too late to fix anyways.... Plus they should know they're fine with revealing their status since many others are also in the same boat and noone knows who belongs to which groups.

so this is what we'll do
EVERYONE: Claim if you have access to outside communications status OR provide a very compelling reason for not diverging the information.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
This was what popped out to me. The rest was setup discussion, which I skimmed. Reads in next post.

Watch this read change XD

Kuz do you not remember your prior stance on TRG. What happened there
Why do you ask? Who's scum now Alaka?

You wanted reads here is one:
Kuzinator= SVENGALI. Been a while since I used that term.
What do you mean by SVENGALI? Please translate.

@everyone you guys realize Kuz's push is based off gut right? Kuz's initial reason was that Gargs gave off the impression that he knows gorf is scum cuz he was confident. Can everyone else explain what their reasons are for voting him?
Mac, I think you are over-simplifying what Kuz was getting at. I get that you are defending him, but I don't think it's gut when you actually have reasons to express your suspicion. Gut is a feeling.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@KyryK, my #95 if you will.

Reads:

Gorf. Has not been here enough, and hasn't really said much about Garg in response to his case. I seriously expected alot more as they are both friends irl, so they would be able to explain the other's mindset. The only things he has really done was armchair to Bats and ask opinions about him.

KyryK: Again, I have only seen him start of RVS with the RNG thing. Null. Yet, one little thing I have noticed is that he asked people questions and didn't care to follow up until called out on it. He wasn't present to actually show the results of his work. I also didn't like how he was budding onto Bats so early. He was more focused on soft-defending him rather than finding scum. (IE "What do you specifically disagree with wrt Bats")

Garg: Simply because of these two quotes. Definetly a weak scum read, yet I agree with Kuz's case here because I read Garg's case and I couldn't agree with it's 'obviousness'. Therefore, I could not see why he would be confident in a read that I can't even understand unless it was faked. Another quote that made me dislike Garg is this one; To me that was odd, he only voted Gorf in response to Kuz's pressure, not proactively. I just found that as wifomy and just not a pro-town thing to do.

Templar: Hasn't posted anything at all. Last resort lynch.

Other people of interest:

@ DJCrinkleCut DJCrinkleCut I am definetly interested in seeing you catch up.
@ Damdred Damdred : I don't really remember anything about you. Reads?

##Gorf

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I do not have access to outside comms.

Damdred

Smash Rookie
@KyryK, my #95 if you will.

Reads:

Gorf. Has not been here enough, and hasn't really said much about Garg in response to his case. I seriously expected alot more as they are both friends irl, so they would be able to explain the other's mindset. The only things he has really done was armchair to Bats and ask opinions about him.

KyryK: Again, I have only seen him start of RVS with the RNG thing. Null. Yet, one little thing I have noticed is that he asked people questions and didn't care to follow up until called out on it. He wasn't present to actually show the results of his work. I also didn't like how he was budding onto Bats so early. He was more focused on soft-defending him rather than finding scum. (IE "What do you specifically disagree with wrt Bats")

Garg: Simply because of these two quotes. Definetly a weak scum read, yet I agree with Kuz's case here because I read Garg's case and I couldn't agree with it's 'obviousness'. Therefore, I could not see why he would be confident in a read that I can't even understand unless it was faked. Another quote that made me dislike Garg is this one; To me that was odd, he only voted Gorf in response to Kuz's pressure, not proactively. I just found that as wifomy and just not a pro-town thing to do.

Templar: Hasn't posted anything at all. Last resort lynch.

Other people of interest:

@ DJCrinkleCut DJCrinkleCut I am definetly interested in seeing you catch up.
@ Damdred Damdred : I don't really remember anything about you. Reads?

##Gorf
Heres a few questions for you before I go into my reads today (btw how much time is left on this phase?)

Why is your garg read, stronger than your gorf read who you have marked as a stronger read? One of them has actual reasons why they deserve to get scum read the other has just fluff what is the point of that?

Surely someone besides a policy lynch on templar has drawn your attention more?

Overall your scum reads just seem a bit weird to me if i'm to be honest.

As I said before my scum list is:

Slam: He can say what he want, but his posts lack the real ability to push town forward. This is the closest thing to his scum meta I have ever seen. He can really play mafia but hes not at all hes content to defend templar for whatever reason and letting the game stagnant without drawing any conclussions. Overall slam is really scummy today.

I have to reread Ryu, but From what I can remember his willingness to throw dwn his votes for nothing rubs me the wrong way. Sheeping is not inherently scummy but the way that they went about it seemed opportunistic and scummy to me.

I would probably lynch templar just because of meta reasons but i would put policy off till laer if we have time.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
On Gorf, it's meta. He hasn't been scumhunting at all. The only content he has posted was armchair. I would expect alot more bark than he has given in this game. I also didn't like that he didn't really take a stance on Garg when Garg was pushing for him hard. He didn't give any comment, possibly to let Garg fall and leaving the connection between them vague.

No one else has popped out to me as scumreads, no. The rest I either like for weak reasons or can't read them. For example, I know Rajam is starting out slow, but I am also interested in seeing him fully caught up as his late game is better than his early game. Ronike is a null for me because I see alot of intent to create discussion with reads but I don't really see a solid direction from him on who he wants gone. My reads aren't that solid because I am not as involved in the game yet.

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
I would like Gorf to come in and state his case.
Other than that, I'm not getting much in the case of scumreads.
Bat, why are you voting for adum? Did I miss something?
Oh, and I have access to outside comms.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Not only was that offer clearly a joke, implying that vote deals mean anything in mafia is utterly ridiculous, opinions change, situations change. To imply that this somehow discredits him is ridiculous. Doing that as a way to discredit his accusations

Translation I had in mind for "pushing": "I really wanna push a kuz lynch but everybody think he's town and I have no case so I'll do my best to discredit him in lieu of it".

Which still doesn't explain why you lied about me, you're not batsnacks, I don't believe you have the reading comprehension of a half eaten peach. Why?

Explain why? Especially considering gorf isn't exactly the most perceptive person around, why? What convinces you that he summarized batsnacks wasn't in a neighborhood?
I didn't read it as a joke. I thought kuz realized that Gorf was scummy and with him saying that me/Gorf was SvS that he'd be down to help me lynch him. I don't care about things changing; word is bond. If you don't mean it, don't say it.

Your second part is reaching and is just an alternative explanation for my actions. I discredited kuz because he was wrong and ****ing up the direction of the thread, and the effect is still there. Gorf should have been the biggest wagon from the start, should have stayed that way, and my own wagon was dumb as **** and accomplished nothing but making virtually everyone on it look like ****. Ryu looked like **** from it, Ran looked like a sheep, so did Slam, etc. Now everytime I walk into this thread I have to deal with some other player voting me for ****ty, outdated reasons that completely ignores my logic for pushing Gorf and neuters Town from actually finding scum.

And you wonder why I was discrediting kuz?

Also, you underestimate Gorf. He, like myself, can act like a ******** but he is smart. I have hydrad with him. I am holding him to a level of competence that his batsnacks push does not align with; I expect him to read posts, think critically about them from both sides, then push the likelier scenario. His early game linking of Real Gamer/batsnacks was a reach to the point of being unbelievable so it is inconsistent with that.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Also, I do not buy Rajam's posts in this game at all. He reaches some whack conclusion, then flops it on a few posts later; why not just read the damn thread and post it at once? His constant revising of his opinion reads forced as hell to me like scum just trying to bull**** an ongoing thought process. He has also been latching onto all the easy opinions without pushing anything unique himself and he is getting away with it because everyone just writes him off as, "Oh, he is still catching up. Whatever. Null. Wait and see" which is stupid.

I am also starting to think that Red Ryu is just a really, really, really bad townie because he actually liked Rajam's post up there and I doubt as scum he acts so blind to both Gorf and Rajam.

If Gorf flips town, vig can shoot Kyryk I guess. If he flips scum, shoot Rajam.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Also, here is another piece of information that came to my mind recently as I was thinking about how this game is going.

Damdred suspects Alakaslam for meta reasons.

Kryrk suspects Alakaslam for being comprehensible.

Alakaslam suspects both of these players for lurking.

And yet...NONE of them are doing anything about it or engaging each other in any meaningful way (though I think Damdred did try recently actually, but whatever). Does no one else find this triangle odd as ****? There is definitely scum in that circlejerk who is just sitting on those suspicions off lolmeta, I just don't know where to pinpoint it.

Top Bottom