• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dear Rumors: Suck it. Love From Sakurai

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
I think it'd be stupid to bring back Icicle Mountain if it's gunna be pretty much the same as DK's new stage. And if they had an icy stage that was slippery, it would be too similar to the Pokemon Stadium 2 ice transformation. I really can't think of a good stage for them... we'll have to wait and see.
i agree maybe they won't have a stage

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Awesome update. I didn't care about them being in, or even think that they would be, but now that they are, i'm pretty happy!

Also, i have noticed a subtle difference between US and EU versions of the site.

US: "The one in blue is Popo."
EU: "The one in purple is Popo."
Interesting... in the fourth picture he does look pretty purple... although he's obviously intended to be blue because he was blue in the original Ice Climbers:

burrito

Smash Lord
I'm glad to see that they have returned. I think a lot of other characters that people didn't think would return, will return for this game.

krynny

Smash Cadet
they better not be able to wobble. they are fun to play as, but i sucked with them. at least that part of the rumor is put to rest.

i am glad to see them back too. i didnt really like them much befor, but i started to play melee alot again about a month ago, and now i am starting to get good with them (ummmmm kinda)

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
captain falcon wil return because all the characters from the n64 will defently be in there, and i didnt think GaW would return but seeing this update i give them hope

and they look cool but i hate fighting against them, still a nice update

Eyemeralds

Smash Rookie
A dream come true!

Well I don't see why not they shouldn't be in the game. They were quite a unique player, with double with most things and were sooooo cute together! I dont think anyone would have the heart to send them off, now with Mr. Game and Watch and his style and everything looks like he's in deep water, what with Wario moving so commedicly. We will just have to see. I wonder what their Final Smash would be. OMG can they both grab seperate finals! I don't think that will happen but that would be awesome just to see them jump and grab a smash ball symmetrically!

On a side note, I had a Smash bros dream about playing smash with Zelda and Mario in a 3-D fighting arena, then for some reason I found my self lying on a snowy platform while two figures in parkas walked off(they were sooooo fuzzy!!!) I though ICE CLIMBERS but I guess this proved it....They still are fuzzy..... :3

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY MAIN RETURNS I WAS SO WORRIEd

GOD DANG REMOURS SAYING ICs ARE GETTING THE BOOT CAN ALL DIE IN A FIRE

IM SO HAPPY MY MAIN RETURNS FOR A NEW GENERATION OF PAIN!

WOOT WOOT

yes! YES YES

YYESESSS

SIIIIIIIXXTTYYYY FFFOOOOOOOUUUUURRRR!:chuckle::grin::dizzy::laugh::chuckle::grin:

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
captain falcon wil return because all the characters from the n64 will defently be in there, and i didnt think GaW would return but seeing this update i give them hope

and they look cool but i hate fighting against them, still a nice update
Please don't assume things. You can't say that all of the characters from N64 will return, cause we still don't know that. It's pretty likely that they will, but Ness could be replaced with Lucas. When you say something along those lines please use words like "might" or "maybe." Assumptions are the reason for many rumors.

Chu is safe!!!
IMO, this doesn't support or disprove Pichu. Sakurai has said that some people from melee will not return and there will be no clones (which doesn't mean people won't get new movesets). The inclusion of Ice Climbers, being a completely unique character, does not say anything about Pichu's chances.

Well I don't see why not they shouldn't be in the game. They were quite a unique player, with double with most things and were sooooo cute together! I dont think anyone would have the heart to send them off, now with Mr. Game and Watch and his style and everything looks like he's in deep water, what with Wario moving so commedicly. We will just have to see. I wonder what their Final Smash would be. OMG can they both grab seperate finals! I don't think that will happen but that would be awesome just to see them jump and grab a smash ball symmetrically!
I don't think style is a reason to get rid of a character. If Game & Watch and Wario had similar moves, you'd have a point, but the fact that they both move somewhat comically is not a very good reason. That's like saying that because Kirby and Jigglypuff are both puffs, only one should be in the game. They have completely different moves, style should have nothing to do with it. Yoshi and Ice Climbers are both pretty cartoony, that doesn't mean either of them should be out. I really think that all unique characters will return. The Icon Discovery thread further supports the possibility of Game & Watch, but that's a whole nother topic...

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
FTW!!!! perhaps this spreads some light on those rumors, and may indeed prove, that the only ones getting the boot are some clones. maybe g&w can stay too then...

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
FTW!!!! perhaps this spreads some light on those rumors, and may indeed prove, that the only ones getting the boot are some clones. maybe g&w can stay too then...
Agreed. I think the only characters that should be removed are clones that have no way of being given a unique moveset. It would make a lot of people happy if their main remained in the game, so Sakurai should try to remove as few characters as possible.

well i only have one thing to say.......... who gives a ****, its the f***** iceclimbers
1) Although I don't use them, a lot of people do, so this makes a lot of people happy (especially with all the doubts people were having)

2) It brings up a lot more speculation about which characters are returning.

ZuluAssassin

Smash Rookie
IMO said:
Haha, i think he meant Chu Dat is safe, since he mains IC.

I'm glad to see this return. Hopefully their movesets will remain similar, as I just started playing Melee and I'll probably be good with them right as Brawl comes out...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Oh crap... they're back.

Well, I guess that's fine as long as Sakurai and his team have found a way to fix both of their infinites. Other than that, I really had no quarrel with the ****** duo.

And hopefully this will stop n00bs from posting that silly "1up" article. If it doesn't... then they deserve to be called n00bs.

EDIT:
And this is good news for Mr Game & Watch too. I always liked him. Hopefully he's come back and learned how to L-cancel.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
ooooo.... I wonder if they're getting a nice and shiny new stage to boot, maybe something not so... scrolly. They have the DK stage for that now. I hope we get one based on the top section of the mountain.
1) Although I don't use them, a lot of people do, so this makes a lot of people happy (especially with all the doubts people were having)
yes, a lot of people do. that's ME Ahhh, I was so worried. I know people who would have refused to buy Brawl if Icies didn't return. I would have been disappointed... forever really.

besides, Ice Climbers aren't like Pichu. Pichu is a crappy clone with little to no usage. Ice Climber haters are stupid.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
To all those claiming that IC didn't have a chance of returning and were "unworthy"...

In Your Face!

I just love when people don't know what they're talking about get proven wrong.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Amazing indeed. Tired of all these crappy rumors going around and people actually believing them.

They look Amazing :D

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Haha, i think he meant Chu Dat is safe, since he mains IC.

I'm glad to see this return. Hopefully their movesets will remain similar, as I just started playing Melee and I'll probably be good with them right as Brawl comes out...
Oh, lol. I didn't wanna be mean about it, but I really had no idea what Pichu had to do with this. It didn't make any sense at all. That makes sense though. Thanks for the clarification.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
whew, man, this update made my game. Do you ever get that feeling like now you'll finally be able to fully get over melee. Like, I can relax, knowing that I'll probably like Brawl more than melee. There'll be no reason to go back.. other than retro feeling, but still, now that I have my main again, I can sit back and just enjoy Brawl. The other thing I've noticed is that I instantly stopped caring about online. Who cares if online is in? Now I'll have multiplayer games that will be awesome!
*nana dies*
"You killed my wife! I'll kill you!!!"
*fox runs*
*Fox takes a mallet to the face"
"That's what you get. I live in the friggin artic, I have no friends. I don't do anything but climb the F$$3ing ice and you kill the one thing that keeps me warm at night.sob"

ZOMG... I wonder what their final smash will be!

Aaawwww... Why Must They Return, Why?
In your face! hahahaha

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
I like how all the people saying they new IC wouldn't return aren't even posting :D

Anyway, I really like these guys, even though I don't use them too much. They still deserve to be in, and more people need to play as them, at LEAST non-competitively.

Sandrock

Smash Rookie
can I post here? Can I...test test test.

first of....ptttttttthhhh :p to all the rumor makers of killing the dream team character.

Secondly...I see no reason to knock off anyone logic wise. I mean when you make a 2nd or third of a game you always try to keep the characters in the game. [MK johnny cage comes to mind where he vanished a few times, and a few Street Fighters have been missing from games like E.Honda.] but the point is...the second game had very character so why not the third.

Thirdly I love the Ice-Climbers. Why...there are TWO hits with these guys. Any smash hit you get stuck into and your in trouble. The first adds more % damage and the second sends you flying. Also the AI of the partner with items is a strategy part of the game. Give her a super scope, get her to fire the 30 shots to keep them busy while you bash more damage on then smash them away.

Why get rid of this group when use right could be a top character. THANK YOU SAKURAI!

Top Bottom