• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dear Gimpyfish...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
First and foremost, this is not a spam thread, although knowing us, it may as well become one rapidly.
It seems the Atlantic south is now facing the same problem the Midwest boards did a while ago. It didn't end well.
The best solution in this case would be to simply add another moderator who understands the atlantic south as opposed to an outsider, such as gimpy. It's all love gimpy, from what little I've talked to you, you're an awesome guy. But squelching our spam-happy ways with a stiff upper lip isn't going to solve any problems; it might end up upsetting people, even though it probably won't, really.
Mike G was an excellent choice for a moderator, but he's currently not in the Atlantic South and very busy due to his job. He still comes to moderate when he can, but earning a living > smashboards at times (not all the time <_<). So, in Mike G's absence, I suggest that you ordain a new sub-moderator (temporarily, even). Personally, I'd say that FullMetal (Anomic_Punk) would be a good choice, as he tends to be level-headed while at the same time a big part of Atlantic South's awesomeness. Marty (GA Peach) would also be a fairly good choice despite his recent actions (triggered by boredom and general proximity to MarsFool!, undoubtedly) as he's very capable and very responsible. IHaveSpaceBalls or nes n00b would also make fine moderators. There are definitely more people who would do fine in limiting our idiocy while maintaining a balance, but it's like freaking four in the morning and I'm tired. Anyway, I hope we can resolve this issue without attempting to remove a part of a community.

I'm Renth you idiots. Bawrl sucks.

The time for rules and regulations and stiff upper lips is at an end.
Today belongs to chaos and nonconformity.

Your protocols and etiquettes are meaningless. See how your tyranny has been overthrown by these, the most glorious of Atlantic South monstrocities?

Renth

Smash Hero
Come on Sleepy you know as well as I do, this many spam threads at a time is a bad thing. The Atl South forum its self looks like junk, it's hard to find threads you're looking for (smash fest, tournament ect.) The occasional spam thread was fun and no one minded so much. But when several threads pop up a day then it gets ridiculous. To be honest, it's never gotten this bad I would know I started most of the spam threads. Ever since brawl came into the scene it gave us something more to make fun of and spam about.

Let's just take it easy for a little bit, be respectful of tournament/smashfest hosts.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
i just don't understand how it was my first time making a spam thread since i joined 3 years ago, and i almost get banned. other people make spam threads all the time, and i doubt they even get points. and yeah, i would be a great moderator. i would keep these whippersnappers in line.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
To be honest, it's never gotten this bad I would know I started most of the spam threads.
Wrong :p. I have proof that it has gotten bad XD. Actually... well ****it, I'm on a laptop right now so I don't have the picture, but last year at about this time, we had a full page of locked threads, and i took a snapshot due to all its awesomeness :p. I'll be sure to post it later when i get a chance hahaha. I'm also sure I have a list somewhere that Exarch and I made about not being your alternate accounts XDDDDDDDDD.

/spam

On topic: Um. Sleepy for mod? o.O

Laijin

Smash Hero
Wrong :p. I have proof that it has gotten bad XD. Actually... well ****it, I'm on a laptop right now so I don't have the picture, but last year at about this time, we had a full page of locked threads, and i took a snapshot due to all its awesomeness :p. I'll be sure to post it later when i get a chance hahaha. I'm also sure I have a list somewhere that Exarch and I made about not being your alternate accounts XDDDDDDDDD.

/spam

On topic: Um. Sleepy for mod? o.O
There was one point and time where Tong and I were the creators a full page of locked threads :\

nevershootme

Smash Master
I see that the mods for this particular sub forum don't seem to be doing their job well. They just let it slide (otherwise they're just not online often). I've read all the annoying threads and like jee.... I wish I could shut that thread down because this is getting out of hand. and arguments here consistently become lopsided

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
So wait. Are we just looking for somebody to close all the spam threads?

Cuz I'll do it right now if that's it.

?

Let me know.

DRAGONSHyt

Smash Rookie
I propose **** Gimpyfish, he's a ****ing ***got who should stay in his own regional zone.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
Yeah, Doodah got banned a couple months ago cuz some mod came in from like France or some sheet.

He got banned for some post he made that was hilarious and only the ATL South people would have got.

Mods are here to ruin our fun.

Like the police.

SleepyK

Yeah, it's not about "OH CLOSE THE FUN THREADS BLAH BLAH"
it's about letting someone who understands ATL South spam threads and closing them before things get out of hand, like they have been recently. That way, we don't get mega fun-canceled but still maintain a sense of order and whatnot
of course, we could just stop making spam threads, but we're Atl south, nyukkas.

Having said that,
Jackson Height's own
RANDY
WATSON

SleepyK

I assume andy is pretty busy with school, as "Gimpyfish will handle it" is sort of shirking duties as a mod.
I also assume andy has a harem of women by now, that ni99a's a pimp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom