• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dealing with a lame Sheik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laudandus

Smash Journeyman
Nowadays I tell everyone I lose friendlies to that:

A. I am the better player

B. They have a very lame east coast playstyle

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
He makes fun of me and mocks me on the internet. He has no respect for me so yeah I hate him.
I'm pretty sure your mom told you to not give personal information to internet people, but, just for science, how old are you ?

Nishifue

Smash Journeyman
I lost :(

Nishifue's dreams came true
:)
I'm pretty sure your mom told you to not give personal information to internet people, but, just for science, how old are you ?
You can see my age in my profile page lol, btw i'm 19. I didn't give him any info that he doesn't need to know. Also you don't need to know personal info to troll someone on the internet.

Edit: Laudandus when you disrespect someone your karma will be bad. Bad karma = a bad tournament. Maybe you will learn your lesson from this which is treat people with respect.

Last edited:

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
You can see my age in my profile page lol, btw i'm 19. I didn't give him any info that he doesn't need to know. Also you don't need to know personal info to troll someone on the internet.
I'm not savvy in internet boardz and information can not be factual, specially in the internet.

I wanted to know it for science, I would feel bad for causing your temper tantrum if I discovered you were 13.
19 and acting like this is... kinda weird.

Nishifue

Smash Journeyman
I'm not savvy in internet boardz and information can not be factual, specially in the internet.

I wanted to know it for science, I would feel bad for causing your temper tantrum if I discovered you were 13.
19 and acting like this is... kinda weird.
I wasn't throwing a tantrum. You should take my advice from earlier and get off this forum. You've shown me no respect and you make fun of me. Do me a favor for once.

kyaputenfarukon07

Smash Journeyman
Real Talk you can fix your mindset like this (I see you are very emotional player, nothing wrong with that but you can't let the negative aspects get to you.)

"he plays a lame east coast style" (this is a negative stance on your part)

the positive approach this would be - he plays a very textbook,optimized style

your base general question that you ask yourself at this point should be "How do I match or exceed his level of optimization/ counter this?"

your precise question should be "What are my weakness that are being exposed?(Both mental and physical gameplay)" ,"What weakness does he have that I can expose? ","At which point does he use option x to counter my option y?", "How can I have option z counter option x?" and so on.

I am the better player (this is not going to help you beat your friend, as Mango says you need to give your opponent the right amount of respect)

You should think about how to counter his decision making with your own (problem solving oriented / positive / focused approach)

Also provide gameplay footage to have more rigid and precise breakdown by other people, that will also ensure that you understand your weaknesses and strengths and gain a direction for working towards something.

I am assuming you at least have the knowledge to even engage in this matchup but from the recurring theme of the posts in this thread suggest that it is not the case.

/thread

Nishifue

Smash Journeyman
:facepalm:
Anyone actually looking to discuss matchups, I started a different thread
http://smashboards.com/threads/match-up-guides-discussion-thread.419656/
This isn't a thread about MUs lol.
Real Talk you can fix your mindset like this (I see you are very emotional player, nothing wrong with that but you can't let the negative aspects get to you.)

"he plays a lame east coast style" (this is a negative stance on your part)

the positive approach this would be - he plays a very textbook,optimized style

your base general question that you ask yourself at this point should be "How do I match or exceed his level of optimization/ counter this?"

your precise question should be "What are my weakness that are being exposed?(Both mental and physical gameplay)" ,"What weakness does he have that I can expose? ","At which point does he use option x to counter my option y?", "How can I have option z counter option x?" and so on.

I am the better player (this is not going to help you beat your friend, as Mango says you need to give your opponent the right amount of respect)

You should think about how to counter his decision making with your own (problem solving oriented / positive / focused approach)

Also provide gameplay footage to have more rigid and precise breakdown by other people, that will also ensure that you understand your weaknesses and strengths and gain a direction for working towards something.

I am assuming you at least have the knowledge to even engage in this matchup but from the recurring theme of the posts in this thread suggest that it is not the case.

/thread
Thanks for the advice. Also I know the MU it's just hard to play.

kyaputenfarukon07

Smash Journeyman
When you don't embrace challenges, you will have mindset issues.

You have to learn to view everything you do as a doable/possible challenge to accomplish, if you view them as impossible then there is no motivation to overcome the challenge.

Look for self improvement and then you can overcome challenges.

Last edited:

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
It's about my friend and how I should approach playing him lol.
Bad mentality yet again.

You should focus in getting better and beating him consistently will come as a reward.

Try to find a simple shortcut and you won't be learning how to beat people, but how to fraud inconsistent players.

poopboy2002

Smash Rookie
An obstacle I have right now is against a certain friend of mine that plays Sheik. We both know i'm the better player, but he has the W's over me in friendlies and in tournaments. He sports a very lame, east coast play style and abuses d throw > tech chases all day. I do my best to mix up my techs, but at this point he knows all of my mix ups. I need help in beating him. I can win on my FD cp, but I can't win anywhere else. Help me.
make sure that when you do get an opening (namely a grab) you can punish extremely hard, optimally to death. If you want to avoid getting grabbed, here's some stuff to try:

Run up shield to bait ftilt, shield grab or wavedash OoS to grab

When sheik jumps to throw needles down at you, shield and buffer roll away so she can't follow up

Space all aerials on shield, try to fade back your nairs so that sheik can't punish them. She can bair you OoS if you land behind her but if you land just far enough in front she has no options to punish it.

The obvious strategy of platform camping and coming down with bairs, uairs, and nairs

They work for me, but obviously not perfectly because i'm not a top falcon ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Nishifue

Smash Journeyman
to git gud, you need to understand things.
To understand things, you need to be mature enough to listen.
I lol at the fact you think you're mature. You've done nothing but troll me on this thread.

Edit: Can someone lock this thread? Greatly appreciate it. Can't handle all the hate lol.

Last edited:

copke

I Just Got This Controller
NNID
copke46
3DS FC
1049-0983-0823
I partially know the matchup between Captain Falcon and the dreaded lame Sheik.
The biggest reason is because I used to play like, the lamest Sheik in OH.

I would recommend trying to dart away when you see the ftilts come out, or when you see them trying to get an opening using nair or fair. There are differences in every lame Sheik, each one with their own level of weenie. I was that one over the top ftilt fair weenie Sheik lmao

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Internet advice: Reply to people who are trying to help you and don't reply to people who aren't

Melee advice: Assuming both you and your friend are from Wisconsin, then you both probably do more things wrong than right. Therefore, since there is so much to work on and such a low bar to reach, all you have to do is practice to become better than him.

Laudandus

Smash Journeyman
Internet advice: Reply to people who are trying to help you and don't reply to people who aren't

Melee advice: Assuming both you and your friend are from Wisconsin, then you both probably do more things wrong than right. Therefore, since there is so much to work on and such a low bar to reach, all you have to do is practice to become better than him.
Didn't you read the OP? He already is better than his friend.

¥UNG DØNUŦ

Smash Rookie
Sooo after about the top of the second page and people just arguing and b****ing back and forth at each other, I can easily conclude this.

Falcon is good, Sheik is good, punish her mistakes, DD a lot, play some mindgames, play on stages with platforms (I think I saw somewhere on this page you saying you had issues against her needles) and win like a b0$$.

If you can't do these required steps, gg.

ALSO, the OP..er is kinda a hypocrite just saying. You wanna talk about people talking smack to you when in reality you are talking smack about a whole coast by calling his playstyle very "East Coast". I am from the East Coast and not all the Sheik's around here only tech-chase, everyone has their own playstyle. Along with people talking trash to you, you know you only feed the trolls by even telling them you are getting bothered by their bulls***... Just saying, maybe this thread needs to be removed, and restarted.

Also I <3 Laudandus.

Last edited:

Nishifue

Smash Journeyman
Sigh... why are ppl (especially you Laudandus) still posting on this thread??? SOMEONE CLOSE THIS THREAD!!!!

Kiusthugs

Smash Apprentice
This. Part of being a good smash player is being a good role model which is something he's not. Making a FB page on hating Falcon is the biggest character John I've ever seen and it's on Falcon, a character that isn't very broken and a character Sheik has an advantage on.
Wait... you say you are better than him, but lose legit to him. I'm assuming better means knowledgeable because this thread is aids lmao. You talk about role models when youre not telling your friend some things you know like jab resetting, from what I'm reading. Calling your friends shiek lame isn't what good role models do especially if they're doing what sheiks are supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom