• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dealing off with pressure on tournaments?

Yunior597

Smash Journeyman
Besides i have been in many tournament, there is no way i can get rid off the pressure/fear i feel during tournament plays even money matches sometimes... which is preventing me to win or beat people who i can easily beat in friendlies.

moomoomamoo

Smash Apprentice
For me I have to "warm up" by playing a lot of friendlies before the tournament with the characters I plan on using and play against the characters I fear running into. Once I'm warmed up I get hyped from the adrenaline. For a lot of my friends, they're the same way. :x

juiey2

Smash Cadet
1. Don't play metaknight < This is fundamental
2. Use a character that you can be remembered of (Don't use Wario, IC's, MK, Diddy kong, Snake).
3. Imagine yourself being remembered (hey dude, its yunior, lets watch that moarfackar play mario, he's the best!!!)
4. Don't ask why you shouldn't play MK.

It worked for me \o/ i got 3rd in a regional

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Why is there fear? Do you lack confidence in yourself? You're there to win, after all, and you should feel like you can manage that.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Remember the people who care about you. Whether I'm playing Smash or working, thinking about my friends and family--people who know what I'm capable of and truly love me for who I am--the pressure's always off.

:phone:

-Ran

Smash Master
If you're that apprehensive to the point of fear before a tournament match, it's because you don't have faith in the practice/effort you've applied prior to the event. By the time you are actually in a match, there's nothing left to do except play.

Life

Smash Hero
Tournament pressure is a lot like stage hazards. Good players can avoid the hazards--great players take advantage of them. It is the same with pressure--the key isn't to not feel pressure; the key is to let the pressure improve you instead of distract you.

tekkie

Smash Master
Remember the people who care about you. Whether I'm playing Smash or working, thinking about my friends and family--people who know what I'm capable of and truly love me for who I am--the pressure's always off.

seriously, zigsta, that was the craziest awesomest thing i've ever read

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace

Leave it to Zigsta... I teared up.

Seriously dude, just make sure to get plenty of practice, until
you FEEL ready, and don't stop until you KNOW you're good
to go. Try to stay focused on nothing but the screen and your charecter
and you should be good.

Top Bottom