• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDDcide is not reliable?

JST

Smash Apprentice
I ran a match against a very good player who lives nearby the other day in a friendly. I was using D3, of course.

When I was playing against him, I managed to suck him up into a DDDcide and managed to turn the match in my favor.

Or so I thought.

He got out in literally half a second and I fell to my death because it caught me by surprise.

All he did to get out was violate the hell out of his controller.

Then later, my friend did the same thing against me.

Then I tried doing it. Getting out was surprisingly easy (Although it doesn't go as planned when the DDDcide is FFed prior).

So I have a question, is there a way to ensure that the opponent stays inside you (lol) or can the opponent get out as long as they have the reaction and stick-rotating and button-mashing prowess to do so?

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Reaction and stick turning, but then thats why you Bthrow off the stage, Bair Bair, Fair, then inhale and Dededecide, they NEVER expect it, and can't get out.

smash501

Smash Rookie
Or wat u could do is inhale them and throw them out just as they are about to hit the curve of FD. lol usually since they msh buttons to get out..they do their up b and hit their head..and fall to their death..i always do that and it mostly always works :D

smallwolf24

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0834-2422-8954
I thought DDD would hold the enemy inside longer and longer with it's high percentage like a grab. DDDcide never failed so far.

JST

Smash Apprentice
Thing is, DDDcide is only useful when you're significantly ahead in percentage and the opponent is not, or if you have as stock lead. If you get them to a high percent just so you can suck them up to your death, Inhale loses it's usefulness.

The thing about spitting them out is a good idea, but seems like it would be inconsistent - it wouldn't work terribly well against me because I was able to break out easily just by rotating the Cstick and Analog very fast. Granted, you have to to do it immediately upon being sucked up and incredibly fast - I'm talking Mario Party 1 control stick minigame nightmares all over again. This tactic would probably only work against people who obliterate their controller (aka: button mashers) trying to get out, even then, they have an equal chance of doing some other special or some other attack as they do to do their upB.

If this is the case, the only way to get consistent DDDcides would be to fast-fall them. Or maybe we should start spitting them out below FD or something, iunno.

CO18

Smash Hero
DDDcide never fails me lol. If youre sucking them up on the stage then jumping off that almost never works but in any other situation it does.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
If this is the case, the only way to get consistent DDDcides would be to fast-fall them. Or maybe we should start spitting them out below FD or something, iunno.
Were you not FFing before?

These are the basic rules of Dededecideing:
1. Always FF. This is self-explanatory.
2. Never start on stage. Bait them while they're ledgeguarding you or, in the case of Metaknight, Kirby, etc., while they're trying to WoP you.
3. If you could spit them out and put them in a position where they would be unable to recover whereas you could still live, spit that **** out. If the stage has weird ledges like Pokemon Stadium, or if they have bad horizontal recovery (Snake, Marth), tether recovery (Olimar, ZSS), or bad recovery in general (Lucario, space animals). I once spit someone out under the middle of Battlefield, then was able to grab the ledge before they got back. Of course, for characters with ridiculous recoveries like Metaknight and ROB, you're better off going down with your opponent.

If you do those, you should have a much easier time with it.

JST

Smash Apprentice
The guy I was playing could get out even when I sucked him up when I was already falling. :/

Neither me or my opponents are dumb enough to let a DDDcide start onstage, lol. I guess I'm just not doing it right.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
try to fast fall before attempting the swallowcide.... and incase they get out, just keep tapping jump while they're inside u and u will jump when they get out

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Dededecide is awesome, just don't get too predictable.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Chexrs the only player who ever broke outta my DDDcide :D

They can only get out at low %'s..you just need to make sure to fast fall it..

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
I do not attempt Dededecide unless my opponent is well above one hundred percent. The risk of them getting out and me losing a stock at the least before them is to much. If I do inhale my opponent with intent to DDDcide, it is only from off stage. It is too easy for my opponent to break free as I slowly waddle off stage.
However, this does not mean that the set exhale does not set up for easy kills.

Pdiamond

Smash Apprentice
on "DDDcide" when your falling and your right next to the stage, and once you know you got them in you you hold down on the analog stick to fall even faster

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I do not attempt Dededecide unless my opponent is well above one hundred percent. The risk of them getting out and me losing a stock at the least before them is to much. If I do inhale my opponent with intent to DDDcide, it is only from off stage. It is too easy for my opponent to break free as I slowly waddle off stage.
However, this does not mean that the set exhale does not set up for easy kills.
Really? Over 100%?

**** that, I only do it when I'm at a high percent and they are at a low percent.

On topic, I've had opponents get out occasionally, but that's when I suck them up way above the stage. I normally get them at the edge or a little above it without any problems.

airsmasher

Smash Apprentice
It works pretty well for me, but that's probably because I take the time to beat them up first.

Top Bottom