• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD no walls infinite chain? info from Japan

I.T.P

Smash Ace
this is a copy paste from the DDD forum, cause I want to know if this works or not

original thread(by me) http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=152118

I just heard about this from Kei-Takagi, the Japanese american, and I need someone to confirm this.

According to him, Dedede can infinitely chain grab certain characters by not moving from place and simply grabbing right after the Dthrow. he said this works on mario,luigi,samus,dk and in some situations bowser. apparently you can just do this from 0 to 250%, and then throw backwards for the kill.

can someone test this for me? I'm not home right now, and don't have my own copy yet.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
i've done this so many times. oh mannnn, doesn't work against luigi and marth from what i know.

:)

but dedede's chain grab is BEAST!

I.T.P

Smash Ace
i've done this so many times. oh mannnn, doesn't work against luigi and marth from what i know.

:)

but dedede's chain grab is BEAST!

are you sure you're talking about the same thing? I'm talking about regrabbing these 4-5 characters without moving from the spot endlessly, not chasing their movement and re-grabbing.

Metzger

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I really hope this is not true. If it is truly inescapable wouldn't this be enough for consideration to ban him from tournaments, even if it's not every character?

I'll certainly test this when I get off work.

Miller

Smash Lord
Wow, I really hope this is not true. If it is truly inescapable wouldn't this be enough for consideration to ban him from tournaments, even if it's not every character?

I'll certainly test this when I get off work.
Why ban a character when you can ban a stage?

Metzger

Smash Apprentice
Why ban a character when you can ban a stage?
What stage would you ban that would prevent this? He's saying you don't even have to move and it doesn't require a wall. Pretty sure that implies it would be possible anywhere.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
I just tested it against Mario, and I couldn't do it. Not to say it's impossible, but I'm pretty sure you can't do it.

~Dac

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Alright, I just tested against a human (not moving) and a lvl 9 CPU. I got it to work a few times on the human, but never once on the CPU. I seriously doubt it's an infinite.

~Dac

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Holy crap, I just tested it with DK and it's working. I may have been doing it wrong with Mario. Ohhh lawd... This might be true...

~Dac

[Edit] It seems like you have about 1-2 frames to get the regrab off after the throw, but this definitely works. I'm testing it on lvl 9s and they're not getting out of it.

Wow, so completely gay. I can't believe it. Is it even possible to ban a character?

~Dac^2

raichur0xx0rz

Smash Cadet
Holy crap, I just tested it with DK and it's working. I may have been doing it wrong with Mario. Ohhh lawd... This might be true...

~Dac

[Edit] It seems like you have about 1-2 frames to get the regrab off after the throw, but this definitely works. I'm testing it on lvl 9s and they're not getting out of it.

Wow, so completely gay. I can't believe it. Is it even possible to ban a character?

~Dac^2
Even if people were able to do this 100%, it would not justify the banning of the character. A few characters had infinites before, and at worst, the combo was banned (wobbling, for example).

Yagi

Smash Ace
it works on Samus dk mario and luigi. It is extremely easy to do.

Kei also told me about it awhile ago, and I was able to master it in less than a day.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
it works on Samus dk mario and luigi. It is extremely easy to do.

Kei also told me about it awhile ago, and I was able to master it in less than a day.
that's good to hear, it means I'll make DDD even more of a luigi counter than he is now :)

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Even if people were able to do this 100%, it would not justify the banning of the character. A few characters had infinites before, and at worst, the combo was banned (wobbling, for example).
Let me explain why the other character weren't banned even though they had infinites/chaingrabs

Marth-chaingrab was character specific (two characters) and percentage specific. No ban
Shiek-chaingrab was percentage specific. No ban
Fox-chaingrab was character specific (two characters) and percentage specific. No ban Waveshine was character specific and required a wall. Banned most walled levels to eliminate that.
Gannondorf-chaingrab was percentage specific and a little character specific. No ban
Mario-chaingrab was percentage specific and a character specific. No ban
Ice climbers-chaingrab was dependant on having Nana/character specific. No ban. Wobble was very situational (you had to have Nana standing idle when you do the grab and the opponent may break out of the grab before you set it up). Banned only in some tournaments (up to tournament organizer's discretion)

Please don't use any of these cases for defending against a ban, because they were largely saved because they only work in specific situations, and most of them are not infinites. In fact, most chaingrabs end before a character is actually at a killing percent.

DDDs chaingrab, if it does not actually require moving at all, would be a real infinite that works on half of the cast on any level that is extremely easy to set up. All you have to do is get one grab and they die as long as you've got decent techskill. With the wobble you had to have Nana standing next to you in order to set it up, by which time the opponent may have escaped.

If this is true and it really is an infinite on any level, then I'm sure consideration for banning the tactic will take place.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Let me explain why the other character weren't banned even though they had infinites/chaingrabs

Marth-chaingrab was character specific (two characters) and percentage specific. No ban
Shiek-chaingrab was percentage specific. No ban
Fox-chaingrab was character specific (two characters) and percentage specific. No ban Waveshine was character specific and required a wall. Banned most walled levels to eliminate that.
Gannondorf-chaingrab was percentage specific and a little character specific. No ban
Mario-chaingrab was percentage specific and a character specific. No ban
Ice climbers-chaingrab was dependant on having Nana/character specific. No ban. Wobble was very situational (you had to have Nana standing idle when you do the grab and the opponent may break out of the grab before you set it up). Banned only in some tournaments (up to tournament organizer's discretion)

Please don't use any of these cases for defending against a ban, because they were largely saved because they only work in specific situations, and most of them are not infinites. In fact, most chaingrabs end before a character is actually at a killing percent.

DDDs chaingrab, if it does not actually require moving at all, would be a real infinite that works on half of the cast on any level that is extremely easy to set up. All you have to do is get one grab and they die as long as you've got decent techskill. With the wobble you had to have Nana standing next to you in order to set it up, by which time the opponent may have escaped.

If this is true and it really is an infinite on any level, then I'm sure consideration for banning the tactic will take place.
Dedede's infinite grab in place only works against 4 characters(DK,mario,luigi,samus). except making him a counter for those, this does not break him or the game in any way, and just like wobbling, it takes a bit of timing, and requires the opponent to get grabbed.

if they didn't ban that, they won't ban this.

kraz33d

Smash Rookie
Dedede's infinite grab in place only works against 4 characters(DK,mario,luigi,samus). except making him a counter for those, this does not break him or the game in any way, and just like wobbling, it takes a bit of timing, and requires the opponent to get grabbed.

if they didn't ban that, they won't ban this.
+1. Character specific, unban!! =)

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I just hope this won't make playing DDD too long, because it seems to take ages to get to high enough percentages doing this, especially when DDD has stuff like Bthrow to jumping waddle toss, which do 32% in 2 hits...

sweetooth

Smash Ace
how can you completely ban a dthrow? i can see them making it so that you can only do it a couple of times, but even then you could do the infinate then follow up with the dthrow cg. still a very good tech for a DDD player to know

BalefireBoy

Smash Journeyman
Yep, just triple confirming. I was there with Yagi testing it after Kei told us a couple weeks ago and it took me about 2-3 hours of testing to become pretty proficient at it. It does only work on those four characters Mario, Luigi, Samus and DK and it's inescapable if DDD doesn't mess up.

I'm sure once it becomes well-known it will be banned because it's not hard to do, DDD only has to grab you once to start it and his grab is amazing, and he can take those 4 characters to 999% if he wants or just backthrow at 200% for the easy kill. Nothing they can do.

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
To ppl that are thinking about jumping on the ''ban DDD'' bandwagon...

sheik was not banned in melee

OMG!! CONGRADULATIONS BigRick your the one millionth customer to say this stupid comment.

YOU CANT DI DEDEDE'S CHAIN GRAB. SHEIK'S YOU COULD. DUMBA**

And Those out there that are taking a vote to ban Dedede's chain grab you have my FULL SUPPORT. I have no idea how true gamers can seriously back this move up? it takes no skill WATSOEVER. why dont u ppl actually play the game and get to know the character and stop whoring and spamming moves like you have no brain cells.

When my crew starts hosting tournaments we are SERIOUSLY thinking about banning that move. Supposively there's something out there about being able to break grabs. An instant grab breaker. If this is true, you could keep those cheap tactics but it wont do u much good.

usea

Smash Ace
Wow, this thread is bringing out the old-timers :)

I see no reason why this should be banned. Whether or not it's easy to do doesn't matter. Winning with something that's easy to do versus something hard to do (wobbling vs fox infinites) should not affect its legality in tournaments. SOMEBODY is going to master an effective technique, no matter how difficult it is to perform. A player will succeed (and thus, should be judged) based on effectiveness, not on difficulty.

The reason for banning it should be because it's so effective that it eliminates too many other choices in the game, reducing the game to something that's undesirable.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Okay noobs.

Grabs you can break out.

Chain grabs are CHAIN GRABS in which you chain together grab moves, his dthrow -> chase is a chain grab. His dthrow -> dthrow is an infinite. Please be more clear when speaking about either two because banning his standard chain grab is just ********.

S2

Smash Lord
This will not get DDD banned.

Like any tactics, it'll be tournament legal because its very character specific.

Worst case scenario, DDD infinite grabbing will be banned.

That would probably only happen if DDD's start winning tons of tournaments due to that tactic alone. That scenario is highly unlikely. Because if DDD is a lesser used tournament character, most players probably won't care if he has an abusable tactic.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Don't talk about banning when tournaments have just barely begun and the metagame is still in its early stages.

Mercury

Smash Apprentice
it's pretty character specific, but holy ****, as if Dedede wasn't good enough with one infinite grab. anyone who masters these grabs, like maybe Chu did with IC, will be such a devastating player. good thing i main olimar and i can just throw all my pikmin on him lololol.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Some of the techniques that are being found really make me question how good I want to get at Brawl. Obviously I can "simply not use them" when playing amonst friends, but the point of the matter is that if I play with other people (kind of half the point) they may not follow the same rules, and are most likely the go with the officially accepted banlist (thus whether or not the way it's handled meshes with the way I'd like to see it done will play a role in whether or not I try to get good at Brawl).... and I have a feeling it'll be like Melee where the community would rather ban tons of stages than simply say "you can't downthrow twice in a row." Dedede isn't the only character with something "abuseable" (I know Falco has something to a lesser extent that's character/percentile specific, and it sounds like Ice Climbers still got some of their old mojo too). Point is, it seemsl ike most people don't want to ban a specific techniques unless it's basically an insta-win against all/practically all characters on just about any stage.

I dunno, have to wait and see how it all develops.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I only had the patience to test this on DK.

You ready for this?

0-300%+ without any chance of escape.....****ing standing still. (Not to say it can't go higher, I just stopped.)

I'm gonna pick up Dedede until he's banned, lol.
but it only works against 4 chracters, that's not enough to decide on playing a character

also, you don't need to stop, you can just throw back and kill with it :p

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
If the technique is really that bad I'm sure it'll just be banned or maybe people won't pick DK, Mario, Samus, or Luigi vs DDD? Hmmm.....

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
OMG!! CONGRADULATIONS BigRick your the one millionth customer to say this stupid comment.

YOU CANT DI DEDEDE'S CHAIN GRAB. SHEIK'S YOU COULD. DUMBA**

And Those out there that are taking a vote to ban Dedede's chain grab you have my FULL SUPPORT. I have no idea how true gamers can seriously back this move up? it takes no skill WATSOEVER. why dont u ppl actually play the game and get to know the character and stop whoring and spamming moves like you have no brain cells.

When my crew starts hosting tournaments we are SERIOUSLY thinking about banning that move. Supposively there's something out there about being able to break grabs. An instant grab breaker. If this is true, you could keep those cheap tactics but it wont do u much good.
lol get that sand off yo pussay

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Bigrick, you seriously remind me of a poster in my forum called Spam, you're ****ing hillarious man!

and you watch eyeshield 21! what can be better? :p
hehe thanks but I wasn't even trying to be funny

that thing only works on 5 chars and there's like 30+ in total

if ppl want to play mindlessly while spamming the same moves, yeah you can make fun of them, but other than that you gotta let them be... who are you to tell them how to play

he shouldn't throw such a fuss over a video game... he isn't forced to play it, theres tons of other video games or activities out there

kraz33d

Smash Rookie
hehe thanks but I wasn't even trying to be funny

that thing only works on 5 chars and there's like 30+ in total

if ppl want to play mindlessly while spamming the same moves, yeah you can make fun of them, but other than that you gotta let them be... who are you to tell them how to play

he shouldn't throw such a fuss over a video game... he isn't forced to play it, theres tons of other video games or activities out there
You's da man.

Long live BigRick

Top Bottom