• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dd Wd

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
one of the newer ganons started doing quick dash dances folowed by wave dashes and it was working as a great mind game. (either Chadd or stormBlast)

how?

i cant get it down. help please?

(id be more specific but i dont have much time to type this.)

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
so you mean to tell me that in order to dash dance into a wave dash, you must first dash dance then wave dash?
gosh. its all so clear now!
/rolls eyes.

i meant more along the lines of incorporating it into mindgames and also how to make the WD as fluid and long as possible.

HZ514

Smash Cadet
I love doing this when my friend is DD-WD-ing with fox, and having other people ask why I'm as fast as fox. Basically, you want to have as horizontal a direction on your stick as possible to WD longer. Of course, that also means you have to be closer to the ground. It's a gradual process. =D

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I live on this when I mess around with Falcon. But yeah, it's nothing new. As for "mindgame" potential, it's used for straight up spacing yourself and keeping your opponent guessing where you will go. Given you can do some pretty crazy things with it to trick people out but those are very situational really, just things you invent on the fly.

All in all, if you just play around with it you'll get better at it and will hopefully be able to "mindgame" with it.

Good luck :p

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I think you may have seen Linguini do it in his crew match. You just need to make sure that you know which way you are facing at all times, so you can be prepared to do the attack you plan on when your opponent approaches. If you do this, the opponent may be confused as they approach you, because they won't be so sure which direction you will be facing when they arrive, so they don't know which attack is going to hit them.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i started doing this with my marth way back when i learned to WD. its pretty fast for edgehogging (DD towards edge then away then instantly WD back). if you want to use it as a mindgame... do you really need to ask? like, have you gotten so lazy that you cant use your own brain to trick people? now you need the boards to tell you a trick to win with? use your brain FFS

Top Bottom