• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs Marvel | Victory!

Chaco

Never Logs In
Townread on joker. His hitting the nail on the head with KWK.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
The fact KWK is skimming might be telling in the context of his apparent scum read on me if he thought those were my reasons and thusly counter scum read me then his reasons on me to be scummy were really his points to think joker was

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Retracting any claims of Gorf distancing Chaco. They're not scum together. As for my initial claim I was just going off what sokr said about gorf dropping his line of questioning on Chaco when the shield event came up.

Yo gorf what do you think of Laundry, Murder and Arcane?
If KWK is confused about why "hydra johns and backpedaling" is something they've done, just go ahead and read this post.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Nothing now. I'm just reading so there's not a million posts to go through when I wake up.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Oh and I'm thinking kwk might be dumb townie skimming hardcore.

Chaco

Never Logs In
If KWK is confused about why "hydra johns and backpedaling" is something they've done, just go ahead and read this post.
Or where he mimics exactly what I've said, attacks me for something I said that doesn't exist.

I'm sure there's more. In fact, after I finish up this thread I'll re-read and look.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Oh and ran might be scum too but I have to pursue him more before I determine that
This is interesting....what's tipping you to this? I know he normally does the 1000 questions routine and I haven't seen much of it this game so far. Is that it?

Joker can die.
Can you elaborate on why Joker should die? I don't see a problem with him right now.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Ok, finally the two of us managed to get together. Deadline is what, 6 days from now? Plenty of time.

1. #HBC | Gorf - Gorf currently sits near the top of our scumlist. I challenge you to go and read the explanation for his stance on the shield. First off, that is the leading scum perspective. Yomi Layer 1. Now if you look at how he treats it, when called out on being wrong, he tries to justify it, rather than admitting to being wrong. "But we can do whatever."

2. #HBC | Ranmaru - Null read, not important right now. He's Ran, he'll make his alignment pretty clear shortly. Read the game before you go bothering people, though.

3. thethirdkoopa - Null. Vig plz, needs to play the game.

4. #HBC | Laundry - I am thoroughly surprised you're not further involved with this game. I understand that you're busy right now, but I still require you to post before I can read you. Refresh me: What are your reads on Gorf, Chaco, and KWK?

5. Chaco - First, Raz's read on this slot. He has a town lean on Chaco currently, primarily based on how forward Chaco has been with his reads thus far. Particularly, he find it town-minded that Chaco clearly puts forward a town-read on Joker based on Joker's interactions with KWK. He thinks scum does not have an exceptional amount of reason to close that door this early, given Joker's penchant for dealing with pressure rather poorly.

Ryker, on the other hand, would like to extend a big-warm '**** you', because you're going to have to hold onto this hydra disagreement. I thoroughly dislike the way Chaco has pushed for KWK, his line about hydra disagreements in particular. Seems like a justification pinned on to allow him a seat with the crowd backing Arcane Inferno's read. KWK has stated that their hydra may have disagreed, but they are not by any stretch of the imagination, moving to dodge responsibility for their actions. While I do not think Chaco v Gorf is SvS per se, the argument was flimsy, toothless, and drawn out, far past being necessary.

This is probably the most dynamic disagreement we've had in a while.

6. Arcane Inferno (Gheb_01/#HBC | Frozeηflame) - Null. You're going to have to work real hard to sell us on KWKScum. Because if anything, we have a townlean on the slot.

7. Kreative Whiz Kids (Potassium/Sokr) - Town lean. The amount of hate this slot has garnered for this stage in the game is mind-boggling. We've seen him trying to advance the game and get his opinions out, and even then, none of those opinions look significantly scummy.

8. #HBC | BarDeezy - Once more, I think this slot is Town, because there's no way scum come forward to shut down the idea of anonymously passing the shield, when it looks like a viable outcome. I was trying to get KWK to respond, but he jumped in on the bait, trying to actively prevent the scum-sided outcome.

9. mUrDeRbUsH (Raziek/#HBC | Ryker) - We want the shield. Give it.

10. JeXs - I doubt a game will go by where I don't start the game suspecting this slot to some extent. He's not a mover or a shaker, but I know he's not an idiot. Comments like his RVS 'who should I sheep' are annoying, but comments such as claiming Chaco vs. Gorf as TvT when I have both on my scumlist are disconcerting. I do not like this slot, but don't have nearly enough to properly read this slot. One of the best investigation targets.

11. Wots All This Then? (JDietz43/Orboknown) - Dietz on the other hand, IS an idiot. He completely misread what we were saying in an overly defensive outburst. Currently null, considering how much has yet to happen in this game, and begs further investigation.

12. #HBC | Rake. - Once more, the KWK vote is disconcerting, and lack of content from a slot I would expect to be posting more is also bothersome.

13. #HBC | Joker - I recant my earlier comment that Joker can die. At this stage, he's not worth it, and doesn't fit my scumteam. I thoroughly dislike his reasoning and vote, but I'll just call him dumb for now, since I can't see Chaco coming forward with that Townread on a scum-mate.

14. #HBC | Red Ryu - Super duper dislike his early posts without explanation. That **** reeks. What he has done this day vote Gorf in RVS, put a crappy vote on Chaco, and stand in the way of Rake/WATT town-reading Laundry, and offered to move his vote to Joker without actually doing so. Nothing he's done this game has brought any pressure to bear. Has shown no real initiative to find scum, textbook ScumLurkRuy can find his way to an early grave.

15. #HBC | Scary - What the **** has this slot even done? Nullest of nulls.

16. #HBC | DtJ | ASL | BSL - Brad. Agrees with Gorf's stance on the shield. Hella grody. That's all he's done so far. Might be the only slot in the game that's better vig bait than TK.

Town: Murderbush, Bardull, KWK
Scum: Ruy, BSL, Chaco, Gorf

Vote: #HBC | Red Ryu

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I see my name mentioned a few times. Currently, I'm un-invested and busy. I promise I'll get caught up in the next few days (at the latest, friday night). I already have a few gut reads but I think some of you can guess what those are.

Arcane Inferno

FrozenFlame|Gheb
6. Arcane Inferno (Gheb_01/#HBC | Frozeηflame) - Null. You're going to have to work real hard to sell us on KWKScum. Because if anything, we have a townlean on the slot.
Except that I don't give a **** about your opinions unless stated otherwise. Think what you will about KWK, it's of no concern to me.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
brb rereading the whole game.

i'm a ****ing dingus, johns are that it was 3am

when i said i agreed with gorf, i thought gorf was the on suggesting we move the shield publicly. anonymous is dumb.

chaco i take back what i said i love you. thanks for making me look again.

Chaco

Never Logs In
No, it's just Gorf-levels of ********. Drop it, you won't get anything out of it that you haven't gotten yet.
Oh I'm not pursuing it any further. I was just telling him where my thought process was at the time.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Someone argue with Murder about why I'm scummy. I feel compelled to refute his points and make him expand but playing devils advocate here wouldn't work too well.

Gheb's attitude is disgusting. Tries to tell people what they can and cannot do and refuses to talk to anyone who disagrees. If you're town you disgust me.

Chaco

Never Logs In
5. Chaco - First, Raz's read on this slot. He has a town lean on Chaco currently, primarily based on how forward Chaco has been with his reads thus far. Particularly, he find it town-minded that Chaco clearly puts forward a town-read on Joker based on Joker's interactions with KWK. He thinks scum does not have an exceptional amount of reason to close that door this early, given Joker's penchant for dealing with pressure rather poorly.

Ryker, on the other hand, would like to extend a big-warm '**** you', because you're going to have to hold onto this hydra disagreement. I thoroughly dislike the way Chaco has pushed for KWK, his line about hydra disagreements in particular. Seems like a justification pinned on to allow him a seat with the crowd backing Arcane Inferno's read. KWK has stated that their hydra may have disagreed, but they are not by any stretch of the imagination, moving to dodge responsibility for their actions. While I do not think Chaco v Gorf is SvS per se, the argument was flimsy, toothless, and drawn out, far past being necessary.

This is probably the most dynamic disagreement we've had in a while.
No there's no justification at all for that hydra disagreement in particular. Nulling a tell based on one head disagreeing with something as FORWARD as they stated it is a mild level of ********, Ryker. If a non-hydra account posts a STATEMENT on what they think, and then retract it with the complete opposite two pages later, what would you make of it? Hydras should be treated the same manner in this way. Like I said, a read is one thing, that can change between the two heads. A mechanic based statement, where after it has been elaborated upon and THEN they take another stance? That's a tell. First off, their slot's stances are non-augmented. Town flows with their stances, you can follow the reasoning from one end to the other. With their slot you cannot, because it's choppy and two entirely different stances. You don't even get the "well im gonna disagree with my hydra head and say...[insert whatever]." Also, it's BLATANTLY OBVIOUS that they are not reading, and instead skimming. You can't deny that at all, Ryker. The whole play reeks to me of not caring and being overall lackluster, which = anti-town. They would not the differences in what they've said before if they had read. So, basically your stance on me is because of me thinking their scum, and drawing Gorf out to give me his full ideas. Okaaaaay, anything of actual substance?

MY THOUGHTS ON HYDRAS AS A SLOT: I think hydras get way to easy of a pass on common tells because they can play it off as heads disagreeing. So no, I don't accept that. You play as ONE slot. Not two people in one slot, posting separately. You post as one, you are one. Discuss before you post and come to a consensus. If one head is not playing, STATE THAT. You guys, being Murderbush, do that fine. KWK, terribly.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
It seems I mistook joker for Rake in one of my points. Either way, the point stands for Joker as much as it did for Rake, the accusations are silly. When I posted about Gorf and Chaco being TvT, that was an opinion Sokr and I both agreed upon. Earlier in the Day, we thought the interaction was scummy from both of them. Our reads changed fluidly but we didn't contradict each other at any point.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Chaco you're mistaking both mine and Sokrs reads changing for a hydra discrepancy.

NEVER did we try to write off anything in our play as not a tell due to hydra johns. That assertion from you and Joker is absurd and flat out wrong.

Yes we will disagree at times, and yes we will change our own and each others reads. We're not gonna make excuses about it but we're not gonna stop doing it either. It's not an excuse and you can go **** yourself

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Chaco you're mistaking both mine and Sokrs reads changing for a hydra discrepancy.

NEVER did we try to write off anything in our play as not a tell due to hydra johns. That assertion from you and Joker is absurd and flat out wrong.

Yes we will disagree at times, and yes we will change our own and each others reads. We're not gonna make excuses about it but we're not gonna stop doing it either. It's not an excuse and you can go **** yourself
Dude, it is RIGHT HERE
Retracting any claims of Gorf distancing Chaco. They're not scum together. As for my initial claim I was just going off what sokr said about gorf dropping his line of questioning on Chaco when the shield event came up.

Yo gorf what do you think of Laundry, Murder and Arcane?
You literally do a complete 180, and the reason you give for it is "I was just going off what my hydra partner said"

That's a hydra john. That's you using the fact that you are a hydra as an excuse to 180 your stance.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Do you take issue with the actual content of the 180? The fact that you're pushing him off what is seemingly purely the fact that he reversed a read with no other context is ********.

Am I scum for reversing my read on you?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Do you take issue with the actual content of the 180? The fact that you're pushing him off what is seemingly purely the fact that he reversed a read with no other context is ********.

Am I scum for reversing my read on you?
The thing is that the 180 happened because he was getting heat for the initial stance. The reason they gave for the 180 wasn't "we thought it over, and decided we were wrong", it was "no man, that was just my hydra partner. We totally never actually thought the first thing in the first place."

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
No dude.

It's not because it was my hydra partner, it's because I skimmed the interaction and saw a slot I know to be confirmed town (my own) say that Gorf had backed off Chaco. I believed that at face value and saw the action of Gorf backing off Chaco as scummy.

Upon reading for myself I both realized that was not what happened and talked to my hydra partner about what he perceived, thereby changing both of our stances.

I hope that clarifies it. Kantrip signing off, no more hydra problems from here on out.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
bet imma be ninja'd hard again

so @ Dramatic Flair Dramatic Flair since me n chaco ain't mates, who's scum? sure razll say me, but what about ryker?

also your read on the shield thing is ********. i will gladly wait till you drop it.

but i will say that i dig the ruy vote, i actually forgot he was in this game. might move my vote there to help the wagon depending on his coming into thread.

brb rereading the whole game.

i'm a ****ing dingus, johns are that it was 3am

when i said i agreed with gorf, i thought gorf was the on suggesting we move the shield publicly. anonymous is dumb.

chaco i take back what i said i love you. thanks for making me look again.
...so then that makes me the scum of us two i guess? you still hardly answered anything.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
No dude.

It's not because it was my hydra partner, it's because I skimmed the interaction and saw a slot I know to be confirmed town (my own) say that Gorf had backed off Chaco. I believed that at face value and saw the action of Gorf backing off Chaco as scummy.

Upon reading for myself I both realized that was not what happened and talked to my hydra partner about what he perceived, thereby changing both of our stances.

I hope that clarifies it. Kantrip signing off, no more hydra problems from here on out.
are Rake and I both still scum? You haven't explained that yet.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
are Rake and I both still scum? You haven't explained that yet.
You are most certainly still scum. I still don't like rake throwing out reads I can't see the thought process behind but the other point against him actually applies to you so I have less problems with him than I thought.

Any more questions for me before I give sokr the reins?

Top Bottom