• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs Marvel | Victory!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't think Joker is scum.

But he needs to get out of that tunnel for sure and tell us who KWKs scummates are or what other direction he'd be looking if KWK lynch isn't happening.

I'm not against lynching KWK fyi. But Beat seriously needs to die.

:059:

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
It is embarrassing that KWK is still alive, and now adumb is dead. We have so little info to work with, because you guys lynched the completely wrong person.

There is, however, good news! Adumb is now confirmed town, and he left us with a little nugget of information. He thinks KWK is scum, and should be lynched. Ya know, like we were supposed to do. The only other townie who has died that actually played the game, is WATT. He also died with his vote on KWK, trying to make that lynch happen. These people are confirmed town, neither of them are idiots, and they thought KWK was scum.

Can we please use this information? It's literally the only info we have. For some reason, you guys were willing to just roll the dice on adumb, despite it clearly being a terrible lynch. Yet KWK, you let live. Please remedy this.

vote: KWK
But we can create new info with the new day can we not

Beat!

Smash Master
Just have to look at Day 1 and 2. Look at their push on Levi. They pumped out case after case and even went to the extent of fake claiming to try and get him lynched.
I've read most of the game now. On the one hand, you're right. They were a hell of a lot more adamant about lynching Levi.

On the other hand, you for whatever reason didn't deem it necessary to mention that Levi was in fact town that game. Do you really think it's valid to hold MB accountable for not being as balls-to-the-wall as he was in a game in which he ended up being wrong?

KWK is no go, I believe his claim.

JeXs, substantiation please.

@Joker: Unsure about JeXs at this moment.

Beat can die though, dislike the Adum push. I very vocally spoke out against it and everyone who voted after is suspicious to me.
... so not me, then?

Like seriously, you're angry about the Adum push and you single out me?

- Not Gheb, who at one point called KWK the "clearly, not to say objectively" best lynch, yet still went from

Adumb, I think you can do better. Much better. Right now, I don't really see you as scum but with how you play toDay you're setting yourself up for a [mis-]lynch later imo.
to

Vote adumbrodeus
in a grand total of one page?

- Not Ruy, who didn't push for adumb over KWK at any point until he got called out for it and the wagon was already popular, and (as I've already pointed out), whose entire initial scumread on Laundry was grimy and inconsistent?

- Not Jex, who started the entire thing, who responded to my asking for elaboration by telling me to re-read, who tried to bargain with me and agreed that Ruy's play was questionable (which apparently went out the window toDay), and whose entire substantiation amounted to

Still doesn't say much. Worse still, he has beat has #2 on the "to die" list over that of ryu, which is extremely questionable. Also, he's pushing for kwk for the most opportunistic of reasons. That's like pushing a claimed cop for wanting any other lynch over his own when he's under HUGE pressure like kwk is in this game. kwk's role IS strong, that we all know. So why can't adumb see the reason kwk is doing that? It's because he's opportunistic scum.
?

- Not Bardull, who literally just said
i say we all jump adumb

LEZ DO IT!

Vote: Adumbrodeus
kinda yolo and i don't have tons of substantiation but i think i'm right on this. or joker. but preferably adumb
?

- Not KWK, who despite being the only other viable lynch still hesitated, reason being "don't want to accidentally lynch a townie"?????

No, you single out me, who didn't even vote adumb, who's made it clear at more than one point that I wanted KWK dead and that my read on the Laundry slot would largely depend on his flip, and who only even considered voting adumb when I was so certain that I'd caught Ruy that I was willing to agree to anything if it meant getting him lynched the next Day.

Like I realize that you technically don't have to substantiate anything you say because you're already confirmed town but what the **** are you actually doing? I hope you understand that you're allowing every opportunistic ****** in the game to tack on a "oh yeah beat is scummy too" because hey, a confirmed townie thinks so.

It is embarrassing that KWK is still alive, and now adumb is dead. We have so little info to work with, because you guys lynched the completely wrong person.

There is, however, good news! Adumb is now confirmed town, and he left us with a little nugget of information. He thinks KWK is scum, and should be lynched. Ya know, like we were supposed to do. The only other townie who has died that actually played the game, is WATT. He also died with his vote on KWK, trying to make that lynch happen. These people are confirmed town, neither of them are idiots, and they thought KWK was scum.

Can we please use this information? It's literally the only info we have. For some reason, you guys were willing to just roll the dice on adumb, despite it clearly being a terrible lynch. Yet KWK, you let live. Please remedy this.

vote: KWK
I'm still okay with a KWK lynch but I want Ruy to respond first, and more importantly I want to sort this sudden and complete mess out.

What's your take on this

his D2 "#2 scumread" on Scary came out of nowhere, was poorly justified and he dropped it just as quickly. Around that time (pages 30-31) was also when he suddenly had a Laundry scumread (after having stated just a little earlier that Scary, despite being his #2, was a fairly weak read and that he didn't really have any other strong scumreads). He justified this new scumread by referring to Laundry's meta-based push on Gorf, but it couldn't have been the first time that he noticed it because over 24 hours before making that post he liked my post in which I called Laundry out for it.

Beat!

Smash Master
KWK, you never answered this:

@ Kreative Whiz Kids Kreative Whiz Kids You've been occasionally tacking on a town/slight town read on me for a long time now, and several times when someone has expressed doubts about me you've been there quickly to defend me. You never ever elaborate on this, though (the most I've seen is "I like that he's picked up the slot's slack"), and you never seem to include me when talking about the slots pushing you, despite the fact that I've been on you for most of D2. Give me a detailed run-down of your townread on me because it's starting to look like (not-so-)subtle framing.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I've read most of the game now. On the one hand, you're right. They were a hell of a lot more adamant about lynching Levi.

On the other hand, you for whatever reason didn't deem it necessary to mention that Levi was in fact town that game. Do you really think it's valid to hold MB accountable for not being as balls-to-the-wall as he was in a game in which he ended up being wrong?

- Not Jex, who started the entire thing, who responded to my asking for elaboration by telling me to re-read, who tried to bargain with me and agreed that Ruy's play was questionable (which apparently went out the window toDay), and whose entire substantiation amounted to
In post game they remained insistent that Levi's play was scummy. Perhaps you didn't read all the way through, I don't blame you, it isn't your fault anyway. Was a pretty long game. I highly doubt they will change just because Levi was town due to their insistence on Levi's play.

Ryu went out of the window because you didn't vote adumb and I'm starting to feel slightly better about ryu.

Beat!

Smash Master
In post game they remained insistent that Levi's play was scummy. Perhaps you didn't read all the way through, I don't blame you, it isn't your fault anyway. Was a pretty long game. I highly doubt they will change just because Levi was town due to their insistence on Levi's play.
I read that, and I'm not questioning that they remained insistent about the actual read. I'm asking if you really think they'd go to the same ridiculous extent again, knowing the way it ended up last time. I'm asking if you're really so certain of it that you're taking it as a legitimate scum tell.

Ryu went out of the window because you didn't vote adumb
This is completely irrelevant. If you think a slot is questionable you shouldn't need an incentive to push it.

I'll admit that I'm at fault here too because I was heavily considering it and made that clear, but that doesn't make this response any better.

and I'm starting to feel slightly better about ryu.
This is relevant, though. Do tell.

Beat!

Smash Master
EBWOP

I read that, and I'm not questioning that they remained insistent about the actual read. I'm asking if you really think they'd go to the same ridiculous extent again, knowing the way it ended up last time. I'm asking if you're really so certain of it that you're taking it as a legitimate scum tell.
*as a legitimate scum tell when they don't.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I highly doubt they will change especially against a different player.

Ryu's defense on murder is terrible but I don't see it being scum motivated. He completely misunderstood why I was going for murder and I don't see that as something scum ryu would do. I think a scum ryu would be more careful in what he posts and here he's just playing without a care in the world, at least that's how it seems to me.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Why do I have so many scum reads. Literally the only people I have as town are Chaco scary and rake. Maybe Gheb and kwk. I don't ****ing know this game anymore. Too many possible scum.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Remove scary from that list. Scary is dependent on kwk. Not sure what to think but I'm thinking the scum team is bardull scary and kwk.

JeXs

Smash Champion
But then again I feel like murder and joker are scummy. ****ing hell. I don't know anymore.

Chaco

Never Logs In

... so not me, then?

Like seriously, you're angry about the Adum push and you single out me?

- Not Gheb, who at one point called KWK the "clearly, not to say objectively" best lynch, yet still went from

to

in a grand total of one page?

- Not Ruy, who didn't push for adumb over KWK at any point until he got called out for it and the wagon was already popular, and (as I've already pointed out), whose entire initial scumread on Laundry was grimy and inconsistent?

?

- Not Bardull, who literally just said

?

- Not KWK, who despite being the only other viable lynch still hesitated, reason being "don't want to accidentally lynch a townie"?????

No, you single out me, who didn't even vote adumb, who's made it clear at more than one point that I wanted KWK dead and that my read on the Laundry slot would largely depend on his flip, and who only even considered voting adumb when I was so certain that I'd caught Ruy that I was willing to agree to anything if it meant getting him lynched the next Day.

Like I realize that you technically don't have to substantiate anything you say because you're already confirmed town but what the **** are you actually doing? I hope you understand that you're allowing every opportunistic ****er in the game to tack on a "oh yeah beat is scummy too" because hey, a confirmed townie thinks so.

I'm still okay with a KWK lynch but I want Ruy to respond first, and more importantly I want to sort this sudden and complete mess out.

What's your take on this
Have you not listened that I have reason not to vote them, obviously not voiced because I DON'T ROLE FISH. Don't mind me being vague, but I'm going with Adum's SUSPECTS that are a) scummy, and b) fall in line with my very accurate for obvious reasons PoE. If you ask me any more questions about this it will be treated as role fishing, because that what it amounts to.

Trust me, Gheb is by no means safe. If you're so worried about everyone else, just throw me your scum faction now, and we'll kill you last for being a good sport, eh? ;)

Also, your reaction here is terrible. You're blatantly playing with false frustration, lol. It's evident now. NO ONE really has even voted you, if a single vote even and yet you're already gunning out hard because I've said Beat can go? Y'know, I'd think it normal if I was actually applying pressure to you, but if you haven't noticed and as I've said I'm discussing things with RAKE since we have one vote. Do you see now why it's BLARINGLY obvious that I have not committed to a large post yet? Why I haven't taken the time to break your play down as I have with any push I've made. You call me opportunistc, but you're votes and play is essentially one liners with the exception of forced hand at times making you post more. If you're town, chill the **** out, but as scum, as you very well are lemme inform you of something....APPEALS TO EMOTION ARE FOR NEWBIE GAMES. Compose yourself. Do you think it makes you look good when this is like the 6th post this game you've flown off the hinge over nothing and overreact to the slightest bit of suspicion?

tl;dr AtE's are worthless.

@#HBC | Rake ... I know you're feeling what I'm feeling now.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
i'm actually ok with being replaced out. not to be a buzzkill @#HBC | marshy but i'm getting ****ed outta hear by time constraints that i hadn't foreseen. i could just make idle chatter and push people randomly lel but i legit don't feel very substantiated in doing that 'cause i haven't been able to reread and keep up with the game.

Beat!

Smash Master
Have you not listened that I have reason not to vote them, obviously not voiced because I DON'T ROLE FISH. Don't mind me being vague, but I'm going with Adum's SUSPECTS that are a) scummy, and b) fall in line with my very accurate for obvious reasons PoE. If you ask me any more questions about this it will be treated as role fishing, because that what it amounts to.
What? I haven't said anything about you not voting them. I heavily questioned your decision to single me out for the adum push that I wasn't even a part of.

I have absolutely no idea how you managed to get role fishing out of what I said, but okay, I won't ask you "more" (?) questions.

Trust me, Gheb is by no means safe. If you're so worried about everyone else, just throw me your scum faction now, and we'll kill you last for being a good sport, eh? ;)
Funny.

Also, your reaction here is terrible. You're blatantly playing with false frustration, lol. It's evident now. NO ONE really has even voted you, if a single vote even and yet you're already gunning out hard because I've said Beat can go? Y'know, I'd think it normal if I was actually applying pressure to you, but if you haven't noticed and as I've said I'm discussing things with RAKE since we have one vote. Do you see now why it's BLARINGLY obvious that I have not committed to a large post yet? Why I haven't taken the time to break your play down as I have with any push I've made. You call me opportunistc, but you're votes and play is essentially one liners with the exception of forced hand at times making you post more. If you're town, chill the **** out, but as scum, as you very well are lemme inform you of something....APPEALS TO EMOTION ARE FOR NEWBIE GAMES. Compose yourself. Do you think it makes you look good when this is like the 6th post this game you've flown off the hinge over nothing and overreact to the slightest bit of suspicion?

tl;dr AtE's are worthless.
I think it's a big deal when a confirmed townie says "X can die" and the reason is something that X wasn't even at fault for. I think telling said townie this and pointing out that it allows for opportunism is justified. I could've gone about it in a smoother way, sure, but AtE? You're the one who's disregarding most of what I actually said and harp on my tone instead.

I've said nothing whatsoever about you not having made a large post yet. I haven't called you opportunistic and why the **** would I? I said that you're allowing opportunistic players to hop along with you.

I don't think an angry tone alone qualifies as AtE but even if I did, the only other post of mine I can think of that you could possibly be referring to with the "6th post" part is my response to Ryu. That one I'm willing to give you because it was completely void of content and just me whining at him, but aside from that one I really can't think of any other post. Do you really think I've been that emotional this game or are you just exaggerating to make a point? Because "hyper erratic overuse of AtE throughout this game and the apologies" is just unfair.
I'll take it down a notch regardless since my "AtE" made you miss the point of my post entirely.

Considering what I already know about ryu I doubt he's scum
Unvote

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
IS THIS A REAL GAME.
IS THIS A FANTASY.
CAUGHT IN A MAFIA GAME NO ESCAPE FROM REALITY.
OPEN YOU'RE EYES, LOOK UP TO THE SKIES AND SEEEEEE
IT'S BEST TO VOTE WITH MEEE (*with meeeee echoes in the background)

Chaco

Never Logs In
IS THIS A REAL GAME.
IS THIS A FANTASY.
CAUGHT IN A MAFIA GAME NO ESCAPE FROM REALITY.
OPEN YOU'RE EYES, LOOK UP TO THE SKIES AND SEEEEEE
IT'S BEST TO VOTE WITH MEEE (*with meeeee echoes in the background)
You're lucky cause I have to!

Chaco

Never Logs In
What? I haven't said anything about you not voting them. I heavily questioned your decision to single me out for the adum push that I wasn't even a part of.

I have absolutely no idea how you managed to get role fishing out of what I said, but okay, I won't ask you "more" (?) questions.

Funny.

I think it's a big deal when a confirmed townie says "X can die" and the reason is something that X wasn't even at fault for. I think telling said townie this and pointing out that it allows for opportunism is justified. I could've gone about it in a smoother way, sure, but AtE? You're the one who's disregarding most of what I actually said and harp on my tone instead.

I've said nothing whatsoever about you not having made a large post yet. I haven't called you opportunistic and why the **** would I? I said that you're allowing opportunistic players to hop along with you.

I don't think an angry tone alone qualifies as AtE but even if I did, the only other post of mine I can think of that you could possibly be referring to with the "6th post" part is my response to Ryu. That one I'm willing to give you because it was completely void of content and just me whining at him, but aside from that one I really can't think of any other post. Do you really think I've been that emotional this game or are you just exaggerating to make a point? Because "hyper erratic overuse of AtE throughout this game and the apologies" is just unfair.
I'll take it down a notch regardless since my "AtE" made you miss the point of my post entirely.

Unvote
There's been a resounding overly defensive posts I've read from you in nearly all posts, except your initial ones. Mainly when anyone has raised suspicion to you or questioned your playing I've noticed this. Trust me, I can do my fair sure of getting pissed at a game. So that gives me an intuition when I feel something is being overplayed. Had I not noticed this in D2 and now stretching to D3 with entirely different points it'd be different. Usually anger or being pissed of resounds to a general argument or a time in the game. With you, I've noticed it as almost being continual. I don't know if that's just how you play...but to me, it reads blatantly scummy. It makes me asks questions like "Why does this happen anytime he's questioned or his play is brought into question?" "Is this an isolated event or prolonged?" All answers point to my initial suspicion that this is either, AtE (Appeal to Emotion by being a pissed of townie, Recognize this is viable. On both fronts. Anger and getting a rise out of someone can do two things, clear a person, or make them inherently scummy. With you I believe it's the latter, i'm about to go bac and quote all of the posts with this passive aggressive and outwardly pissed off tone behind them... And if you're not staging the play then I think you're gonna realize you're coming off a lot different than you realize. Most of your posts are concise one liners, then when something comes up it becomes fluffy emotional filled attacks almost, if you all. Think about it. How would you read someone like that? Let's compare it to the next person who has play similar in this game...Joker. What's the general consensus on Joker? He's scum. Who is the one person openly opposing it? Gheb. See what this can do for us? It makes connections and paper trails. If Joker isn't scum, Gheb VERY likely is...waiting to win townie points from stopping a town from a "potential" mis-lynch to ride into the sunset on his steed of good deeds. He's the only one openly defending Joker I have seen.

So, why don't you give me your thoughts on Joker and Gheb's interactions @ Beat! Beat! while I go dredge through posts for the ones I'm talking about, and go even further back to see what TTK has said in his marveling one or two posts in this game.

Chaco

Never Logs In
It'll be a minute actually, I have to go take a ****, and then I'll be hungry. So give me a few to commit to sitting down and re-reading a bunch.. Again.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
@ Chaco Chaco , I dunno if I can see it. His #1520 wasn't that aggressive and yet he felt the need to apologize in the next post. Why would he do that if he were trying to AtE? And then his post you just quoted didn't seem that fabricated. If he is trying AtE throughout the game, what is the purpose of his #1521? Unless he's trying to justify every time he gets angry in this game. But that seems like a bit of a stretch. Do you think he's putting that much thought and crumbing and stuff into his AtE play?

@ Beat! Beat! , I'll try to get kantrip in here to explain the picking up the slack thing or whatever cause I'm not really sure what he was talking about. As for the slight town read, I've seen very little scuminess coming from your slot all game. I also kinda like koopa's posts (although I don't really remember why) and haven't seen anything from you that would change my mind.

Has Joker responded yet to people asking where he thinks scum is (apart from me)? If not, I second those questions. Unless he gives a good response, I think he should be the kill today. He's my strongest scum read atm.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
There's been a resounding overly defensive posts I've read from you in nearly all posts, except your initial ones. Mainly when anyone has raised suspicion to you or questioned your playing I've noticed this. Trust me, I can do my fair sure of getting pissed at a game. So that gives me an intuition when I feel something is being overplayed. Had I not noticed this in D2 and now stretching to D3 with entirely different points it'd be different. Usually anger or being pissed of resounds to a general argument or a time in the game. With you, I've noticed it as almost being continual. I don't know if that's just how you play...but to me, it reads blatantly scummy. It makes me asks questions like "Why does this happen anytime he's questioned or his play is brought into question?" "Is this an isolated event or prolonged?" All answers point to my initial suspicion that this is either, AtE (Appeal to Emotion by being a pissed of townie, Recognize this is viable. On both fronts. Anger and getting a rise out of someone can do two things, clear a person, or make them inherently scummy. With you I believe it's the latter, i'm about to go bac and quote all of the posts with this passive aggressive and outwardly pissed off tone behind them... And if you're not staging the play then I think you're gonna realize you're coming off a lot different than you realize. Most of your posts are concise one liners, then when something comes up it becomes fluffy emotional filled attacks almost, if you all. Think about it. How would you read someone like that? Let's compare it to the next person who has play similar in this game...Joker. What's the general consensus on Joker? He's scum. Who is the one person openly opposing it? Gheb. See what this can do for us? It makes connections and paper trails. If Joker isn't scum, Gheb VERY likely is...waiting to win townie points from stopping a town from a "potential" mis-lynch to ride into the sunset on his steed of good deeds. He's the only one openly defending Joker I have seen.

So, why don't you give me your thoughts on Joker and Gheb's interactions @ Beat! Beat! while I go dredge through posts for the ones I'm talking about, and go even further back to see what TTK has said in his marveling one or two posts in this game.
I urge you to rethink your point about Gheb. Go read Elements and Attributes, where Gheb was town, and I was scum, and Gheb insisted that I was town for behaving very much like I am now. It's the way I always am, regardless of alignment. Gheb actually thought I was town-telling by acting like that, because it's what I was deliberately trying to do, and tried to get the town to not lynch me (thanks Gheb).

Now, if you'd like to push Gheb for other reasons, like being one of the lemmings to jump on the adumb wagon, despite having stated that he thought he was town? Go right ahead and make that push. Honestly everyone on the Adumb wagon needs to explain themselves.

I honestly don't get the beef with Beat, is there something you can point to besides "he's AtEing so much"? (which I disagree with, completely)

Top Bottom