• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs Marvel | Victory!

JeXs

Smash Champion
I give up on defending kwk. I don't think people will change their perception of the slot anyway.

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
Gargaglione replaces Gorf!

beam of light engulfs red ruy. he is once again lynched at a majority for d2 n d3!

Kreative Whiz Kids (5): Rake, Joker, Gorf, Chaco, adumbrodeus
Gorf (1): Murderbush
adumbrodeus (5): JeXs, Bardull, Red Ryu, Gheb, KWK

Not Voting (2): Scary, Beat!

Deadline is 9/6 11:59:59 PM EST. With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch!

[collapse=voting log]
1. #HBC | Gorf => KWK > Bardull > Chaco > KWK > Ruy > BSL > KWK
3. Beat! => Chaco > Chaco > unvote > KWK > unvote > KWK
4. adumbrodeus => Murderbush > Ruy > Gorf > KWK
5. Chaco => Gheb > Gorf > KWK > KWK > Murderbush
6. Gheb_01 => KWK > Gorf > KWK > adumbrodeus > Rake > adumbrodeus
7. Kreative Whiz Kids (Potassium/Sokr) => Joker > unvote > BSL > Rake > unvote > Red Ryu > Rake > Murderbush > Gorf > adumbrodeus
8. #HBC | BarDeezy => Evil Eye > Gorf > Joker > Gorf > unvote > adumbrodeus
9. mUrDeRbUsH (Raziek/#HBC | Ryker) => Chaco > Gorf > Ruy > Gorf > BSL > Gorf
10. JeXs => Rake > BSL > KWK > Murderbush > Gorf > Joker > adumbrodeus
11. Wots All This Then? (JDietz43/Orboknown) => Murderbush > Scary > Murderbush > unvote > KWK > unvote > KWK
12. #HBC | Rake. => JeXs > KWK > KWK
13. #HBC | Joker => KWK > KWK
14. #HBC | Red Ryu => Gorf > Chaco > unvote > Ranmaru > unvote > Scary
15. #HBC | Scary => KWK > BSL[/collapse]

Beat!

Smash Master
Didn't get around to answering these two yesterday so doing it now:

Slipped? The Laundry-KWK read thing?
Yeah, but it would seem that I jumped the gun a bit on that one.

Would their distancing be that obvious though ? What makes you feel it would be ?
They were both inches away from a lynch. I think it's entirely conceivable that BSL didn't want KWK to have to deal with the fact that BSL kept scumreading him while never putting the vote down, but got a bit sloppy with the execution.

I'm a little surprised that you of all people are asking me this considering

Pre cursor to heavily laying the smack down on KWK I def feel BSL held onto that vote so long despite stating am active scum read on KWK cause they were scum together and BSL was trying not to connect himself to strongly and ended up doing exactly that
is pretty much the exact same sentiment, only worded differently. What gives?

Ruy's response to my case explains why it looked like he was dancing around my questions earlier, and makes it clear that I was, to some extent, putting words in his mouth.

That being said, I'm still scumreading the slot. His D1 play was non-commital, his D2 "#2 scumread" on Scary came out of nowhere, was poorly justified and he dropped it just as quickly. Around that time (pages 30-31) was also when he suddenly had a Laundry scumread (after having stated just a little earlier that Scary, despite being his #2, was a fairly weak read and that he didn't really have any other strong scumreads). He justified this new scumread by referring to Laundry's meta-based push on Gorf, but it couldn't have been the first time that he noticed it because over 24 hours before making that post he liked my post in which I called Laundry out for it.

Would still support a Ruy lynch toDay but that's clearly not happening considering nobody is voting him this close to the deadline.

Vote: KWK

Scumreading both him and the adumb/Laundry slot but the adumb read is not as strong and more dependent on KWK's flip than vice versa.

@ Kreative Whiz Kids Kreative Whiz Kids You've been occasionally tacking on a town/slight town read on me for a long time now, and several times when someone has expressed doubts about me you've been there quickly to defend me. You never ever elaborate on this, though (the most I've seen is "I like that he's picked up the slot's slack"), and you never seem to include me when talking about the slots pushing you, despite the fact that I've been on you for most of D2. Give me a detailed run-down of your townread on me because it's starting to look like (not-so-)subtle framing.

Also explain this:

Jexs, I'm not entirely sold on adum. I'll have to do a quick re read
Because I don't want to accidentally lynch a townie...?
I think what he meant to say is

Vote: adum
@ Whichever one of you it was that wanted to re-read, what made you hesitant? It looks pretty bad becase you two are the only viable lynches toDay and from your POV, "accidentally lynching a townie" should be an even bigger concern for your OWN slot.

Beat!

Smash Master
his D2 "#2 scumread" on Scary came out of nowhere, was poorly justified and he dropped it just as quickly. Around that time (pages 30-31) was also when he suddenly had a Laundry scumread (after having stated just a little earlier that Scary, despite being his #2, was a fairly weak read and that he didn't really have any other strong scumreads). He justified this new scumread by referring to Laundry's meta-based push on Gorf, but it couldn't have been the first time that he noticed it because over 24 hours before making that post he liked my post in which I called Laundry out for it.
FTR I originally intended to include this in my case on Ruy, but at the time I was very focused on the Laundry-KWK stuff and nothing else, so when I found that one post while re-reading him I didn't bother including this because I was so sure that I already had him pinned.

Beat!

Smash Master
Also, my re-read on Gorf didn't make me change my mind on the slot. Still have him as obvtown if KWK's scum, and probstown if KWK's town.

Beat!

Smash Master
adumb's immediate jump on KWK upon replacing in makes my proposed Laundry-KWK team slightly less plausible, but it could be a last-resort bus given the lack of alternatives, so it's still a very real possibility.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Also, my re-read on Gorf didn't make me change my mind on the slot. Still have him as obvtown if KWK's scum, and probstown if KWK's town.
Really? Obvtown? Really enjoying that KWK-haterade, I see.

The only reason anyone should be town-reading Gorf is if they're making the flawed assumption that KWK is going to flip scum.

We're going to be at a tournament most of the day. We'll be back late tonight, and given these two lynches, I'd rather see Adum's slot go.

Vote: Adumbrodeus

Both KWK and Adum are at L-1. Scary has the Hammer vote.

We'll be back tonight.

Beat!

Smash Master
Also, something I noticed while re-reading:

Both presumed mafia kills happened (at least approximately) two days after the start of their respective Day, at least according to my timezone.
According to my timezone:
Day 1 started on August 26th and Ranmaru was killed on August 28th.
Day 2 started on August 29th and WATT was killed on August 31st.

This could be a coincidence, but considering this statement from the rules
Understand that timing is an important factor in this game. There will be no Nights. All actions will occur in real time during Day.
I think we should at least entertain the possibility that scum has a limitation to the timing of their factional kill. Specifically, a limitation revolving around some kind of 2-day condition.

Also, if I'm right about this then we may only have two days after the start of D3 until the next mafia kill, so everyone should try to get their thoughts out as soon as possible.

Beat!

Smash Master
Really? Obvtown? Really enjoying that KWK-haterade, I see.
You're either ignoring the "if KWK's scum" part of that quote (which would be really weird, considering I specifically stated a slightly different read on Gorf if KWK's town) ...

... or you're gonna have to explain the difference between.

Still have him as obvtown if KWK's scum.
and

Slim to none. If KWK is scum, Gorf is town.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
The difference is that you think that is the most likely outcome whereas Murder recognizes it is not.

Sokr hesitating to vote adum is not me. He doesn't like my mind frame of lynching anyone who isn't us or my townreads

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yes, I'm town, yes I just got lynched, that was what I suspected RR was referencing to, I have a locked ability which makes me hated if I use it (which laundry used on murder), specifically prevents all non-killing actions on a player of my choice.

Beat!

Smash Master
The difference is that you think that is the most likely outcome whereas Murder recognizes it is not.
I'm pretty sure I wanted MB to answer that himself, but hey, thanks for answering for him. That's also a very liberal interpretation of what is essentially two different wordings of an identical stance. How does "Slim to none. If KWK is scum, Gorf is town" translate to him recognizing that scumKWK = townGorf "isn't the most likely outcome"? How, aside from the slightly more confident read that "obvtown" implies, is his stance that much different from mine?

Sokr hesitating to vote adum is not me. He doesn't like my mind frame of lynching anyone who isn't us or my townreads
You're telling me he's sticking to that even when you and adumb are the only two viable lynches?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
murder kwk with extreme prejudice, if he's scum murder beat, if he's town murder RR then beat. Murder probably scum too, gheb probably town, and y'all are idiots.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yes, I'm town, yes I just got lynched, that was what I suspected RR was referencing to, I have a locked ability which makes me hated if I use it (which laundry used on murder), specifically prevents all non-killing actions on a player of my choice.
This wasn't what I was referring to.

Also do you know when this was used? Because this is going to relate to day 3 info.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Oh in case this makes any difference I voted to give the ring to chaco because at that point I was not aware that a person could only hold one item.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
wow, plz don't freaking kill adum wtf are you people doing? If you guys are gonna just swing a completely ******** lunch out of left field, can it please be me so I can be done with this town?

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
beam of light engulfs red ruy. he is once again lynched at a majority for d2 n d3!

Kreative Whiz Kids (6): Rake, Joker, Gorf, Chaco, adumbrodeus, beat!
Gorf (1): Murderbush
adumbrodeus (6): JeXs, Bardull, Red Ryu, Gheb, KWK, Murderbush

Not Voting (1): Scary

Deadline is 9/6 11:59:59 PM EST. With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch!

[collapse=voting log]
1. #HBC | Gorf => KWK > Bardull > Chaco > KWK > Ruy > BSL > KWK
3. Beat! => Chaco > Chaco > unvote > KWK > unvote > KWK
4. adumbrodeus => Murderbush > Ruy > Gorf > KWK
5. Chaco => Gheb > Gorf > KWK > KWK > Murderbush
6. Gheb_01 => KWK > Gorf > KWK > adumbrodeus > Rake > adumbrodeus
7. Kreative Whiz Kids (Potassium/Sokr) => Joker > unvote > BSL > Rake > unvote > Red Ryu > Rake > Murderbush > Gorf > adumbrodeus
8. #HBC | BarDeezy => Evil Eye > Gorf > Joker > Gorf > unvote > adumbrodeus
9. mUrDeRbUsH (Raziek/#HBC | Ryker) => Chaco > Gorf > Ruy > Gorf > BSL > Gorf
10. JeXs => Rake > BSL > KWK > Murderbush > Gorf > Joker > adumbrodeus
11. Wots All This Then? (JDietz43/Orboknown) => Murderbush > Scary > Murderbush > unvote > KWK > unvote > KWK
12. #HBC | Rake. => JeXs > KWK > KWK
13. #HBC | Joker => KWK > KWK
14. #HBC | Red Ryu => Gorf > Chaco > unvote > Ranmaru > unvote > Scary
15. #HBC | Scary => KWK > BSL[/collapse]​

adumbrodeus, Hawkgirl, Hated Town Defender has been lynched!

d3 starts and the votecount has been reset! constant powers remain in effect! all locked powers have been reset! with 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch!

deadline for the lynch is 9/13 11:59:59PM est

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
bah, go town, but this had to be the most idiotic town I've ever dealt with. Especially JeXs, you'd think he/she/it/potato would've learned better >_>

Top Bottom