• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs Marvel | Victory!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
ive already pointed out that its worth considering who we established online AND who had posted within the time span of his claim and his claimed rb. that is what would point us to our rb, and that is established in thread when it happened.

if you click the lil arrow next to "hbc gorf said" you go straight to that post. that was at adumb.

Beat!

Smash Master
Especially because that last line, I really don't care for Beat, but he is putting active reads out when requested, other than that some decent fluff and one liners quite typically.
Ya, he puts me on edge as a limited/fake contribution slot to draw attention away. Alarm bells.
These accusations greatly annoyed me at first, but then I re-read and realized that they weren't completely uncalled for. I've actually put a lot of effort into this game but I can see why you'd interpret it as only doing it when it's requested of me, so I'll try to explain my thought process more thoroughly from now on.

Did an in depth reread of the slot and the only connection I see is he looks a bit worse with KWK-scum because what he says is really distancy, but that's just because he says nothing of substance.

Like jesus it's an insanely bad slot, he doesn't have a single independent thought and the non-committal push on laundry is just insanely grimy. He's definitely number 2 on the "to die" list, and would be number 1 if KWK didn't have the "anybody whose not me can die" scummy breakdown.
This, on the other hand, is incredibly unfair. I don't care if it's hyperbole, accusing me of not having a "single independent thought" and then in your very next breath attacking a push which was in fact completely independent at the time is ****ing ugly.

And speaking of which, how on earth was I supposed to "commit" to my push on Laundry any further when he didn't post a single time after I'd made that post? You of all people should be fully aware of this because it's the freaking slot you just replaced into.

-------

I want to talk more about Ryu's recent posts. Specifically, his response (or lack thereof) to my #1294 (http://smashboards.com/threads/dc-vs-marvel-d2-beware-my-power-mistah-j.365288/page-33#post-17465800).

just a reminder but please vote to destroy the ring.

unvote
This is his first post after my #1294, and he ignores my question. I find it a bit unlikely that he completely missed it because I quoted him in it, but hey it happens, so I asked him again (http://smashboards.com/threads/dc-vs-marvel-d2-beware-my-power-mistah-j.365288/page-33#post-17467567). From that point onwards I pretty much had to force the answer out of him:

Incriminate laundry? I never said that. I said that is where I would go.
Dodges the question by arguing semantics.

Cause I think he is scum and explained why he was a scum pick before.

If I didn't it was probs more related to why I hated his Gorf push.
Dodges the question again. I asked why he thinks townKWK = scumLaundry whereas scumKWK = null/possiblyscum-Laundy, not for his read on the slot independently.

I don't think he lines up as well with BSL + KWK scum.

I'd hesitate more since him and KWK don't seem as likely connected from how Laundry wanted KWK.
Finally answers the question, but hardly elaborates at all, despite the fact that I asked him to be as thorough as possible. The little justification he does give is also extremely questionable. Laundry never really gave the impression of actually wanting KWK dead. He didn't vote him a single time. D1 he said he disliked KWK a bunch of times but he hended up voting BSL the moment JeXs asked him to. D2 he still had KWK as a scum read but he wanted Gorf dead first, even though KWK was clearly going to be an easier push. I don't see how that lines up to a townKWK-scumLaundry connection at all, but according to Ryu a KWK townflip would make Laundry (now adumb) not just scum, but the biggest scumpick in the game.

I made one final attempt to squeeze out more from him but all I got was
He's wanted him today and you just said what I was refering too.

I don't think them being linked is impossible, I just think it is less likely.
If it wasn't obvious enough before, then at this point it became completely evident that he was going to be of as little help as possible, and that his connection-based read on Laundry is a complete fabrication that he hoped he could sneak by without anyone questioning it.

... holy ****.

Okay, so at this point while typing this up I went back and checked Ryu's earlier posts because I wanted to go over his dropped "push" on Scary (supposedly his #2 scumread at the time and for super weak reasons) and I found this:

Sigh, this is better though.

#Dancehatruy

My two looking like KWK and Laundry now.
Hey Ruy, mind explaining why KWK-Laundry was the likeliest scumteam here, and what exactly made you change your mind in the time between that post and my question?

This guy's hyper-opportunistic scum. Kill him now.

Beat!

Smash Master
I'll be around here for about another hour. Going to a local tournament after that and not coming home until tonight (afternoon-ish for you 'muricans), so if there's anything you want a quick response to, now's the time to ask.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Beat. Vote for one of gorf/adumb. Ryu can wait for toMorrow assuming town doesn't go mad on kwk AGAIN.

Beat!

Smash Master
Admittedly not a big fan of adumb's play so far, but I haven't seen anything so far that looks anywhere near as bad as Ruy's completely unsubstantiated 180 and general sidelining. I'm listening, though. Convince me.

I'm going to do a re-read on Gorf since it seems that I'm gradually becoming one of the only slots with a town read on him, but I honestly doubt it'll change. MAYBE if KWK is town but I still have a hard time seeing it.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Admittedly not a big fan of adumb's play so far, but I haven't seen anything so far that looks anywhere near as bad as Ruy's completely unsubstantiated 180 and general sidelining. I'm listening, though. Convince me.

I'm going to do a re-read on Gorf since it seems that I'm gradually becoming one of the only slots with a town read on him, but I honestly doubt it'll change. MAYBE if KWK is town but I still have a hard time seeing it.
Do a reread of the laundry/adumb slot while you're doing the Gorf one and let me know what you think.
if you didnt see it hes on the "beat/you" side of my scumreads.
I assume he's a scum lean?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Pushing an inactive is such a safe move it doesn't count as an independent thought @ Beat! Beat! , you've been sidelining, avoiding drawing attention to yourself and when looked at in isolation it becomes obvious.

Die scum die.

huh

bsl doesnt really play mafia so im sure this wasnt done maliciously, but yea @#HBC | DtJ | ASL | BSL now you know to stop liking posts here n shiz
He's been around, he should know better, especially since liking that post introduces a lot of WIFORM.

#HBC | Gorf

if you didnt see it that scumlist was in order, so yes hes a scum lean. his posts upon joining the game have made me like the slot more, but not enough to keep my guard down.

@ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus i mean i agree on a technical side of things but... i mean AT LEAST he like a confirmed townies post and AT LEAST to me it was obv cuz of the chaco possibly getting back with his ex girlfriend thing...

but i DO agree that a rule is a rule is a rule, and since hes dead theres really not much he can do aside from just not do it again.

JeXs

Smash Champion
if you didnt see it that scumlist was in order, so yes hes a scum lean. his posts upon joining the game have made me like the slot more, but not enough to keep my guard down.

@ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus i mean i agree on a technical side of things but... i mean AT LEAST he like a confirmed townies post and AT LEAST to me it was obv cuz of the chaco possibly getting back with his ex girlfriend thing...

but i DO agree that a rule is a rule is a rule, and since hes dead theres really not much he can do aside from just not do it again.
What exactly do you like about adumb's posts?

Beat!

Smash Master
Beat. Vote for one of gorf/adumb. Ryu can wait for toMorrow assuming town doesn't go mad on kwk AGAIN.
beat. vote kwk. ruy can wait for toMorrow assuming town doesnt go ******** for kwk AGAIN.
>_>

Do a reread of the laundry/adumb slot while you're doing the Gorf one and let me know what you think.
Will do. I'm leaving in 10 minutes though, so it'll have to wait until tonight.

Pushing an inactive is such a safe move it doesn't count as an independent thought @ Beat! Beat! , you've been sidelining, avoiding drawing attention to yourself and when looked at in isolation it becomes obvious.

Die scum die.
Yeah, except at the time there was no way of telling that he was going to be inactive. I made that push a little more than a day after his last post.

Try again.

JeXs

Smash Champion
what exactly dont you like about adumbs posts (or mine for that matter)?
He doesn't have individual thoughts. All of his opinions are those of popular opinions. Out of every post he has made, this is his most informative.
Did an in depth reread of the slot and the only connection I see is he looks a bit worse with KWK-scum because what he says is really distancy, but that's just because he says nothing of substance.

Like jesus it's an insanely bad slot, he doesn't have a single independent thought and the non-committal push on laundry is just insanely grimy. He's definitely number 2 on the "to die" list, and would be number 1 if KWK didn't have the "anybody whose not me can die" scummy breakdown.
Still doesn't say much. Worse still, he has beat has #2 on the "to die" list over that of ryu, which is extremely questionable. Also, he's pushing for kwk for the most opportunistic of reasons. That's like pushing a claimed cop for wanting any other lynch over his own when he's under HUGE pressure like kwk is in this game. kwk's role IS strong, that we all know. So why can't adumb see the reason kwk is doing that? It's because he's opportunistic scum.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

I'm sure penalties could be assessed to the surviving scum if marshy decides it's appropriate.

Yeah, except at the time there was no way of telling that he was going to be inactive. I made that push a little more than a day after his last post.

Try again.
You posted on 26, he posted on page 20 (40ppp), in a fast moving game a day can be and in this case certainly was more then enough time to qualify as inactive.

Die scum die.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Do you promise that you will help me lynch the **** out of Ruy toMorrow if I do?
Very likely. Ryu's play has been questionable at best. Assuming his play doesn't improve, I'm completely fine with offing him.

#HBC | Gorf

you understand that that reasoning is really opportunistic too right? kwk is, aside from the best play for the best lynch for town, the smartest lynch for town, right? and im SURE that hes not dumb enough to have that as his only reason. funny enough, thats his only independent reason.

JeXs

Smash Champion
That's the worst reasoning ever and no, I will not lynch kwk toDay.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm down to lynch pretty much anybody except Chaco, Jexs, Joker and myself at this point.

But something just hit e and now I think that Rake should be lynched after he makes that one post he has remaining toDay. @#HBC | Rake. what's the penalty for braking your restriction?

:059:

Beat!

Smash Master
You posted on 26, he posted on page 20 (40ppp), in a fast moving game a day can be and in this case certainly was more then enough time to qualify as inactive.

Die scum die.
That's the most reaching attempt at making your initial accusation continue to seem legitimate that I've ever seen.

Very likely. Ryu's play has been questionable at best. Assuming his play doesn't improve, I'm completely fine with offing him.
Questionable? The guy basically slipped.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I'm down to lynch pretty much anybody except Chaco, Jexs, Joker and myself at this point.

But something just hit e and now I think that Rake should be lynched after he makes that one post he has remaining toDay. @#HBC | Rake. what's the penalty for braking your restriction?

:059:
Elaborate please lol.

JeXs

Smash Champion
That's the most reaching attempt at making your initial accusation continue to seem legitimate that I've ever seen.

Questionable? The guy basically slipped.
Slipped? The Laundry-KWK read thing?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Beat, you need to know I don't make pools based on they could be connected to each other.

I never assumed KWK absolutely meant Laundry was scum as well on their team.

I look at things one at a time, advice EE told me. Don't multitask and take it one thing at a time with each step.

If one flipped scum I'd rethink the rest and evaluate.

You keep thinking my pool is a final scum team with BSL which I don't even know why you would me or other players would make that assumption.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@ JeXs JeXs Lol it's just such a hilariously bad excuse that I didn't even bother to touch it, if this wasn't an all-PR game then MAYBE I could see it for a strong enough town role. Reaching to make "somebody, anybody whose not me" die is not a townie action. If he were town he'd be pushing towards a lynch that actually advantages town, even as a favored lynch. It's scummy flailing and nothing like how kantrip flails as town

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Hilarious, the fact remained that even if he hadn't been gone for that long he'd been a non-presence for a large portion of the game before you jumped on him, which creates the perception of non-activity, making him an easy push.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If gorf ends up town then one of adumb and murder is probs scum

Thought murder before but now I think that's less likely

Ruy should be dead either way. He made up some gross **** and had questions he just couldn't answer. If he's town I'm ashamed for him but it's sad I can see that happening.

Remember my results please
Nope, I just suck apparently.

dunno where the questions I could answer part is coming from but w/e.

Top Bottom