• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs Marvel | Victory!

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
My only basis for town reading scary is his jump on bsl. The only reason for a scum scary to do that is if both kwk and bsl are scum and he can earn some townie points. Other than that he hasn't done much if anything at all.
Why cant he do it to both regardless of their alignment? Scumscary would want mls

JeXs

Smash Champion
Why cant he do it to both regardless of their alignment? Scumscary would want mls
No reason for scumscary to jump onto bsl and put bsl at L-1. Could just as easily stay on kwk and not get any suspicion. kwk was also a valid lynch choice at that time.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Town anytime movable tracker is way OP. I feel BSL didn't truly full claim his role, I feel he left out that he could move targets a set number of times probably. The Laundry consistency between the two of them is highly suspicious considering I don't read Laundry as a POPULAR enough target on D1 to attract TWO watchers. Odds of that are insanely low.

He seriously is the play today. From his flip we'll learn a lot too. I'm willing to bet there's no chance of him flipping town. PR claimed is too strong for town for one thing, and fits perfectly for scum with a HEAVY PR laden game. Think about it. Everyone has a PR, which side does that role make MORE sense on. Two strong for town, as we already agreed for BSL's role, now an even STRONGER watcher is claimed for town...wtf? Not gonna happen.

Also I feel KWK would've CC'd BSL at the time, anyone disagree with this? I'll be back later in the day, guys. But definitely look into KWK in Iso.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
hmmm well i agree that being able to track multiple people at once is pretty strong, and outside of flavor i get why people are hating on the KWK slot with the general inconsistency in their approach to the game.

i'm pretty annoyed with the rake slot 'cause i don't get why he implied that KWK could be lying if KWK actually knew Rake visited JeXs. like right out the gate rake should have just said 'yeah you're right' because if KWK actually is scum it makes literally no difference whether or not KWK is outing Rake. i like KWK's reaction to rake getting mad at him though i guess. if rake was really just not thinking things all the way through then that's fine i guess.

idk, i can bite into sokrscum and let this go through if that's what town really wants but i feel like it's the wrong move and we should be looking at alternative avenues while the day is still young. just wish i had more time to reread and get all my questions out of the way, cause some slots could use some more substantiation up to this point.
i can totally feel you, but think of it like this: someone just outed your info when town is tryna get info out of them. i dont wanna look far into it (especially not now) but for all we know rake has a strong pr. or, more likely in an all pr game, rake is too self absorbed to immediately wanna out the info. i didnt see it as a manipulation tactic though.

Beat!

Smash Master
@ Beat! Beat! how do you feel about KWK right now given the BSL flip?
Haven't changed my opinion on him. I'm down with him being the lynch toDay. His hammer was ugly af and BSL's vote on him in his #610 (http://smashboards.com/threads/dc-v...-squashed-spider.365288/page-16#post-17420763) reeked of distancing. I want to re-read before voting him though because I have a null read on far too many slots and with Chaco being all but confirmed town I'm currently not sure which direction I'd like to go after a KWK lynch.

@ Chaco Chaco Do you still want me to respond to your #757 (http://smashboards.com/threads/dc-v...-squashed-spider.365288/page-19#post-17427445 )? I have no intention of pursuing my push on you any further because I see very little reason to doubt WATT's claim, but you had a couple of questions in the second paragraph which I'll answer if you want.

Re-reading. More later.

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
Kreative Whiz Kids (6): Rake, Red Ryu, Gorf, Chaco, Joker, WATT
Gorf (3): Murderbush, Laundry, JeXs
Red Ryu (1): KWK

Not Voting (4): Beat!, Gheb_01, Scary, Bardull

Deadline is 9/6 11:59:59 PM. With 14 alive it takes 8 to lynch!

[collapse=voting log]
1. #HBC | Gorf => KWK > Bardull > Chaco > KWK > Ruy > BSL
3. Beat! => Chaco > Chaco > unvote
4. #HBC | Laundry => Murderbush > Ruy
5. Chaco => Gheb > Gorf > KWK > KWK
6. Gheb_01 => KWK
7. Kreative Whiz Kids (Potassium/Sokr) => Joker > unvote > BSL > Rake > unvote > Red Ryu
8. #HBC | BarDeezy => Evil Eye > Gorf > Joker > Gorf > unvote
9. mUrDeRbUsH (Raziek/#HBC | Ryker) => Chaco > Gorf > Ruy > Gorf > BSL > Gorf
10. JeXs => Rake > BSL > KWK
11. Wots All This Then? (JDietz43/Orboknown) => Murderbush > Scary > Murderbush > unvote > KWK > unvote > KWK
12. #HBC | Rake. => JeXs > KWK > KWK
13. #HBC | Joker => KWK > KWK
14. #HBC | Red Ryu => Gorf > Chaco > unvote > Ranmaru
15. #HBC | Scary => KWK > BSL[/collapse]

#HBC | Gorf

re: my gorf vote

i really disliked gorf's approach to the claim because at first gorf is kinda naive to assume KWK is telling the truth, but then he does a 180 and is like 'but yeah regardless we gotta kill him.' i guess i'm concerned that the dude may have wanted to not be obvious in lynching KWK but then decided 'but he's the tracker and if we let him live that's obviously really bad for us' and prolly felt safer pursuing the slot after there was still skepticism regarding the claim, so therein laid my concern with the walrus of toast.

unvote

i may revote gorf again but i gotta reread the game and get a clearer picture before i continue. but yea KWK needs to elaborate a bit on these presumed inconsistencies.

@ Kreative Whiz Kids Kreative Whiz Kids was slightly curious regarding the tracking going on when BSL got punched in the mouf by an ability, but i'm unsure if this will lead to anything within town's interest. i guess use your best judgment in that regard if you feel it's necessary to out said info.

actually i wouldn't mind some elaboration on your target choices and why you switched them around while you're at it (dunno if this will really help you or not but i would still like to know).

aight more from me tomorrow
i wasnt assuming kwk was telling the truth. i cut em some slack while i sat on the claim; his reasoning for the way he approached the rake thing, while imo stupid, became understandable when he elaborated. after sitting on it is when i realized hes gotta go.

also wtf @ the "he realized we needed this guy dead so he 180'd" argument, like do you reeeeeeally think my scum mindset is that baby easy to decipher? your wifom diving is blurring your vision my friend... but AT LEAST youre giving yourself a breath of fresh air.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Haven't changed my opinion on him. I'm down with him being the lynch toDay. His hammer was ugly af and BSL's vote on him in his #610 (http://smashboards.com/threads/dc-v...-squashed-spider.365288/page-16#post-17420763) reeked of distancing. I want to re-read before voting him though because I have a null read on far too many slots and with Chaco being all but confirmed town I'm currently not sure which direction I'd like to go after a KWK lynch.

@ Chaco Chaco Do you still want me to respond to your #757 (http://smashboards.com/threads/dc-v...-squashed-spider.365288/page-19#post-17427445 )? I have no intention of pursuing my push on you any further because I see very little reason to doubt WATT's claim, but you had a couple of questions in the second paragraph which I'll answer if you want.

Re-reading. More later.
If you'd like you can, it'd help give me a better bearing on your slot. Up to you. But as far as I'm concerned it's not entirely needed at this point. I'd like to here your thoughts though on what you mentioned in the last sentence of paragraph one. Basically your direction after a KWK lynch.

Chaco

Never Logs In
@ Wots All This Then? Wots All This Then? I'm quite interested in you. Not in a "I think you're scum way." but just essentially-- well, you know what I'm talking about. I don't want to drag out anything that doesn't need to be, but I see your requests for shield, and I'm curious. I'll allow you to explain what you want, but if you want to kill this topic, by all means let me know. You're probably surprised I hadn't asked sooner, but I didn't want to drag much attention to it at first. But with shield deadline approaching, and you asking for it, I think I need to know.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
**** it im claiming everything

We have Batgirl and Robin who assist us with our role, but the flavour justification is that they have their own agendas too and can't help forever.

D1 we can track 3 people at once
D2 we can track 2 people at once
D3 and onwards we can only track 1 person

We are able to switch any or all of our track targets at any time. It is a continuous, uninformed effect. If any of our targets visits another player (or players) while we are tracking them, we will be informed of it.

Gorf targeted Laundry and myself early on D1
Rake targeted JeXs later

That's all we got. However, due to who we were tracking at certain points, we also have info on people who didn't perform certain actions. We can say with certainty that Arcane, Rake, and Joker did not kill Ranmaru because we were tracking those three when Ranmaru died.

We knew BSL was lying in his role because he claimed that nobody had visited Laundry. Looking back at it, it's possible he wasn't actually lying about that part and just targeted Laundry after Gorf and myself did. Although we switched our track to Laundry fairly late in the Day so I doubted that BSL waited that long to start watching someone.

so there ya go.

and Gorf feel free to confirm those targets. Like I said to Rake, sorry to have to out you but y'know. Kinda forced into it

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
@ Wots All This Then? Wots All This Then? I'm quite interested in you. Not in a "I think you're scum way." but just essentially-- well, you know what I'm talking about. I don't want to drag out anything that doesn't need to be, but I see your requests for shield, and I'm curious. I'll allow you to explain what you want, but if you want to kill this topic, by all means let me know. You're probably surprised I hadn't asked sooner, but I didn't want to drag much attention to it at first. But with shield deadline approaching, and you asking for it, I think I need to know.
You did what I think you did right?

#HBC | Gorf

i confirm visiting laundry and you.

kwk. when you were rb'd, HOW were you informed? was it that you were immediately told when you were rb'd? did you try and perform an action and it failed?

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
For the love of God, don't lynch KWK when there are multiple slots that haven't commented on it, including myself.

I'll be here when I get up with Raz. We're currently trying to set up a 12 day time to hang out starting on Monday with him coming down from Canada. Today he's at a tourney, so you'll have to wait until he gets back.

Chaco

Never Logs In
i confirm visiting laundry and you.

kwk. when you were rb'd, HOW were you informed? was it that you were immediately told when you were rb'd? did you try and perform an action and it failed?
So his role is accurate, Gorf? I see you confirming his targets, but do you confirm his role? I'm still weary of the BSL connection being a tracker and whatnot.

His role makes a bit more since in an all PR game..but, eh, I still just don't like it. I dunno.

@ Kreative Whiz Kids Kreative Whiz Kids who do we look at from here in your opinion?

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Gheb, Are you talking about people cleared for the kill? That was Rake, Joker and yourself. And it was Wednesday at 11:26am pacific time (-8).

Gorf, it was immediately. Since we are constantly tracking people we got an update that we were suddenly tracking no one and that our communications were failing.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
RR, Scary and Rake are currently my suspected scum peeps. I don't like how rake's been ignoring people telling him to save his posts for lots of content and has instead wasted them on short posts with one question or useless statement in them. RR i've been wary of all game and Scary seems like he's sidelining too hard. It's also possible that one of RR or Scary are the killer of Ran, but there's other options for that.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Gheb, Are you talking about people cleared for the kill? That was Rake, Joker and yourself. And it was Wednesday at 11:26am pacific time (-8).

Gorf, it was immediately. Since we are constantly tracking people we got an update that we were suddenly tracking no one and that our communications were failing.
Who all was on when you received this notice? I know you posted a list, but I can't find the page atm.

#HBC | Gorf

So his role is accurate, Gorf? I see you confirming his targets, but do you confirm his role? I'm still weary of the BSL connection being a tracker and whatnot.

His role makes a bit more since in an all PR game..but, eh, I still just don't like it. I dunno.

@ Kreative Whiz Kids Kreative Whiz Kids who do we look at from here in your opinion?
i confirm that i target laundry and kwk yesterDay.

however, i have multiple possibilities wondering through my head about the legitimacy of his claim:

1: hes being legit about his role, but bsl was lying about his own role and kinda used the bug planting thing as a cover up. after all, his only claim was that nobody was visiting laundry, and truth be told he was getting lynched no matter what yesterDay. plus i can see a scumkwk thinkin bout the town cred if he disproves bsl. i think this is the most possible of the following, considering the fact that bug planter could really be anything.

2: hes being legit about his role and is town, therefore his info is super reliable... but that role IS really ****in strong, especially early on. thats just a small fraction as far as why im doubting em as town; his play the bsl connections are HARD to deny the scumminess of. but i DO think its more probable that his role IS legit.

3: hes lying and using the results bsl DIDNT share. i doubt this is the case cuz thatd take maaaaad planning n ****, but i dont think its worth throwing out completely.

all i know is that we have no certainty unless hes dead, since if hes town hell be roleblocked till the rb is dead. if he dies and flips scum, great! we can move on. if he dies and hes town, great! we not only have the **** ton of connections to em, but we have a pool for who can be the rb (thanks to kwk FINALLY answering my question).

#HBC | Gorf

kwk, im gonna need time stamps for when you found out that i was targeting laundry and you, and when rake was targeting jex.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
murder
rake
wott
gorf

have all been around for sure
hmm

ok

unvote

nobody would rb kantrip before his claim, but i think hinting at the softballs last page is definitely worth taking into consideration. that expands the list to

gorf
watt
rake
murder
joker
ruy
laundry (?)

i feel like joker is as good as off this list. i also put a question mark on laundry cuz, while he was posting during your softballs, i dont think his mind was on your wagon. so for me, that leaves watt, rake, murder and ruy having AT LEAST one scum.

this is interesting.

ill be rereading this game soon when i get home.
@ Chaco Chaco

Chaco

Never Logs In
We been there since earlyish d1 after dietz and him had his back and forth. Keep the slot clean and there ya know?
Heard. You've got me sold, cause of his response to your claim of me. Cause he had no idea it happened. So you're legit.

Everyone needs to shield vote Wot. If you don't trust me on this and are weary of him, you can shield vote me since I am clear. I'd rather the shield go to Wot though.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
i confirm that i target laundry and kwk yesterDay.

however, i have multiple possibilities wondering through my head about the legitimacy of his claim:

1: hes being legit about his role, but bsl was lying about his own role and kinda used the bug planting thing as a cover up. after all, his only claim was that nobody was visiting laundry, and truth be told he was getting lynched no matter what yesterDay. plus i can see a scumkwk thinkin bout the town cred if he disproves bsl. i think this is the most possible of the following, considering the fact that bug planter could really be anything.

2: hes being legit about his role and is town, therefore his info is super reliable... but that role IS really ****in strong, especially early on. thats just a small fraction as far as why im doubting em as town; his play the bsl connections are HARD to deny the scumminess of. but i DO think its more probable that his role IS legit.

3: hes lying and using the results bsl DIDNT share. i doubt this is the case cuz thatd take maaaaad planning n ****, but i dont think its worth throwing out completely.

all i know is that we have no certainty unless hes dead, since if hes town hell be roleblocked till the rb is dead. if he dies and flips scum, great! we can move on. if he dies and hes town, great! we not only have the **** ton of connections to em, but we have a pool for who can be the rb (thanks to kwk FINALLY answering my question).
Are you saying that the eventual best course of action is to still kill off KWK for connections?

#HBC | Gorf

no. its to still kill off kwk cuz hes mad scummy and i think his claim is, albeit real, easily viable for scum. the connections and the tangible rb lead just happen to be what good directions come from a possible ml.

what did you look to get from me answering this?

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy

woah Red Ryu just got SLUGGED! he will take one less vote from the majority to be lynched! this means with a 6 man majority he will be lynched on 5 votes and so on for the rest of the game! this modnote will accompany votecounts moving forward

Kreative Whiz Kids (5): Rake, Gorf, Chaco, Joker, WATT
Gorf (3): Murderbush, Laundry, JeXs
Red Ryu (1): KWK

Not Voting (5): Beat!, Gheb_01, Scary, Bardull, Red Ryu

Deadline is 9/6 11:59:59 PM. With 14 alive it takes 8 to lynch!

[collapse=voting log]
1. #HBC | Gorf => KWK > Bardull > Chaco > KWK > Ruy > BSL
3. Beat! => Chaco > Chaco > unvote
4. #HBC | Laundry => Murderbush > Ruy
5. Chaco => Gheb > Gorf > KWK > KWK
6. Gheb_01 => KWK
7. Kreative Whiz Kids (Potassium/Sokr) => Joker > unvote > BSL > Rake > unvote > Red Ryu
8. #HBC | BarDeezy => Evil Eye > Gorf > Joker > Gorf > unvote
9. mUrDeRbUsH (Raziek/#HBC | Ryker) => Chaco > Gorf > Ruy > Gorf > BSL > Gorf
10. JeXs => Rake > BSL > KWK
11. Wots All This Then? (JDietz43/Orboknown) => Murderbush > Scary > Murderbush > unvote > KWK > unvote > KWK
12. #HBC | Rake. => JeXs > KWK > KWK
13. #HBC | Joker => KWK > KWK
14. #HBC | Red Ryu => Gorf > Chaco > unvote > Ranmaru > unvote
15. #HBC | Scary => KWK > BSL[/collapse]

Last edited:

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
no. its to still kill off kwk cuz hes mad scummy and i think his claim is, albeit real, easily viable for scum. the connections and the tangible rb lead just happen to be what good directions come from a possible ml.

what did you look to get from me answering this?
Clarification just because I wasn't understanding what was said before.

Top Bottom