• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs Marvel | Victory!

Chaco

Never Logs In
Thoughts on kwk?
Yes, more so thoughts on what I said about BSL's role and the possibility of KWK hijacking his results for a safe claim so he'd have results to throw on Rake. I think RB is potentially BS, not for certain though. Tell me what you think?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Eh, don't know what to make out about KWK being tracker. Uhm though guys HIS CLAIM FALLS IN PERFECT WITH WHAT BSL CLAIMED. Obviously KWK has more used than two shots this far. BSL mentioned more people than just one as well. I'd say he sets out a bunch of bugs at once and can get feelrs for multiple people at once. The role he is mentioning is WAY to strong for town, I think. I'm not certain about this.

But it would seem to me KWK is maknig a safeclaim from BSL's death. Lines up to perfectly imho. Especially of the detail about how BSL said he gets names. Right?

I still think KWK needs to die due to principle. We learn a lot from his flip and if he's gonna get ridden by an RB all game, whats the point?

Things to chew on for sure. @ BarDulL BarDulL thoughts? @ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf same question. Also to @ JeXs JeXs and @ Wots All This Then? Wots All This Then?
that's... actually an interesting take. and i 100% agree that he should die for your reasons stated bUt DoN't TeLl BaRdUlL cUz He MiGhT vOtE yOu CuZ dAt ReAsOnInG iZ sO sTuUuUuPiD!!!11

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Yes, more so thoughts on what I said about BSL's role and the possibility of KWK hijacking his results for a safe claim so he'd have results to throw on Rake. I think RB is potentially BS, not for certain though. Tell me what you think?
Thats. . A possibility I hadn't considered. I mean, it's possible. I feel like bsl was probs telling the truth on his once per day thing with his bugs so kantrip is either taking a risk woth his not kill claim or avctually has the role

Chaco

Never Logs In
or i can play it safe and you can stop bein oh so very slick.

@ Chaco Chaco is the exact name of your role friendly neighbor?
Yeah it is. Well, with Town in front of course.

And I thought it was interesting, it's the first thing I thought of. I just don't see opposing watchers to be fair.

Chaco

Never Logs In
it's locked and uninformed. today i bugged laundry, but it wasn't too long ago. couldn't decide who to bug so i just flipped a coin to go through the 16 players.

i'm notified if anyone targets them. i assume i'm alerted immediately.

no results as of yet.
i get a name.
i am notified for the rest of the Day, so no.

ooooooooooooh ok i understand your question. based on wording, it seems like just someone has visited them. let me check with a mod.
Now look at:

we can move it around freely. at any time. if we see something, we can then start tracking someone else. or if we just feel like switching, we can just move it.

there.
Sounds like a bug eh? Easily moved? Hmmm.
laundry was tuesday
rake was late wednesday-thursday
Hm, Laundry timing kind've DIRECTLY coincides with BSLs track on him. I think BSL hinted to more than one track to, I just can't remember where I thought I saw this at again, gonna go back and look, until then:

rake joker and arcane are not the killer of ranmaru
Weird results and doesn't mention Laundry..Hmm.

KWK needs to die. I smell fakeclaim out the wazoo, to coincidental for my taste. And coincidences? Eh, they usually aren't ACTUAL coincidences.

JeXs

Smash Champion
@Kreative Whiz Kids
Time to full claim. The only thing holding me back from lynching you is that I have this nagging feeling that you're getting set up.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
@Kreative Whiz Kids
Time to full claim. The only thing holding me back from lynching you is that I have this nagging feeling that you're getting set up.
by who? By the mysterious invisible scum in the shadows, or can you point to a person who is specifically doing it? Cuz if you can't, then you're jut spreading fud.

Chaco

Never Logs In
by who? By the mysterious invisible scum in the shadows, or can you point to a person who is specifically doing it? Cuz if you can't, then you're jut spreading fud.
Agree with this. Unless you have some reason to feel this way @ JeXs JeXs I don't understand where you're coming from, and will throw red flags to me upon a KWK scum flip.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm out for the night until late tomorrow after the next 10 minutes or so. I'd like to see more action before I get off tho. If anything happens, make sure it's a KWK lynch. I don't want to see anyone else dead, if there's another push wait for me to get back on, PUHLEASE! It won't be too late for me, mid-afternoon (4pm?) EST at best.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I kept thinking that he's getting set up ever since the bsl thing and I didn't really know why he was getting hated so much yesterDay.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
hmmm well i agree that being able to track multiple people at once is pretty strong, and outside of flavor i get why people are hating on the KWK slot with the general inconsistency in their approach to the game.

i'm pretty annoyed with the rake slot 'cause i don't get why he implied that KWK could be lying if KWK actually knew Rake visited JeXs. like right out the gate rake should have just said 'yeah you're right' because if KWK actually is scum it makes literally no difference whether or not KWK is outing Rake. i like KWK's reaction to rake getting mad at him though i guess. if rake was really just not thinking things all the way through then that's fine i guess.

idk, i can bite into sokrscum and let this go through if that's what town really wants but i feel like it's the wrong move and we should be looking at alternative avenues while the day is still young. just wish i had more time to reread and get all my questions out of the way, cause some slots could use some more substantiation up to this point.

JeXs

Smash Champion
But why? I see Scary with solid thoughts on KWK.
My only basis for town reading scary is his jump on bsl. The only reason for a scum scary to do that is if both kwk and bsl are scum and he can earn some townie points. Other than that he hasn't done much if anything at all.

Chaco

Never Logs In
hmmm well i agree that being able to track multiple people at once is pretty strong, and outside of flavor i get why people are hating on the KWK slot with the general inconsistency in their approach to the game.

i'm pretty annoyed with the rake slot 'cause i don't get why he implied that KWK could be lying if KWK actually knew Rake visited JeXs. like right out the gate rake should have just said 'yeah you're right' because if KWK actually is scum it makes literally no difference whether or not KWK is outing Rake. i like KWK's reaction to rake getting mad at him though i guess. if rake was really just not thinking things all the way through then that's fine i guess.

idk, i can bite into sokrscum and let this go through if that's what town really wants but i feel like it's the wrong move and we should be looking at alternative avenues while the day is still young. just wish i had more time to reread and get all my questions out of the way, cause some slots could use some more substantiation up to this point.
I'm fine with looking at other avenues for sure, BUT I do feel a KWK lynch is in order. The coincidence is pretty damning.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I think what you posted actually makes a lot of sense. I thought it was weird that they claimed such similar roles, and them being scum buddies, and KWK pulling info from their QT to build himself a fakeclaim makes perfect sense. Hell, it's something I'd try to do if I was scum, and thought my actual role was too scummy sounding to claim.

On top of that, both you and jexs have pointed out a discrepancy with his results. It sounds like he's struggling to stay afloat.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
re: my gorf vote

i really disliked gorf's approach to the claim because at first gorf is kinda naive to assume KWK is telling the truth, but then he does a 180 and is like 'but yeah regardless we gotta kill him.' i guess i'm concerned that the dude may have wanted to not be obvious in lynching KWK but then decided 'but he's the tracker and if we let him live that's obviously really bad for us' and prolly felt safer pursuing the slot after there was still skepticism regarding the claim, so therein laid my concern with the walrus of toast.

unvote

i may revote gorf again but i gotta reread the game and get a clearer picture before i continue. but yea KWK needs to elaborate a bit on these presumed inconsistencies.

@Kreative Whiz Kids was slightly curious regarding the tracking going on when BSL got punched in the mouf by an ability, but i'm unsure if this will lead to anything within town's interest. i guess use your best judgment in that regard if you feel it's necessary to out said info.

actually i wouldn't mind some elaboration on your target choices and why you switched them around while you're at it (dunno if this will really help you or not but i would still like to know).

aight more from me tomorrow

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
re: my gorf vote

i really disliked gorf's approach to the claim because at first gorf is kinda naive to assume KWK is telling the truth, but then he does a 180 and is like 'but yeah regardless we gotta kill him.' i guess i'm concerned that the dude may have wanted to not be obvious in lynching KWK but then decided 'but he's the tracker and if we let him live that's obviously really bad for us' and prolly felt safer pursuing the slot after there was still skepticism regarding the claim, so therein laid my concern with the walrus of toast.
You can't honestly think Gorf is so ****ing ******** that he'd react that transparently as scum. I mean, there's "scummy reaction" and then there's "needs help tying his shoes".

BarDulL

Town Vampire
joker what are your reads right now. would like some more substantiation from your slot and less volatile side lining (at least towards me anyway)

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
on the other hand, if you consider his reaction to be "a little rushed, and probably genuine", it makes perfect sense from a town perspective. If he was scum, I'd hope he'd be a bit more careful about what he allows to fall out of his mouth and onto his keyboard.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
see i'm not really getting your MO this game. like ok, you're TRYING to undermine my slot, but to what ends are you trying to achieve? you keep butting into my approaches unnecessarily but i don't really get it honestly. do you think i'm scum?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
secondly, there's a reason gorf is under scrutiny. gorf is not beyond the likelihood of being scum at this point, and it's entirely probable that he is playing nervous given the scrutiny he's under. you seem heavily staunch in your opinion of gorf, but why? what has you so sold on the slot?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
see i'm not really getting your MO this game. like ok, you're TRYING to undermine my slot, but to what ends are you trying to achieve? you keep butting into my approaches unnecessarily but i don't really get it honestly. do you think i'm scum?
i've said plenty of things this game that have nothing to do with you. The truth is, you just post the most things that I find painful to read, and I need to shut you down before the collective IQ of the game is dragged down, allowing scum to escape while we're all picking our noses.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
LOL!

dude you are seriously going too far and you need to cut it out. just because i have a different view point of the game from you isn't an inherent implication that i'm stupid. you're just being a butthole for no good reason, rofl

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Sorry, I didn't mean to come at you so hard, but I honestly believe you have not posted a single thing that incriminates Gorf in the slightest all game. You have a lot of inane theories, but not one of them seems even plausible to me. The most convincing piece of evidence anyone has laid down against Gorf is Laundry's meta argument, which is an incredibly weak reason to suspect him all by itself.

So please, present your case against Gorf. Tell me why he's scum.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
But why? I see Scary with solid thoughts on KWK.
Probably due to my lack of doing much tbh. Me at least getting thoughts out there is at least something over some past things though probably not the best idea since I've been drinking. Bed calls!

@Kreative Whiz Kids
Is there anything else that should be known about your role. You should have no problem holding back any info if you are town. Dance around that and die. You already proclaimed that BSL lied in your hammer post #616 and in #827. You really have no reason to hold anything back man.

@ JeXs JeXs
From what I reread, KWK has been receiving hate the entire game from hydra johns and using them as an excuse to flip his reads around when those flips may not make sense immediately. I actually haven't seen anyone address his questions on why his slot has received so much hate over these first two days. Literally all I've seen his hydra johns, wishy-washy, and not really going through with stances (until he dropped that hammer). If KWK were to flip scum, how would you feel about MurderBush, who's been a town read for most people but has had KWK on a town read since the start of the game? Also, opposite end of the spectrum, how would Joker look if KWK flipped town?

Weekend is here so I can hope to be a little more post happy. At least I've managed to stay caught up with reading.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Sorry, I didn't mean to come at you so hard, but I honestly believe you have not posted a single thing that incriminates Gorf in the slightest all game. You have a lot of inane theories, but not one of them seems even plausible to me. The most convincing piece of evidence anyone has laid down against Gorf is Laundry's meta argument, which is an incredibly weak reason to suspect him all by itself.

So please, present your case against Gorf. Tell me why he's scum.
ok, see, i can appreciate this response a lot more.

except you're asking me to present my case on gorf when i've already unvoted the slot...if you read my post all the way through you'd know this >:[. i was just explaining my approach to gorf in that earlier post so that i can be as transparent for the town as possible. i'm not implying you're stupid, since that's not really my cup of tea, but the direction i'm currently heading towards is to read the whole game since i've implied that my initial recent vote on gorf wasn't well founded enough via my unvote. so yeah my current direction is not to incriminate gorf scum. but perhaps later on you can talk to me about your opinions on gorfmonster.

ok i'm going to bed, later gators

JeXs

Smash Champion
Probably due to my lack of doing much tbh. Me at least getting thoughts out there is at least something over some past things though probably not the best idea since I've been drinking. Bed calls!

@Kreative Whiz Kids
Is there anything else that should be known about your role. You should have no problem holding back any info if you are town. Dance around that and die. You already proclaimed that BSL lied in your hammer post #616 and in #827. You really have no reason to hold anything back man.

@ JeXs JeXs
From what I reread, KWK has been receiving hate the entire game from hydra johns and using them as an excuse to flip his reads around when those flips may not make sense immediately. I actually haven't seen anyone address his questions on why his slot has received so much hate over these first two days. Literally all I've seen his hydra johns, wishy-washy, and not really going through with stances (until he dropped that hammer). If KWK were to flip scum, how would you feel about MurderBush, who's been a town read for most people but has had KWK on a town read since the start of the game? Also, opposite end of the spectrum, how would Joker look if KWK flipped town?

Weekend is here so I can hope to be a little more post happy. At least I've managed to stay caught up with reading.
Murder would still remain a town read. He has similar suspicions that kwk is being set up and it would be very hypocritical of me to scum read him that way. Joker would probably remain a town lean like he has been for me the entire game. Can't really remember much about what he has done though.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Also the fact that such a wagon forming on him so quickly On Day 1 just due to hydra johns and wishy washy sounds very opportunistic to me. I might have to do a reread and see reasons people kept piling votes on him for.

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
Kreative Whiz Kids (5): Rake, Red Ryu, Gorf, Chaco, Joker
Gorf (3): Murderbush, Laundry, JeXs
Red Ryu (1): KWK

Not Voting (5): Beat!, Gheb_01, Scary, WATT, Bardull

Deadline is 9/6 11:59:59 PM. With 14 alive it takes 8 to lynch!

[collapse=voting log]
1. #HBC | Gorf => KWK > Bardull > Chaco > KWK > Ruy > BSL
3. Beat! => Chaco > Chaco > unvote
4. #HBC | Laundry => Murderbush > Ruy
5. Chaco => Gheb > Gorf > KWK > KWK
6. Gheb_01 => KWK
7. Kreative Whiz Kids (Potassium/Sokr) => Joker > unvote > BSL > Rake > unvote > Red Ryu
8. #HBC | BarDeezy => Evil Eye > Gorf > Joker > Gorf > unvote
9. mUrDeRbUsH (Raziek/#HBC | Ryker) => Chaco > Gorf > Ruy > Gorf > BSL > Gorf
10. JeXs => Rake > BSL > KWK
11. Wots All This Then? (JDietz43/Orboknown) => Murderbush > Scary > Murderbush > unvote > KWK > unvote
12. #HBC | Rake. => JeXs > KWK > KWK
13. #HBC | Joker => KWK > KWK
14. #HBC | Red Ryu => Gorf > Chaco > unvote > Ranmaru
15. #HBC | Scary => KWK > BSL[/collapse]

Top Bottom