• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Daylight Saving

Dekar289

Smash Hero
don't give a crap
thought this was like a friendly reminder thread
i hate you

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I find it ******** at this point in time.

It was originally introduced to allow farmers extra daylight so they could farm longer, and only during the summer months (June, July, August). Since then it kept growing and growing and growing and now it takes up NINE MONTHS OF THE YEAR!?!? (This year it's March to November)

Seriously, what is wrong with the governments (Canada+USA).

I understood when it was only during the summer but, now it's absolutely ridiculous.

If you're going to make Daylight Savings Time go over 5 months of the year then there's no point in having it anymore. We live in the modern era where people can turn on the light to see what they're doing. If people want things done in the day time they can just schedule things earlier. Simple as that.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I heard it was brought in during "the war" so that there was more daylight hours and they wouldn't be up when it was dark, using lights to make them easy targets.

Either way it's still not needed anymore.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Last sunday for Perth, dunno about everywhere else.

Top Bottom