• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dave's Stupid Rule Variations

person701

Smash Journeyman
So I've heard at least three different versions of DSR.

1.) The same stage may not be played on twice in the same set.
2.) A player may not pick the same stage they won on that was played earlier in the set.
3.) A stage may not be picked twice in a row but mat be used if it wasn't used previously.

Does this rule just keep changing or do we just not have a solid "line" for it to follow? I've also noticed that recently people keep forgetting to add, "The same stage may not be played on if it has just been played on."

I.B

Smash Lord
It's usually "A player may not pick the same stage in the set if they've won on it. Ignore this rule if both players agree to play on said stage."

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah, what I.B said. That's usually how it goes, at least to my understanding.

darkatma

Smash Hero
what i've heard is can't cp the stage they last won on. which makes the most sense considering it covers everything for Bo3's, but for finals it allows a repeat if set goes on that long.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Actually IB missed it.

darkatma actually nailed the REAL original, DSR. The wording is "last" won on. So you can CP in best of 5 but not in best of 3.

Modified DSR was: you may not play any stage twice.
This was enacted in the MLG ruleset and everyone then confused it with the original DSR.

D

Deleted member

okay, well I can tell you guys right now that we're using IB's for the new MBR rule set, which will probably be posted this weekend.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Frankly I don't even think you need to call it DSR anymore. Just have the rule read
-You may not select a stage that you have previously won on.

BAM! Done.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yea, except nobody actually follows his actual stupid rule. They make their own one up that is similar than then tag "DSR" next to it.

Essentially the definition of his rule has been butchered for the past 5 years so much that its lost near all meaning.

Smash Journeyman
None the less the new accepted rule is based off of DSR.

Just trying to give dave some credit for his idea.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
okay, well I can tell you guys right now that we're using IB's for the new MBR rule set, which will probably be posted this weekend.
New ruleset! I'm overjoyed that the MBR has returned!

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Frankly I don't even think you need to call it DSR anymore. Just have the rule read
-You may not select a stage that you have previously won on.

BAM! Done.
You forgot to add "unless both players agree".

While the definition of the rule has been butchered over the years the meaning has actually been preserved fairly well.

Besides, as 2001 has mentioned, it's a part of Smash lore. It'd be a shame to lose it.

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
change the name and die!

Dav3 stupid rule will always be, dav3s stupid rule.

The rule is u can not play on the same stage u have won on, twice in a set. Like everything else in melee things evolve. It has now evolved to u cant play the same stage @ all 2wice in a set. But with the stages being limited to neutrals its pretty hard to retain this rule. It should be u cant play a counter stage twice in a set now.

Yes i had to post something because Alphazelot disrespected, i thought u loved me!

***5 STARS FOR POSTING THIS AND I HAVENT POSTED IN YEARS***

PS: I love you mow!

DSR 4 EVER!

Alukard

Smash Hero
Dav3 stupid rule will always be, dav3s stupid rule.

The rule is u can not play on the same stage u have won on, twice in a set. Like everything else in melee things evolve. It has now evolved to u cant play the same stage @ all 2wice in a set. But with the stages being limited to neutrals its pretty hard to retain this rule. It should be u cant play a counter stage twice in a set now.

Yes i had to post something because Alphazelot disrespected, i thought u loved me!

***5 STARS FOR POSTING THIS AND I HAVENT POSTED IN YEARS***

PS: I love you mow!

DSR 4 EVER!
***** quit for linking me to this ... ****ing grandpa smasher lmfaooooo

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Also posting in here because I was linked and Papa Dave and Scamp already said what was on my mind.

So I'm just going to say this: Any one with the mere thought of changing the name will walk the plank :mad:

and LOL GOOD **** DA_DAVE PLAYING THAT SCRUB FIGHTER 4 SON! *runs*

Top Bottom