• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data on Miis and Mii Tournament Rules

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
That isn'the issue as much as the time it would take to set up a custom mii. If you could create a custom mii within the game it wouldn't be as big of an issue for the Wii version but you can't even create a mii within the game you have to go to the mii maker. we are talking an extra 5-10 minutes per set, per mii.
The player should already have the Mii created if he plans to use it. Plus, you could make a mii and use a QR Code to scan it without taking as much time.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I actually don't mind Custom Miis for 3DS events. I think the OP and I are talking about the WiiU version

Khao

Smash Lord
The problem with this is that fatness also affects a Mii's stats, would it be reasonable to make a different Mii for every combination of size vs weight for every tournament?

You should really just let players export Mii Fighters from their 3DS, it's not ideal, but it's pretty much the only option that works while making use of the full extent of these characters. The whole point about Mii Fighters is that they're heavily customizable, forcing everyone to just use some default Mii takes pretty much all of that away.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
So guys, I have a story. I used to play Magic the Gathering and hang out at the store. On Friday nights there was a tournament, but there was a barrier to entry, I didn't have a deck. So a friend, who I had actually met like a week prior, loaned me his 200$ Jund deck and took it back after the tournament. I made sixth!.

My point is that if you play competitive smash, and you don't have a 3DS, you still KNOW someone who has a 3ds. Making miis usable by 3DS transfer only (no miimaker), should be a reasonably surmountable barrier to entry. Just borrow a 3DS or 2DS from a buddy.

The mii fighters overall seem like low-mid tier characters, so I think it's undesirable to lower their usage rate by nerfing them to standard miis only.

Malex

Smash Apprentice
So guys, I have a story. I used to play Magic the Gathering and hang out at the store. On Friday nights there was a tournament, but there was a barrier to entry, I didn't have a deck. So a friend, who I had actually met like a week prior, loaned me his 200$ Jund deck and took it back after the tournament. I made sixth!.

My point is that if you play competitive smash, and you don't have a 3DS, you still KNOW someone who has a 3ds. Making miis usable by 3DS transfer only (no miimaker), should be a reasonably surmountable barrier to entry. Just borrow a 3DS or 2DS from a buddy.

The mii fighters overall seem like low-mid tier characters, so I think it's undesirable to lower their usage rate by nerfing them to standard miis only.

@Jack Kieser's suggestion of a "staff 3DS" that can be used specifically for players who don't have access to one is simple and effective enough to handle it, in my opinion.

IF you are a competitive Mii player AND
IF you don't have a 3DS AND
IF you don't have any friends who have a 3DS

then

You speak to tournament staff who let you register your custom Mii builds onto the stafff 3DS, and can transfer off of it as long as it isn't currently being used to transfer one.

I don't expect more than 10 people (the number of builds you can have) to require it though.

Edit:

After creating some miis, I see that there appears to be no limit on how many miis you can build. Which means that isn't even a problem. 1 event 3DS should be fine no matter the number of people. (more than 10)

Last edited:
Top Bottom