• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dat Drop Kick!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
In the first trailer, Bowser uses some sort of drop kick.

What do you think this attack is? A new kind of sheild cancel? A replacement for an old attack?

He performs it around 1:33.

Pic if you don't want to see it in action.

Personally I think it might be a new forward smash.

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
Fsmash is my guess too.

This move brings Bowser up C. Falcon and Ganondorf levels of manliness.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
During the Developer Direct with Sakurai, Bowser used about 3 new moves. What could have been forward tilt(certainly not) Forward air, or forward smash was some other move. I'm guessing his big head bash smash has been changed.

I'm liking what appears to be the neutral air as well.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That N-Air seems to be a new animation for Bowser's midair jump, on a second viewing.

Side note, I'm now looking forward to seeing a drop kick from Giga Bowser.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Seems like his Side Smash is a Dropkick.

Dash looks like a sliding kick (similar to Fox's but much manlier)

And his neutral air looks like his animation from Brawl when someone jumps on his head. A crazy limb rotation.

Cool Daddy Booty Funk

Smash Cadet
Considering his new running animation is it possible that it is his new running attack? I doubt it because in the video he is stationary, but just saying. Anyway, I like his old fsmash, but this doesn't look bad either.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Based on what I saw, Dash attack seems like the low kick, F-smash most likely being that drop kick (since F-tilt is shown in a pic), a possible new N-air or U-air with that airborne flip, and of course he stands up more and runs. This new Bowser seems likely to have more potential with his new style. I'm gonna miss the skidding Bowser run, but it's probably for the best.
I also noticed Bowser used F-tilt with his right hand in the pics. Back in Brawl, he used it and other attacks with his left. Nothing big, but I was curious.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You know you've made a great game when you can use a giant turtle to dropkick elves and robots out of a boxing ring. Truly one of the greatest marvels in recent history.

grizby2

Smash Lord
his run animation looks so .....odd! I love it, but its odd not seeing him skid lol. but I prefer the running more. its so odd its scary, and dat's what da' BOWZ oughta' BE. know what'M SAYIN'?! now HUG DA BOWZ!

on topic: he has his f-tilt from brawl, I saw him using his Side-B from brawl, and I also saw his new dash attack multiple times, so I think its safe to say that its his new f-smash.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
As much as I love the drop kick (and I really do), I'm gonna miss the epic head crash move. I really love Bowser's new posture. It gives off a really foreboding, powerful persona for the koopa king. I think Bowser's well on his way to dominating the arena this time around.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That posture makes Bowser actually look smart!

I love it!

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
ZeRo made a good point about this move. It comes out immediately after the powershield so they might have implemented some sort of parry mechanic

but I still personally believe that it's a new fsmash

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Does anyone else find Bowser's dash a bit too goofy? :p

Personally, I still prefer this over the floor grinding.

EDIT: To be on topic, that drop kick makes Bowser seem quite athletic.

Rykard

Smash Ace
ZeRo made a good point about this move. It comes out immediately after the powershield so they might have implemented some sort of parry mechanic

but I still personally believe that it's a new fsmash
You can attack immediately out of a powershield in both brawl and melee so that concept isn't anything new.

Either way, it looks really nice and is great that he will will have a bit more range on his smashes from what it looks like

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
He meant like a specific and unique attack that can or always comes out after a powershield

FangnierFernious

Smash Apprentice
Im liking Boswer even more now. As a totally off topic side note I died laughing when Pikachu crawled away from Kirby. I dont know why.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
As much as I love the drop kick (and I really do), I'm gonna miss the epic head crash move. I really love Bowser's new posture. It gives off a really foreboding, powerful persona for the koopa king. I think Bowser's well on his way to dominating the arena this time around.
i love that posture too.

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
It actually looks to me like the forward aerial attack used by another fighter turtle in Brawl :squirtle:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm sure for those who seen the Developer Direct, Dash Attack looks more like a low kick., where F-smash is the dropkick. Based on observations that the vids and pics have shown so far:

-Side-B = Flying Slam, still the same as Brawl's
-F-tilt is the same
-Dash Attack most likely the low kick since Bowser doesn't have his old dash
-F-smash (old one not shown) = Boozer dropkick!

We have yet to see Bowser's Jab in action yet though, and once we see it, Bowser Dropkick will be confirmed as the new F-smash, when I go by observations.

And it seems like all of Bowser's specials, which are Fire Breath, Whirling Fortress, Flying Slam, and Bowser Bomb (Neutral B, Up-B, Side-B, and Down-B respectively), are still the same. I do have curiosity on the airborne Bowser flip from the Developer Direct Vid though.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It could still be his F-aerial, and it was used immediately after jumping. I haven't seen any footage of Bowser aside from the trailer though, I don't know if he has been shown using his original f-aerial at all. I don't recall seeing him use his original f-aerial in the trailer though.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
I'm really loving the way Bowser stands and runs so far. It's far more akin to how he is in the source games, especially when it looks like that dash animation was ripped straight out of 3D Land.

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
Dayum Bowser's got some pretty good posture now.

I hope it's another move though, not his f-smash because I love his old one. Landing it was so satisfying, it just had this level of epicness.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
This is confirmed for his Fsmash basically. In the developer demo for SSB4 they shown off the new dash attack (one legged dive kick).

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I'm always up for character changes and I'm glad Bowser's getting an update but I'm going to miss his old dash so much. I LOVED that dash. ;__;

Supermario12

Smash Apprentice
In the first trailer, Bowser uses some sort of drop kick.

What do you think this attack is? A new kind of sheild cancel? A replacement for an old attack?

He performs it around 1:33.

Pic if you don't want to see it in action.

Personally I think it might be a new forward smash.
It reminds me of Fox's smash attack in N64

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I believe it is a new Fsmash, and holy jeez, does it travel far.

Is is me, or is Bowser covering some fairly decent distance with it in the video?

Top Bottom