• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DaShizWiz: APEX 2012 Good Player Fund

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Hey guys!

I've just talked to Shiz :falcomelee: recently, and he would love to attend APEX 2012. He's not retired just yet =)
However, he needs our help. If whoever wants to see him come pitches in a little, we can reach the goal amount in no time.

The fund would help pay for a plane ticket from Fort Myers Airport FL, to Newark Airport NJ.

I will keep a log of any and all donations in the thread. If for some reason we don't reach the intended amount, or if the player is unable to attend this unprecedented tournament, all donators will be refunded in full. Any donations that go over what is needed for his trip to Apex will also be refunded. Thanks!

Edit: We have reached our goal amount. If there are any further donations I will message the donator and then confirmed with them for a refund, unless you want to donate to him for food, etc. It is not necessary though.

Goal amount: $290.00 USD

Donations:

Donator Amount
Chain-Ace $40.00 USD
aisight $125.00 USD
Beat! $10.00 USD
Axe $5.00 USD
King Funk $20.00 USD
Doser $20.00 USD
jedi093 $5.00 USD
V3ctorMan $5.00 USD
CableCho57 $7.00 USD
Acryte $20.00 USD
HBK $53.00 USD
Total: $310.00 USD

Melee Discussion Thread

Izek

Smash Cadet
i would love to see shiz :D. hope it works out good lock :)

LLDL

Smash Hero
aisight, you're awesome man. We really appreciate it!!!!

Strife

Banned via Warnings
gonna go ahead and give my opinion on the matter since it's the internet and i can do that from the safety of my computer chair

If you ask anyone if they'd like to go to a big national like this I'm sure the answer would be a unanimous yea sure I'd love to, there's only the question of money.

Shiz has other focus' right now, he has his musical and dance career that he is focusing on, and if you ask him point blank I'm sure he'd tell you the same thing. He had fun playing this game, there is no doubt, and we all had fun watching him, but chances are he isn't going to come back to this game seriously any time soon, so if you're going to donate for him to go, donate because you enjoy watching him play, or you were inspired by him and want to offer him a chance to have some fun before he goes off and attempts to start his life.

Do not donate because you think he's coming back to the scene.

I personally am not going to donate because even though he is fun to watch, I'd rather see some aspiring players be given the opportunity rather than someone who's already run his course with this game and has it put on the back burners while he focuses on other things that are more important to him.
I'm not saying he's wrong in his decision, but I am just curious as why we're more willing to donate to someone who's focus isn't melee when there are plenty of players out there who's focus is melee.

I personally am planning on helping (financially) a couple people here in FL who I've seen potential in, and a drive and willingness to work on improving, and would like to give them the learning opportunity that is a national.
Please read above quote.

Tink

Smash Hero
i just hope he doesnt get tapped like the last national he went to and got ***** :/....ppl do deserve it more imo, but shiz is a chill and coola ss dood, so i cant hate on ppl donating.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I was just a saying a couple days back that this wouldn't be a true national without Shiz. Really hope he does well, and if he attends TO7 or something beforehand I'd love to donate cause I want him to be well-prepared =D

LLDL

Smash Hero
^ Yeah that is a good point. We're trying to get someone to give him a ride, if possible to Tipped off 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom