• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash Attack

Dax

Smash Journeyman
So, yeah, I'm sorry i'm making a whole topic about this but I think this must be discussed if we want to keep G&W's metagame fresh.
I recently did some tests with the dash attack, for example I tried to understand if there were some occasions where its strange priority could be useful (like u tilt's **** against who's above you) but... sadly I didn't come with anything interesting.
Sometimes I think it is possible to use it after a Bair if your opponent falls but I don't see how it is better than a d tilt or nair or something else.
In general, the point is to try to reduce at max G&W's use of the shield. Since it sucks so much and light shield is not always possible, we must learn how to space well and outprioritize attack even more.

Anyone found anything?

_KuyaSombreo_

Smash Ace
i was playing a marth on battlefield.....

i dash attack at the same time he up b's to the edge, and it stage spikes him

the same thing happened when i played his falco

j00t

Smash Champion
Dash attack is one of GnW's best moves IMO

it combo's into itself sometimes... **** :D

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
If u wanna learn how to attack and space well with Game, use his Nair, Bair, and D-Tilt. One of his best moves. My brother even has a hard time getting to me cause knock him back with my Nair. Another good move is to D-Throw your enemy, and then short hop to avoid getting hit by your opponents recovery and use his side special. If your lucky you'll easily knock out your opponent with 9. Another good use for the judge is that when your opponent is recovering to the stage, you can jump off and use judge and might be able to knock him back or even kill him.

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
If u wanna learn how to attack and space well with Game, use his Nair, Bair, and D-Tilt. One of his best moves. My brother even has a hard time getting to me cause knock him back with my Nair. Another good move is to D-Throw your enemy, and then short hop to avoid getting hit by your opponents recovery and use his side special. If your lucky you'll easily knock out your opponent with 9. Another good use for the judge is that when your opponent is recovering to the stage, you can jump off and use judge and might be able to knock him back or even kill him.
Good try fellow Game and Watch user, but I believe that some of Dax's post is more about being encouraged to space better than what you suggested about on how to learn to space with what moves. Namely the Nair, Bair, D-tilt.
-Most of us here know how to space very well already and certainly know how to space a Nair, Bair, Dtilt.

Next time pay closer attention when you read something =D !!!

Anyone found anything?
Yeah, I'll reveal it to you guys next year though; saving it for the EVOLUTION video.
-Well...I guess I can share it with you guys but not here on the board. I want to show it off to the rest of the community for a future time. That is, to non all game and watch mains.

Question to DAX: Do you have a AIM or Facebook?
---------
If one of you guys think you have found just that thing or just want to know it, just ask me through a PM; I'll only tell you if I think your a Game and Watch main or at least have him as a secondary =D !!!

QERB

Banned via Warnings
i def like g&w's dash attack against chars with a lot of priority, especially marth since it cancels with a handful of his attacks. and after that you can get a quick jab-grab or d-tilt, which is a great setup.

Also, against fast-faller (fox,falco,falcon etc), if you hit them with the last few frames of the dash attack you can chain it to a f-smash, easy little high damage combo

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Dash attack is definitely a surprise move to pull out evey once in a while.

It's really easy to punish if you hit a shield, they CC or you miss.

But it leads to things on nearly the entire cast.

Really high-risk/high-reward.

And it's hilarious to look at.

Especially dumb combos like Dash-attack -> Dash-attack -> Dash-attack -> Fsmash.

Or Dash-attack -> Utilt chains.

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
Dash attack is definitely a surprise move to pull out evey once in a while.

It's really easy to punish if you hit a shield, they CC or you miss.

But it leads to things on nearly the entire cast.

Really high-risk/high-reward.

And it's hilarious to look at.

Especially dumb combos like Dash-attack -> Dash-attack -> Dash-attack -> Fsmash.

Or Dash-attack -> Utilt chains.
Very true post is very true post.

Dash Attack to Utilt hmmmmmmmmmmm... I can experiment on this some more definitely, thanks for bringing the idea up.
---------
What I agree with you the most: Dash Attack does look HILARIOUS to look at LOLOLOL/HAHAHAHA!!!

Dax

Smash Journeyman
I found the correct moment where dash attack could result in a free f smash after or something else later. I'll show it in a vid here, as there is nothing the opponent can do to prevent it when that situation happens. The only other option is a dash to d-tilt, which is also very rewarding so it's a choice.

hint: it works generally in a way which is similar to a certain fox's use

DualCats

Smash Ace
I've gotten stage spikes with dash-attacks before. :3 I know it can happen on BF and Yoshi's Story, I think I've pulled it off on FD as well.

Top Bottom